Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 04:05 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,466,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah, I know that members both sexes can be attractive, but I don't say that any man is "hot." The whole subject doesn't bug me, though I did grow up in a VERY homophobic culture and environment and have had to deal with that (having found out that my brother and son are gay).
Of course, everyone can see both sexes as attractive. I'm talking about specifically sexy. I've pretty been exclusively attracted to women and dated only women, but I have found a few men not just attractive but sexy. Would I have sex with them? No. But I do acknowledge that I found them sexy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2012, 04:06 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
I've been hit on by a couple of lesbians in the past if that's what you mean. No I don't take it personally. I just figure they're just checking.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:07 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,569,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trimac20 View Post
I'm pretty much 95% straight, I think, and I don't think I give off a 'gay' vibe. One time, however, my friend said that his brother thought I was gay when he first met me. He didn't explain why, just said that I seemed a little gay. I don't dress up much, don't have a 'gay accent', although I do like musicals and culture, lol...That friend is/was bi-curious himself and I would say he gave off a slightly gay vibe. Maybe the fact we met on a dating site - strictly as friends (yes, you can use dating sites for that) - might have added to that perception. Actually when we first met he sent me a text saying 'you're sexy' which confused me, I asked him about it and he just said he was joking. I still wonder about that.

Anyway, since then he says his man-loving days are 'over.' Now he dates a string of Japanese women (he has a Japanese fetish but his white) and constantly talks about the details of his sex life. I think he's that's pretty much what's on his mind a lot of the time.

Have you ever been mistaken/thought of as being gay before?
There one this one time........at band camp........

Old 05-08-2012, 04:15 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,982,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Of course, everyone can see both sexes as attractive. I'm talking about specifically sexy. I've pretty been exclusively attracted to women and dated only women, but I have found a few men not just attractive but sexy. Would I have sex with them? No. But I do acknowledge that I found them sexy.
That's kind of weird. If you mean that you can tell what other guys are attractive and what women might perceive as sexy, then I somewhat agree with you. But that is not the same as being sexually attracted to them yourself. But sure, you could show me 2 guys and I could probably tell you which I think women would more likely label "sexy" or "hot" or whatever, unless they were really close.

Old 05-08-2012, 04:28 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
Nah, I can't say that I have ever seen any man as sexy....

Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 PM

14,078 posts, read 16,618,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Nah, I can't say that I have ever seen any man as sexy....
Not even Wentworth Miller? Oh, come on!

Old 05-08-2012, 04:31 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Like Sugar View Post
Not even Wentworth Miller? Oh, come on!
Him? He ain't even cute.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:09 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,002,282 times
I have never in my life been asked if I were gay, though I've had gay men approach me before.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:13 PM

3,840 posts, read 4,513,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydive Outlaw View Post
I'm not gay. . . . . .

However, my guy friends make "gay" jokes all of the time when referring to me and citing "gay" things about me - and it gets really annoying after awhile.

For example:

I go tanning. Usually medium pressure but occasionally Mystic Spray

I drive a Jeep

I have nipple piercings

My preferred cologne is Chrome by Azzaro (I'm still not sure why that is considered "gay")

I have a purebred Maltese dog (He roxx, and has the heart and courage of a lion - I don't care if it makes me seem "gay")

I drink Chambord Kamikazes (I'm still like, WTF. . . how is that "gay")

I paint my girlfriend's toenails, (Lancombe Passion Pink) although I still don't think that is "gay".

When they go through the CD collection at my house, they think it's "gay" that I have albums from Poison, Cinderella and White Lion.

I don't use toilet paper, but leave some available at my house for guests. I keep a supply of Huggie's Baby Wipes for that process everytime and they are in the bathroom at my house. I'm still confused about why my buddies giggle and laugh about that - like seriously, is a guy "gay" for wanting to stay extra clean around that part. I just don't get it.

And I guess I didn't help the situation, when on my last skydiving road trip to a drop zone in California, I stopped overnight in a town called Redding and the closest bar to the motel was called "Monroe's" and I went in to have a few beers and rock some karaoke, and wow - it turned out to be a gay bar. I didn't realize it until I went to use the restroom and looked at two doors. One of them said "Ladies" and the other one said "Queens".

I still haven't lived that one down yet.

Sky-O
Gayer then Edward Cullen sparking at a SanFran Pride Rally on Elton John's float....

Old 05-08-2012, 08:47 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,081,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MOKAN View Post
Why do I think you might be confused? It's just the theme of the threads you've created and the things you've said lately. Plus, I know that some folks have a very difficult time coming out if they are gay, and just by getting being confused, whether they are or not. It seems so simple, though, so I don't understand why those who are gay have such a hard time figuring it out. Like I said in my prior post, it all boils down to whether you are romantically and sexually attracted to, both emotionally and physically. All through my childhood I had "normal" kiddy crushes on girls. In elementary school we had this thing where we "chased girls" on the playground. Then when I was 11 or 12 and in 6th grade, I hit the part of puberty in which I became "sexually aware" and I noticed girls in a whole new way, especially my newfound sexual attraction to them physically. Actually, my math and science teacher, Mrs. Cook, I remember distinctly thinking she had a really nice azz. In all reality, she was nothing special, but being at that age when the wind blows and you get an erection, she was really something. Despite these facts, I've still gotten confused. Actually, I think it's really just paranoia. What's most confusing and perplexing to me is that I've met gay men who are middle aged and were married and had kids, only to come out much later in life. That seems so strange to me. It's hard to understand. But it's generally said to be our culture was so rigid for folks who are now middle aged and older when they were younger, that the concept of homosexuality wasn't even thought of, so they had no idea they could even be that, so they just did the "normal" thing and dated girls, married, and had kids. I understand that, but honestly it still freaks me out a bit. But then our conciousness has been hit hard by homosexuality lately by the media, so I guess it makes sense. You've probably noticed I've created a lot of gay threads and that's driven by the fact I just have a really hard time understanding it, and I need to give it up because it's something I'll never fully understand, just as I'll never understand what it's like to be a woman, black, etc. etc. As for what you've said, Trimac, that thing where you said you've had "crushes" on boys when you were a boy and that you're 95% straight also makes me think you could be confused. But then there are a lot of people who said sexuality is not 100% either way, so who knows.
I'm not confused, if I were gay I'm not the type who would pretend otherwise. Believe me, it's extremely important for me to be honest with and true to myself. Not that I need to 'prove' my heterosexuality - I mean it'd be nothing to you if I WAS gay anyway, but as I've said I've been always emotionally and physically attracted to women. The 'crushes' I speak about were more of a phase, I think, and I don't think they were as deep as the crushes I've had on women. I don't experience this anymore. And when I hit puberty, and started noticing girls in 'another way', it was definitely girls I was noticing. I think, like you, it was all a bit of paranoia. I think I was going through a lot in those years, and that was just one of those things. At most, I admit I'm a little 'bi-curious' at times, but overall the idea of say anal sex with another man turns me off.

I think some people feel uncomfortable with bisexuality because they can't see how gayness can co-exist with straight desires. I truly believe my experience isn't actually all that uncommon, I'm just a bit more honest than most. I never really intended to share this much on CD, but I guess I am asking for it by creating this thread! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships