Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 08:54 PM

3,295 posts, read 7,016,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeftyTrav View Post
The latest from the LGBT handbook is that over 80% of straight people who are often mistaken for gay, are in fact gay!

If they are in fact gay, and not straight and were never straight, how does that figure or statistic even work (what does the 80% refer to then )?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 PM

2,615 posts, read 5,399,973 times
Ha, yes. Funnily enough, it's not an insult, though I don't roll that way.

Old 05-10-2012, 09:09 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,722,754 times
I was accused and whispered about being a lesbian because I wasn't allowed to date until I was in high school...so I secretly dated every boy that would have me in middle school (dating back then was declaring it to my friends and saying 'hi' in the hallways). lol

I was also accused of being a lesbian by a past co-worker (who is a lesbian) because I didn't have a boyfriend and haven't had one for a long time. Rather than date every male co-worker to prove a point, I simply replied "That's Bull****." and got written up for cussing in front of customers.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,054,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
Yeah that's more stereotypes though (men love cars, history, geography). But it's more your overall questions, the things you post. It's like you're indirectly comparing yourself to women through the line of questioning.

Not asking you to stop. Keep on keeping on.
You know what's weird, when I was younger I'd often compare myself to women as much as men!

I mean I never wanted to be pretty or wear myself in a bow, but like, I guess I just wasn't as gender conscious, I'd just compared myself on anything to anyone. Like how attractive I was or something.

I've never felt like a woman in a man's body, but sometimes I do feel I can relate to women moreso than man. In other area's, I definitely take the so-called 'male' point of view, but I relate to women's sensitivity and that sort of thing.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
I was accused and whispered about being a lesbian because I wasn't allowed to date until I was in high school...so I secretly dated every boy that would have me in middle school (dating back then was declaring it to my friends and saying 'hi' in the hallways). lol

I was also accused of being a lesbian by a past co-worker (who is a lesbian) because I didn't have a boyfriend and haven't had one for a long time. Rather than date every male co-worker to prove a point, I simply replied "That's Bull****." and got written up for cussing in front of customers.
Maybe because she wanted you to believe you were gay so she could have you for herself?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 PM

399 posts, read 581,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
You know what's weird, when I was younger I'd often compare myself to women as much as men!

I mean I never wanted to be pretty or wear myself in a bow, but like, I guess I just wasn't as gender conscious, I'd just compared myself on anything to anyone. Like how attractive I was or something.

I've never felt like a woman in a man's body, but sometimes I do feel I can relate to women moreso than man. In other area's, I definitely take the so-called 'male' point of view, but I relate to women's sensitivity and that sort of thing.
Do you feel balanced or do you feel you're struggling with striking that balance?

Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
Jeeps are gay? Wow. I thought they were the epitome of rugged, hetero masculinity?
I'm pretty sure that has never been the case, atleast not in America.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah, I can't say that I have ever seen any man as sexy....
Well, your life's not over yet.

Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 PM

8,928 posts, read 14,338,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
You've been more fortunate than I have. I had a girl at a past job who bellowed that I was gay to the high heavens just because she never saw a single black guy who dressed well, (job was a bank teller so you dress up ), talked in proper english mostly, and showered every day.
The real question is, how is it that she knows your (or anyone else's) showering schedule?

Old 05-11-2012, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinieRN View Post
Do you feel balanced or do you feel you're struggling with striking that balance?
Well I don't really feel unbalanced, lol.

Old 05-11-2012, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
I'm pretty sure that has never been the case, atleast not in America.

Well, your life's not over yet.
I'm pretty sure the whole hoards of 'soccer moms' driving SUV's is a somewhat recent phenomenon. How old are you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships