Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 04:32 PM

469 posts, read 914,288 times

Advertisements

I do not FB, but Im happy and so is my wife.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:46 PM

11,381 posts, read 9,299,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by howdydoody342 View Post
i think im gonna delete my facebook in a few years.. i really hate seeing people falsely boast how wonderful their life is
I heard about that.

Except for maybe one person I have no interest in connecting with anyone in my past. I have 6 friends that I have known for 20-37 years. Only one of them has Facebook and that's because he was once in a popular local rock band that released 3 CD's.

I have very little in the way of family (none of them are on Facebook) so it is useless to me.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM

289 posts, read 568,537 times
I have seen friendships and relationships destroyed by facebook. I think it's a destructive influence on society...don't have one, don't want one...

Old 05-07-2012, 05:35 PM

3,187 posts, read 5,157,455 times
I have no facebook account. Never saw the need in it. I was too old for MYspace when it came out. The only social site I log into is some crazy little site (you might have heard of it) called City-Data!

That's the extent to my social networking..I guess I'm just not up to par..Honestly the only thing I use the computer for is Skyscraperpage, Skyscrapercity, this one and youtube so I can listen to my type of music. That's it. Sometimes the paper.

Old 05-07-2012, 05:46 PM

7,284 posts, read 16,700,454 times
Anyone who judges a person's character using that person's possession of a Facebook account as a measuring stick, deserves to be thrown overboard.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:12 PM

1,142 posts, read 2,134,284 times
I find it hard to believe women would base a decision on to date or not to date on having a FB account. I don't have one and I don't want one. I have heard way to many horror stories about people getting fired for something posted, was turned down for employment because they would not give out the password and peoples homes have been robbed. So if your a guy single and around 60 with no FB account feel free to DM me LOL.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:28 PM

178 posts, read 376,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ1252 View Post
I find it hard to believe women would base a decision on to date or not to date on having a FB account.
Okay, just for clarity, the question is not whether a woman would date someone who doesn't have facebook. It's safe to say we all know that answer to that. The the question from the OP (me) is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
"how common is it for guys who don't have fb and what do women think about dating those guys, any stereotypes?"
It's a slightly different question and I gather from those who that have posted so far, it is not uncommon to find a guy who doesn't have an FB accout and for most women it is no big deal. Right? Thanks!

Old 05-07-2012, 06:50 PM

766 posts, read 1,659,570 times
I do find it strange a guy in 2012 with no FB page. I know a lot of people that rarely get on and still have pages.

I dated a guy with no FB page and initially I thought maybe he's hiding something and just doesn't want me to know he has one, lol...I know I am stereotyping but he didn't have many friends and was kind of boring....I think of him when I think of no FB page. It's not like FB is the coolest thing in the world, but I don't understand why some people make a point not to have one. I have noticed it's primarily a certain type of person though.

I enjoy FB and have never had any drama. If you have a lot of real life drama, you will probably have FB drama too.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:58 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,807,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
I do find it strange a guy in 2012 with no FB page. I know a lot of people that rarely get on and still have pages.

I dated a guy with no FB page and initially I thought maybe he's hiding something and just doesn't want me to know he has one, lol...I know I am stereotyping but he didn't have many friends and was kind of boring....I think of him when I think of no FB page. It's not like FB is the coolest thing in the world, but I don't understand why some people make a point not to have one. I have noticed it's primarily a certain type of person though.

I enjoy FB and have never had any drama. If you have a lot of real life drama, you will probably have FB drama too.
I do not understand why people make a point of having one.

Since you have said that a certain type of person doesn't have one and it so happens to be that I do not have one, perhaps you can tell us what sort of person doesn't have one. This could be interesting and I might just be able to learn something in the process. Something about me - or something about you.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:13 PM

766 posts, read 1,659,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
I do not understand why people make a point of having one.

Since you have said that a certain type of person doesn't have one and it so happens to be that I do not have one, perhaps you can tell us what sort of person doesn't have one. This could be interesting and I might just be able to learn something in the process. Something about me - or something about you.
There's quite a few traits that pop in my head. Not gonna go through all that.

Ex: My parents don't have FB pages, but they are over 60 and only go on the internet for specific stuff.

As I stated the guy I dated was boring and didn't have a many friends. So, lets say he's one type of person. I guess boring and friendless to break it down.

Nothing to learn about me and my FB other it's drama-free like my life and I like them both that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships