Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:20 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,086,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by onihC View Post
If you are a smart woman, you are not going to raise your hand to a man and then play gender cards.
Mod cut: gross generalization. If those people don't want to get hit by men, then they should lay their hands of men in the first place.

But its sad the the system is feminized where white knights troll for the normal man, protecting those they put on the pedestal at all costs and letting them get away with whatever crimes they commit.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-20-2012 at 10:51 PM..

Old 03-20-2012, 06:54 PM

61,254 posts, read 87,741,987 times
This has got be the most heated thread on cdf very clear that women and men r not on same pg on domestic violence
This needs healing asap

Old 03-20-2012, 07:12 PM

7,954 posts, read 8,253,783 times
Man, PJ needs to lock this thread. It's getting out of hand.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:27 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,440,407 times
What does that story have to do with anything? I mean, good job and all, but that isn't really what's being discussed here.

The point is if someone hits another person, it is not unreasonable to expect to get hit back, even if you are a woman.

Would I hit a woman? No. But I don't think women should be hitting men either, although it seems to be considered acceptable by many.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 PM

18,665 posts, read 20,043,113 times
"The point is if someone hits another person, it is not unreasonable to expect to "

be charged with a crime, man or woman.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:41 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,757,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
"The point is if someone hits another person, it is not unreasonable to expect to "

That you are. Every single time I hit someone, it was in self defense. It was always a man as well. I didn't go whinning to the teacher to cry about it either. This was back in the day... no one cared short of you getting beaten to a pulp or A BLOODY MESS. Did you see something? Janitor..."Naw man, I didn't see anything"etc.. The point is if you are going to hit, it better be for a really good reason.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:44 PM

1,591 posts, read 3,440,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post

I'm not saying it's right, but if you hit someone you should be prepared for them to try to hit you back.

Old 03-20-2012, 07:46 PM

5,989 posts, read 10,519,153 times
Thankfully, I've never experienced this as part of any relationship. We've had a few accidents sparring, but that's normal as we do martial arts where it's expected that you try to hit or throw your attacker to the mat - but sometimes the timing is off! Ouch!

Old 03-20-2012, 07:47 PM

1,067 posts, read 1,757,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1208 View Post
I'm not saying it's right, but if you hit someone you should be prepared for them to try to hit you back.
You're darn right. Most the guys I know, including me would at least try to block it. We aren't going to let ANYONE hit us in the face.

Old 03-20-2012, 08:04 PM

1,639 posts, read 2,212,307 times
Mod cut: Orphaned.

I am a woman. And..i work in Law Enforcement..in the DOMESTIC VIOLENCE unit. Hand to GOD..I do.

There are women who absolutely, without a DOUBT, play their gender card. Violence in general is a serious thing. NO ONE..NO ONE.. has the right to put their hands on ANYONE! And using the "oh its okay if I do it because i'm a woman" is a bunch of BULL! The fact that women are the weaker sex does not give us the right to put our freaking hands on ANY body..man or woman.

It amazes me that people think this should just be overlooked because women are weaker. THATS not the issue. The issue is hitting someone is WRONG, and NOT the way to settle things. How do you raise your sons to understand that resorting to putting their hands on a woman is wrong, but a woman can smack and hit them all they want?? IT IS WRONG!! Period. I have a case now where a woman called her ex..and he didnt asnwer the phone. So, she called one of her girlfriends, got in the car, and WENT LOOKING for this guy. She stalked by this guys house until she found him. got out of the car screaming and yelling at him like a wild woman, and then starting hitting him and ripped a chain off his neck. Finally, he smacked her arse up. Now, shes in my office crying that she wants to press charges. Really? Look, he is wrong,he could have walked away. but what the heck do you think is going to happen when you do that?? That situation didnt have to happen. And that woman caused it. Why are people so afraid to say that??

A woman who is truly being beaten and controlled and abused by a man is a sad sight to see. The women out here who act like this woman did above make a joke out of domestic violence.

Is this what you want your children to see in a relationship..married or otherwise?? You want them to see hitting and violence like that in a relationship? You want them to learn its okay if a woman does the hitting? Then why tell 6 year old Suzy that its wrong to smack 6 yr old Bobby because he said something she didnt like?? When the school calls you and says your daughter kicked a boy in his nads because he called her a boobie-head or something...no worries. Hey..she's a female..let her smack the snot out of whoever she wants to..espescially if its a male..cause you know..boys are gonna be stronger. Look, people are going to get into fights. There is going to be violence. Its just gonna happen. But for God's sakes, dont act like its freaking OKAY just based on what SEX you are!

Last edited by PJSaturn; 03-20-2012 at 10:58 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships