Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2017, 05:54 AM

43,265 posts, read 77,043,330 times

Advertisements

And some folks wonder about the increasing homeschooling trends....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2017, 06:00 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,259,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
And some folks wonder about the increasing homeschooling trends....
But ALL wake county schools are good. It's a COUNTY based system, the hype for certain schools is just that.

/sarcasm

Old 01-04-2017, 06:06 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,918,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post

Let's get all the facts before ending someone's career.
Agree It does look excessive, but let's get the facts first.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:11 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
I wasn't there and a 3 second clip doesn't tell the whole story. It's really sad how people jump to conclusions when they don't have the facts.

Old 01-04-2017, 06:12 AM

4,596 posts, read 6,350,757 times
"but I'm reluctant to jump to a conclusion based on a snippet of video". .....Not sure what else short of her grabbing his weapon would justify that level of force by a school enforcement official. I don't care if that girl cold cocked him, there were other means at his disposal to de-escalate the situation. If he was unsure of how to properly handle the situation, he shouldn't be in that position of authority. He and his employer need to be sued into bankruptsy....send a message to all enforcement officials....actions like this will have extremely painful consequenses....maybe then activity like this might stop....IMO.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 01-04-2017, 06:15 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post

Mom is behaving like expected - her older daughter was in the fight, but no word of any accountability there.
Of course not; the apple didn't fall far, did it?

Old 01-04-2017, 06:50 AM

9,144 posts, read 14,753,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I just can't understand why these videos *never* show what happened in the moments before the incident.

That being said, I don't see how this could possibly be acceptable.
Maybe prior to the video she did something warranting some sort of punishment, but unless that thing was actively beating, stabbing, whatever someone that was causing imminent bodily harm to them and the officer was picking her up to stop that, I'd have a hard time believing what he did in the video was warranted. Even then it would be bornderline excessive as once he had picked her up, the risk was over and no need to slam her down like that.

Punshisment if she was in a fight, definitely warranted and deserved. Having someone in that situation that can easily lose control, not warranted.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:01 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,582,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherifftruman View Post
Maybe prior to the video she did something warranting some sort of punishment, but unless that thing was actively beating, stabbing, whatever someone that was causing imminent bodily harm to them and the officer was picking her up to stop that, I'd have a hard time believing what he did in the video was warranted. Even then it would be bornderline excessive as once he had picked her up, the risk was over and no need to slam her down like that.

Punshisment if she was in a fight, definitely warranted and deserved. Having someone in that situation that can easily lose control, not warranted.
Agreed

Old 01-04-2017, 07:06 AM

13,705 posts, read 12,413,557 times
Just in general, I don't like the idea of PO's in schools, even high schools.

I can understand it for a school for kids that have had to be removed from mainstream schools, but that's about it. I don't like the idea of criminalizing students for anything but the worst offenses. Kids get in shoving matches or fistfights in hs and it turns into a criminal offense.

Old 01-04-2017, 07:10 AM

22,665 posts, read 36,764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONOV View Post
Just in general, I don't like the idea of PO's in schools, even high schools.

I can understand it for a school for kids that have had to be removed from mainstream schools, but that's about it. I don't like the idea of criminalizing students for anything but the worst offenses. Kids get in shoving matches or fistfights in hs and it turns into a criminal offense.
That's because you only see the SROs when something like this happens. You don't see the at risk kids that they help out and befriend, the programs they run to help kids who are going down a wrong path, and the fact that maybe, just maybe, the presence of an SRO can stop mayhem before it's anything more than an idea.

And the people who cry the most about the police will GUARANTEED be the first ones begging for help when the chips are down.

PS Not believing for one hot second that this girl was trying to BREAK UP the fight but rather she was most likely HELPING her sister out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary