Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 09:29 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
no friend its not about problem resolution, its not about most of time u can resolve w/o hitting, or manhood or womanhood, its not about shame
its about criminal behavior its about breaking the law, its about assaulting family members in the home. its about abuse.
What the hell do you think all this was about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
On the attacker's end: There is no excuse for hitting/slapping during a dispute, no matter who you are. You should be both ashamed and punished, and society and the law should see to it that you are. It doesn't matter if you managed to hurt someone to a degree you would consider "enough". I get a ticket for speeding whether I cause an accident or not. Your actions are enough to be judged upon.
I believe very firmly in punishing women same as men for domestic abuse. That's why I ended with "Your actions are enough to be judged upon", meaning it doesn't matter if abusive men generally do more harm to women than abusive women do to men. It's wrong and illegal either way, and should be punished either way. Savvy?

Old 03-20-2012, 09:41 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
If women want to call themselves equal to men, then they should expect to get hit by men if they hit first.

Violence against men is tolerated in western society.

NO ONE should be assaulted man or woman.

If we call both men and women equal, we need to protect everyone equally and that includes protection for men who are assaulted.

If you guys are ever hit by women, GET AWAY asap because the white knights and manginas will serve you on a platter.

Why do women deserve special treatment, they should be punished for assault just like men do.
I agree that no one should be assaulted. Which means that a woman who's hit a man should not expect to be hit back. Two wrongs don't make a right. If men want their rights to be taken seriously, then they need to stand up for themselves in a calm, legal manner. Physical violence should not be used against someone weaker than you, even if provoked, in a vindictive manner.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:44 AM

6,486 posts, read 6,388,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Frog View Post
(to West of Encino) And any man who strikes a woman, for any reason, is the scum of the earth.

And I will say this to you one last time, should you strike a woman, in any way, in front of me, you will not be standing.

There are other ways to defend yourself. I suggest you look into them or finding ways to avoid violence. Should you happen on a "white knight wannabe" or whatever you think I am, and you strike a woman, you might begin rethinking your whole "normal man" idea.
Question: Would you defend another man who was being beaten with the same ferocity? Figuring that in your mind, this hypothetical scenario involved a woman who was either incapable or disinclined to defend herself, what about a man who was just as incapable or disinclined?

If you wouldn't defend a man the same way you would a woman, you're not what a normal man should be either.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:54 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I agree that no one should be assaulted. Which means that a woman who's hit a man should not expect to be hit back. Two wrongs don't make a right. If men want their rights to be taken seriously, then they need to stand up for themselves in a calm, legal manner.
From what we see today, it seems like it is still a long way to go for men's rights to be considered as important as women's. Look at all the women/men justifying women's violence towards men. The media doesn't help either portraying such thing as something cute, funny, hilarious, brave, heroic, acceptable, normal, etc.

Quote:
Physical violence should not be used against someone weaker than you, even if provoked, in a vindictive manner.
Wrong. A woman (weaker) attacking a man (stronger) shouldn't be justified. Physical violence should not be used against ANYBODY regardless of who's weaker/stronger.

Old 03-20-2012, 09:58 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,389,499 times
Quote:
Wrong. A woman (weaker) attacking a man (stronger) shouldn't be justified. Physical violence should not be used against ANYBODY regardless of who's weaker/stronger.
It's not justified, and I never said it was. What I did say is that a strong man does not have the moral high ground to hit a woman who has hit him. Nor does an adult have the right to hit a child; nor a young person to an older person. The physically stronger person should not use violence against a weaker person in retaliation.

Old 03-20-2012, 10:21 AM

2,444 posts, read 3,583,980 times
Never by women I've been interested in.

Mom used to beat from I was 4 to 19, when I was a kid it was when I had done something "bad" like skipping school, but when I got in my teens she pretty much went at it as soon as I didn't agree with her...

She's not the smallest woman neither at 230 lbs and 6'1, not really that fat, and her ex husband had to call the cops on her after she beat him to the point where he was close to breaking his leg among other things and had to flee the house...

After 15 years I Couldn't take it anymore, so at 19 I had enough and finally beat back...she haven't dared touch me since. I'm still pondering whether to forgive her or not...

Old 03-20-2012, 10:30 AM

2,266 posts, read 3,715,978 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

I know a fair number of guys that are like that. From what I've seen, most of them date "tough" girls who think it's ok to hit someone for saying something bad about your hairstyle or makeup. While I don't condone hitting women by any means, I'm also a fan of self defense. I've never, EVER hit someone (man or woman) first, but you'd best believe I'm not going to stand there and "take it" either. I'm either going to walk away, or failing that, make sure I don't get hit again.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-20-2012 at 10:36 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 10:39 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,279,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's not justified, and I never said it was. What I did say is that a strong man does not have the moral high ground to hit a woman who has hit him. Nor does an adult have the right to hit a child; nor a young person to an older person. The physically stronger person should not use violence against a weaker person in retaliation.
Nobody has the moral ground to hit anybody, period. Should a small guy smack a tall built heavy football player in the face and go "Hey, you have no moral ground to hit me back"? Nope, that small guy shouldn't hit nobody. Respect shouldn't just be expected from men to women but also from women to men. Shouldn't be expected from strong to weak but also from weak to strong.

Mod cut: Gross generalization.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-20-2012 at 10:37 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 10:48 AM

1,904 posts, read 2,987,357 times
I have zero sympathy for savages who are victims of other savage-like acts. If a 4'10" woman hits a 6'5" man, and the man retaliates with a devastating blow, I wouldn't blink an eye. Intent is key here. Women might do less damage, but that doesn't change the fact that they had the same intent to harm.

On side a note, I'm particularly cautious of many of these savages masquerading as gentlemen. It's nothing short of selective psychopathy for one to base their decision to hit another on the grounds that they can or can not take it. See, if you can consciously refrain from ever hitting a woman, then you can consciously refrain from ever hitting ANYONE. At least, the equal opportunity savages aren't sexist.

Last edited by Raging-Hetero; 03-20-2012 at 11:01 AM..

Old 03-20-2012, 11:05 AM

3,440 posts, read 5,717,968 times
I am a 6 foot tall guy, if a smaller guy hit me, I'm going to clothesline him back to the stone ages.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships