Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 01:16 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,757,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReblTeen84 View Post
I know a fair number of guys that are like that. From what I've seen, most of them date "tough" girls who think it's ok to hit someone for saying something bad about your hairstyle or makeup. While I don't condone hitting women by any means, I'm also a fan of self defense. I've never, EVER hit someone (man or woman) first, but you'd best believe I'm not going to stand there and "take it" either. I'm either going to walk away, or failing that, make sure I don't get hit again.
There are plenty of way to subdue a person without inflicting any or very little damage guys. A Sharpie marker or Bic Pen can even be used on pressure points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I have zero sympathy for savages who are victims of other savage-like acts. If a 4'10" woman hits a 6'5" man, and the man retaliates with a devastating blow, I wouldn't blink an eye. Intent is key here. Women might do less damage, but that doesn't change the fact that they had the same intent to harm.

On side a note, I'm particularly cautious of many of these savages masquerading as gentlemen. It's nothing short of selective psychopathy for one to base their decision to hit another on the grounds that they can or can not take it. See, if you can consciously refrain from ever hitting a woman, then you can consciously refrain from ever hitting ANYONE. At least, the equal opportunity savages aren't sexist.
Nah, some people deserve it and need it. AKA self defense. That doesn't include women unless it's life or death. That means a deadly weapon in most cases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Jack22 View Post
I am a 6 foot tall guy, if a smaller guy hit me, I'm going to clothesline him back to the stone ages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
To harm or to control, yes. But you really don't know how well you put it when you said "Intent is key here". The person being hit may be hitting back in self-defense, but likely they're hitting back because they're angry at whoever just hit them. They want revenge, or "to teach them a lesson", something along those lines. Not the same as self-defense.

And so, yes, if you choose to hit back when you know you have otheroptions with which to defend yourself, I consider that wrong. Not that I haven't been guilty of it, but it isn't what I should've done.
They don't want plan (B). Trust me.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:52 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,253,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
It's not justified, and I never said it was. What I did say is that a strong man does not have the moral high ground to hit a woman who has hit him. Nor does an adult have the right to hit a child; nor a young person to an older person. The physically stronger person should not use violence against a weaker person in retaliation.
The weaker person shouldn't be hitting anyone to begin with.

Old 03-20-2012, 01:58 PM

6,548 posts, read 7,309,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro2113 View Post
The weaker person shouldn't be hitting anyone to begin with.
All these women who support and justify women violence towards men say that a man shouldn't hit back, should control himself, violence is not the way to go, a man should respect a woman, etc. Well, how about simply not having the woman hit a man at all to prevent any man from reacting with the same violence?

Old 03-20-2012, 01:59 PM

6,486 posts, read 6,418,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
They don't want plan (B). Trust me.
Sure they do. Trust me.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:06 PM

29,807 posts, read 34,675,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
All these women who support and justify women violence towards men say that a man shouldn't hit back, should control himself, violence is not the way to go, a man should respect a woman, etc. Well, how about simply not having the woman hit a man at all to prevent any man from reacting with the same violence?
Obviously that's the ideal situation, but in this hypothetical situation the woman has already hit the man. She's made a bad choice, but you can't put the genie back in the bottle. Of course she shouldn't have done it and it's not right, but at the same time it's not right for him to retaliate if he has the opportunity not to.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic 2.0 View Post
Sure they do. Trust me.
That involves loss of life. Theirs!! Fists and running usually work out better in their favor.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:09 PM

Worse thing is having all these women react violently to men and expect to not be hit back (playing gender cards) knowing the guy is helpless and can't do much. Calling the police puts him in risk of being taken away, thrown in jail, and putting a restraining order. His word vs her's, and we know which side the law favors specially in cases like these.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
Worse thing is having all these women react violently to men and expect to not be hit back (playing gender cards) knowing the guy is helpless and can't do much. Calling the police puts him in risk of being taken away, thrown in jail, and putting a restraining order. His word vs her's, and we know which side the law favors specially in cases like these.
Smart man. You finally got it. Either run or deflect the blows in a way to not inflict damage.

Old 03-20-2012, 02:35 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,086,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging-Hetero View Post
I have zero sympathy for savages who are victims of other savage-like acts. If a 4'10" woman hits a 6'5" man, and the man retaliates with a devastating blow, I wouldn't blink an eye. Intent is key here. Women might do less damage, but that doesn't change the fact that they had the same intent to harm.

On side a note, I'm particularly cautious of many of these savages masquerading as gentlemen. It's nothing short of selective psychopathy for one to base their decision to hit another on the grounds that they can or can not take it. See, if you can consciously refrain from ever hitting a woman, then you can consciously refrain from ever hitting ANYONE. At least, the equal opportunity savages aren't sexist.
Same here.

Old 03-20-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBBARK View Post
Smart man. You finally got it. Either run or deflect the blows in a way to not inflict damage.
If you are a smart woman, you are not going to raise your hand to a man and then play gender cards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships