Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2011, 08:38 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,092,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
Hey fishermen and women:

We talked about having a little City Data fishing challenge. I'd like to know who thinks they would be available to launch their boat on Saturday, Oct. 29, weather permitting.

I am flying in the day before from New England but can do it. wpc asked if he can be the second angler on my boat and of course I said sure. We're not talking about anything big, with entry fees or prizes, we're just talking about good old fashion comradrie and competition. The top prize will be bragging rights as the City Data Charlotte Harbor champion! At least until we have the re-match, which Big House will demand the moment he loses the first event to Fox.

If we get at least 3 or 4 boats with 2 anglers on each it will be fun.
We can decide if we want to fish in shore or off (although off presents more of a weather/wave challenge for planning).

We can meet up somewhere on the water, coordinate a measure/weigh in time for later that day, and toast the winner with an adult beverage. What do you all say?

YEAH! I'm in, and my boat is in! I've arranged for good weather, so there are no excuses!! Ok, that makes 2 boats!

Now, I have to begin coaxing PCozad1, and Harbor Hopper to join us! Come 'on P tell 'em your off that day.

I suggest we meet at the dock at Fisherman's Village on the end of the pier near Smugglers Restaurant. That way there is plenty of parking, and it is easy to load and unload anyone who wants to join us. My boat holds 2 guys or 7 women!

I already want a rematch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2011, 09:14 AM

413 posts, read 828,749 times
Quote:
Hey fishermen and women:

We talked about having a little City Data fishing challenge. I'd like to know who thinks they would be available to launch their boat on Saturday, Oct. 29, weather permitting.

I am flying in the day before from New England but can do it. wpc asked if he can be the second angler on my boat and of course I said sure. We're not talking about anything big, with entry fees or prizes, we're just talking about good old fashion comradrie and competition. The top prize will be bragging rights as the City Data Charlotte Harbor champion! At least until we have the re-match, which Big House will demand the moment he loses the first event to Fox.

If we get at least 3 or 4 boats with 2 anglers on each it will be fun.
We can decide if we want to fish in shore or off (although off presents more of a weather/wave challenge for planning).

We can meet up somewhere on the water, coordinate a measure/weigh in time for later that day, and toast the winner with an adult beverage. What do you all say?
to quote Maxwell Smart "missed it by that much" we get to SRQ 7:10 PM 29th. Maybe another time.

Old 10-07-2011, 10:21 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,005,586 times
I think the 29th is the same day as SoFLGal's kayak trip, which the wife and I want to attend (the last one was fun!) If the kayak trip gets moved or cancelled, then count me in for fishing!

Old 10-07-2011, 11:13 AM

2,118 posts, read 3,779,323 times
Oh..I thought that was the 15th?
I don't want that kind of competition!
SoFL Gal is waaaaay too powerful for me to rub the wrong way.

(hmmm...silent thoughts)

Old 10-07-2011, 12:05 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,092,956 times
Quote:
Oh..I thought that was the 15th?
I don't want that kind of competition!
SoFL Gal is waaaaay too powerful for me to rub the wrong way.

(hmmm...silent thoughts)
Yeah! You need to fix this thing since you started it!

Old 10-07-2011, 01:03 PM

I will yield the calendar to the distinguished agent from North Port

Old 10-07-2011, 02:57 PM

Now we are voting on a date for the kayak trip. If it's the 22nd, then I'll be in for fishing the 29th! Who's boat can I go on? (or we can take mine but it's not exactly a fishin' boat)

Old 10-07-2011, 03:15 PM

7,511 posts, read 22,928,205 times
Oh I see, it's a conspiracy going on over on the fishing thread. Looks like it might be the 22nd. So you boys are good for the 15th, 29th or when ever else.

Old 10-07-2011, 07:24 PM

I think SoFLGal should come fishing with us!!!
I'm going out fishing for Reds with MA tomorrow, so hopefully we will have some good news to post.... We were going to go offshore for Grouper, but 6-8ft waves don't sound like a whole lotta fun

Old 10-07-2011, 07:34 PM

Yeah I might have to put HH on my boat's team after I show him my fishin' spots tomorrow.
This will be a good scouting trip for the City-Data Invitational, which is appearing to be set for Saturday, October 29. Clear your calendars...ready your ships, buy a boat, borrow a boat, beg for a boat (but to stealing allowed)...3 weeks til the Open.

Fox? Calling Mr. Fox?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte