Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,776,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
Either that or an investor.
my money's on Zuckerberg!

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM

37,834 posts, read 46,419,524 times
Quote:
Really? You can't email them?
Of course you can email. Who knows when they'll respond, or even check their email account. Having your children on your FB page is a great way to keep up with them if they are older, and no longer around that much. Most of my family is on mine - we love it.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:31 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,812,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
Yes, but they don't even check their mail anymore (too involved with Facebook, I guess)
Tell 'em to get the hell off FB and check their damn mail! Time to put your foot down.

You're right... FB is stupid.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Why are you so worried about what other people think of you not having a FB page?
Not 'worried' about anything but at the same time I really do not appreciate being categorized as 'boring', 'uninteresting', 'dull', or 'loser' simply because I haven't jumped onto the FB bandwagon.

And I always thought that those who do not readily conform to what 'everyone else' is doing are more interesting and 'unique'. Whodathunk?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:37 PM

20,340 posts, read 37,419,585 times
Quote:
Tell 'em to get the hell off FB and check their damn mail! Time to put your foot down.

You're right... FB is stupid.
You are right about that

Old 05-07-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Why do you act like FB isn't real life? It's not a reality show. There's aren't any Kardashian's floating around my FB page. I am the same on FB as I am off. Just like you share certain things with the world, how is FB any different. There is no one in my life I don't want there and my FB page is the same way.

The same people that fake or front in life off the computer do that same stuff in real life.

So, doing something you like is conforming? I like FB. I didn't have to join or join b/c anyone else was.

Why are you so worried about what other people think of you not having a FB page?
Facebook is much like this forum, except that in here nobody knows who is who. In Facebook your friends and coworkers know who you are.

By the way, read the bios of your friends in Facebook to see how close they are explaining themselves. Sometimes this is hilarious

Old 05-07-2012, 07:47 PM

37,834 posts, read 46,419,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
To me Facebook is a place for lonely people who can't communicate face to face. It's impersonal like living a virtual reality, and childish, but a good place to find someone to cheat with or to lose one's job Not trying to offend anybody in here, but that's the way I see it.
I assure you that you have no clue about it then. Lonely people? LOL

Old 05-07-2012, 07:47 PM

766 posts, read 1,664,044 times
Quote:
Not 'worried' about anything but at the same time I really do not appreciate being categorized as 'boring', 'uninteresting', 'dull', or 'loser' simply because I haven't jumped onto the FB bandwagon.

And I always thought that those who do not readily conform to what 'everyone else' is doing are more interesting and 'unique'. Whodathunk?
Not, necessarily...I think it depends on what it is. This isn't the civil rights movement, this is FB. It's not that serious. There are plenty of unique and interesting people on FB as I am sure there are off.

The person that invented rock and roll was unique. Not going on FB makes you no different than the millions of other people that aren't on FB.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Not, necessarily...I think it depends on what it is. This isn't the civil rights movement, this is FB. It's not that serious. There are plenty of unique and interesting people on FB as I am sure there are off.

The person that invented rock and roll was unique. Not going on FB makes you no different than the millions of other people that aren't on FB.
Now you're backtracking. But it's all right, I understand.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChessieMom View Post
I assure you that you have no clue about it then. Lonely people? LOL
Maybe I am wrong. But what I see posted on the boards at Facebook mostly are people talking about themselves and others late into the night. To me it's a lot more fun to communicate with others face to face, keeping the private stuff out of the picture. On Facebook anything goes: things at work, things at home, relationship problems, gossip, and so forth. I have always believed that the less human face-to-face interaction the more isolated one becomes from real life, thus the loneliness I am referring to. At the end one is left with something that's not real, with makes it more difficult to cope with the realities of life.

I just find it extremely hard to expose everything about my life for all to see. That's why I mentioned "virtual reality" in one of my previous posts. A lot of the people in Facebook are living a virtual life, but in public.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships