Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 05:06 PM

8,227 posts, read 11,166,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwamjn View Post
Wasn't one of the criticisms of Facebook, "people having fake friends?"

Wouldn't a message board be just as much, if not more so, inclined to be full of fake friends than Facebook?
What? Who believes that any of the people on here are their friends?

Old 05-08-2012, 06:20 PM

270 posts, read 488,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
And that's fine, but just b/c you have a FB page I don't see why people assume you post your whole life or make up an alternate reality.
Yes, to everything you have said on here.

Meanwhile, I'll sit back and watch as more people spend more time posting about what a waste of time Facebook is, to all of us strangers hahahaha

Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 PM

37,722 posts, read 46,178,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
You don't have any friends at work, nor do you accept these friends as your friends in Facebook?

But it still does not matter, if you use Facebook at work while taking a break, unless you don't do it on a company's computer and network your privacy may not be private. Check your Facebook page on a work computer, or use their network, and you are liable to share your privacy with the company you work for. If you don't believe me, check your work contract.
I work in a professional office...we certainly do not access social sites at work.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:29 PM

4,576 posts, read 9,179,088 times
The fact that my mom who was born in 1950 uses facebook is enough for me not to sign up.

No thanks.

I'm too hip for my shirt.

Old 05-08-2012, 07:51 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,632,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister-H View Post
I'll be happy when the Facebook craze dies down. It's sad watching adults compete for the attention they didn't get growing up. I mean, it's cool for the teenagers. But it makes adults look kinda desperate to me. I don't know. It's like everyone is super important in their own minds. Zuckerberg makes his money off people's narcissism. But I do see it being useful in marketing a business.
prefer guys who dont have it.

if people have it for their kids pics or whatever thats fine but I really got sick of neighbors pics of her middle aged son and his latest birthday.

Something about FB just brings out narcisssism, don't like it.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:01 PM

3,670 posts, read 7,175,709 times
i can't think of any of my peers who don't have facebook. i was a member of the class entering freshman year of college in 2005 when facebook took off, so we are the facebook generation so to speak. that being said i wouldn't care unless he had an annoying, condescending attitude about it.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:12 PM

44,399 posts, read 20,128,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
My thread has been hijacked again by facebook haters and zealots!

Any chance a mod can close it upon OP's request?
Done. People, please try to stay on topic in all of the threads. Always read the OP so you know how the discussion originated.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.