Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 07:16 PM

4,868 posts, read 8,419,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
There's quite a few traits that pop in my head. Not gonna go through all that.

Ex: My parents don't have FB pages, but they are over 60 and only go on the internet for specific stuff.

As I stated the guy I dated was boring and didn't have a many friends. So, lets say he's one type of person. I guess boring and friendless to break it down.

Nothing to learn about me and my FB other it's drama-free like my life and I like them both that way.
What a vague post . So basically someone who doesn't conform has some kind of issue?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:21 PM

1,364 posts, read 1,808,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mir86 View Post
What a vague post . So basically someone who doesn't conform has some kind of issue?
Apparently so. So a person can only be 'interesting' and 'have a life' if he/she has a FB page. Guess I better get one since not having one means I am a loser.

Here's the thing. Not everyone has the need to put his/her life on display for the entire world to see. Some of us choose to save it for those who are worthy of it... in person.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:22 PM

766 posts, read 1,660,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbitluvr View Post
I do not understand why people make a point of having one.

Since you have said that a certain type of person doesn't have one and it so happens to be that I do not have one, perhaps you can tell us what sort of person doesn't have one. This could be interesting and I might just be able to learn something in the process. Something about me - or something about you.
Oh, and I forgot this part of the question. I have family and friends literally all over the world due to military, work, school, personal reasons etc.

I get to look at almost daily pictures of my godchildren and watch them grow up. I love the discussions we havem like today I we were discussing the election tomorrow. Yesterday we were discussing hair care/styles. I get to see the point of views of not only my friends, but their friends. I have found people I lost contact with when I was a kid. I found one of my middle school best friends. I have gotten in contact like a few family members I didn't even know existed. My cousin pretty much planned our family reunion/trip through FB last year. Oh, and I love to unwind with the games. I could go one for ever. For me it's been a great resource.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:25 PM

8,711 posts, read 11,747,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caesarsgirl79 View Post
Oh, and I forgot this part of the question. I have family and friends literally all over the world due to military, work, school, personal reasons etc.

I get to look at almost daily pictures of my godchildren and watch them grow up. I love the discussions we havem like today I we were discussing the election tomorrow. Yesterday we were discussing hair care/styles. I get to see the point of views of not only my friends, but their friends. I have found people I lost contact with when I was a kid. I found one of my middle school best friends. I have gotten in contact like a few family members I didn't even know existed. My cousin pretty much planned our family reunion/trip through FB last year. Oh, and I love to unwind with the games. I could go one for ever. For me it's been a great resource.

Mark Zuckerberg is that you?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:25 PM

20,303 posts, read 37,259,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burgler09 View Post
Three of my buddies don't have facebooks. They are all in committed relationships though, but I don't think they'd have one either way. They just think they are dumb. They were cool guys in high school, they just called facebook stupid and never cared about it.

ok that video was hilarious

I would not care whatsoever if a girl didn't have a facebook. I don't know many guys who would care.. but maybe a girl or a girly-man might care?
While I have a Facebook page, I find it the most stupid thing ever. I only have it because it's the only way I can get in touch with my two daughters. Otherwise I would cancel it. It's quite hard for me to get over the stupid personal stuff people post for all their friends to see, from passing gas to telling others little things they do at work.

The video above is quite funny

Old 05-07-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
While I have a Facebook page, I find it the most stupid thing ever. I only have it because it's the only way I can get in touch with my two daughters. Otherwise I would cancel it. It's quite hard for me to get over the stupid personal stuff people post for all their friends to see, from passing gas to telling others little things they do at work.

The video above is quite funny
Really? You can't email them?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:28 PM

37,702 posts, read 46,130,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignutz View Post
So, long ago when myspace was the rage, I was a fairly popular dude with lots of friends and often used it to expand my real life social network, which included meeting women and getting dates. But I also experienced its capacity to cause relationship drama with the SO. Then I deleted my account and went cold on this type of social media for military security reasons since I was deployed for a couple of years. When I returned home, I got into a committed LTR and decided it was best to avoid facebook since I thought our relationship didn't need any fb drama or the temptations that comes with it.

Today, I ran across this youtube video and it made me curious how common it was for guys who don't have fb and what women think about dating those guys, any stereotypes?
I can't imagine worrying about whether or not someone has a FB account. It would never even cross my mind to ask. I do have one, and my BF has one, only because I had one - he wanted to see my pics so he had to create an account. I think he has 3 friends.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doll Eyes View Post
Mark Zuckerberg is that you?
Either that or an investor.

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM

766 posts, read 1,660,238 times
Quote:
Apparently so. So a person can only be 'interesting' and 'have a life' if he/she has a FB page. Guess I better get one since not having one means I am a loser.

Here's the thing. Not everyone has the need to put his/her life on display for the entire world to see. Some of us choose to save it for those who are worthy of it... in person.
Why do you act like FB isn't real life? It's not a reality show. There's aren't any Kardashian's floating around my FB page. I am the same on FB as I am off. Just like you share certain things with the world, how is FB any different. There is no one in my life I don't want there and my FB page is the same way.

The same people that fake or front in life off the computer do that same stuff in real life.

So, doing something you like is conforming? I like FB. I didn't have to join or join b/c anyone else was.

Why are you so worried about what other people think of you not having a FB page?

Old 05-07-2012, 07:30 PM

20,303 posts, read 37,259,238 times
Quote:
Really? You can't email them?
Yes, but they don't even check their mail anymore (too involved with Facebook, I guess)

To me Facebook is a place for lonely people who can't communicate face to face. It's impersonal like living a virtual reality, and childish, but a good place to find someone to cheat with or to lose one's job Not trying to offend anybody in here, but that's the way I see it.

Last edited by RayinAK; 05-07-2012 at 07:39 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.