Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2011, 05:42 PM

493 posts, read 1,386,672 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, we made it! We got in early last week, finally got the internet going today, looking forward to meeting you guys in person. Had a Yeungling with dinner, knew I needed to get on here and let you guys know we had arrived.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2011, 06:12 PM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxrivman1 View Post
Hey guys, we made it! We got in early last week, finally got the internet going today, looking forward to meeting you guys in person. Had a Yeungling with dinner, knew I needed to get on here and let you guys know we had arrived.
Well, you need to get a phone, and I hope you have a real fishing pole (not a pink one!), so you can show up and fish, and pay for all the beer your going to owe us! - Right MA! It really looks like its going to be a good week, maybe we can go out and hit a few spots before the tournament begins. But before we go, I need to know can you say, "Another beer for my friend."

Welcome Down! Its been a long journey!

Old 10-16-2011, 06:51 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
Welcome to Paradise, Fox!
You get a pass on your tardiness, since you are the official founder of this great thread.

I look forward to tipping a beer with you, very soon!

Old 10-16-2011, 07:58 PM

Default Beer tipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by messing about View Post
welcome to paradise, fox!
You get a pass on your tardiness, since you are the official founder of this great thread.

I look forward to tipping a beer with you, very soon!

done!!!:d

Old 10-16-2011, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Well, you need to get a phone, and I hope you have a real fishing pole (not a pink one!), so you can show up and fish, and pay for all the beer your going to owe us! - Right MA! It really looks like its going to be a good week, maybe we can go out and hit a few spots before the tournament begins. But before we go, I need to know can you say, "Another beer for my friend."

Welcome Down! Its been a long journey!
That is has, my friend, that it has!

Old 10-19-2011, 06:42 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
We are now about 10 days away from the proposed City-Data fishing showdown. I'd like to confirm both, who is in (weather permitting) and what sort of format we should follow.
Do we fish for the most, the longest or the biggest?
Do we count all, using photo evidence, or only count legal keepers?
Do we exclude cats since we all hate landing them?

I vote for combined weight, biggest legal keepers, subject to bag limits but excluding cats.
That way all boats can get to where there are fish to be caught. I think it would be most fun to have us all drifting in the Boca Grande Pass, where there are tons of fish and we can all motor over to see each others catches, if we choose. Of course, we wouldn't be limited to the Pass but it would be fun to be near each other.

So...who's in and how do you want to play?

Old 10-20-2011, 06:44 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,002,426 times
Count me in! My neighbor may also join in his Yellowfin. We'll see.

Old 10-20-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Messing About View Post
We are now about 10 days away from the proposed City-Data fishing showdown. I'd like to confirm both, who is in (weather permitting) and what sort of format we should follow.
Do we fish for the most, the longest or the biggest?
Do we count all, using photo evidence, or only count legal keepers?
Do we exclude cats since we all hate landing them?

I vote for combined weight, biggest legal keepers, subject to bag limits but excluding cats.
That way all boats can get to where there are fish to be caught. I think it would be most fun to have us all drifting in the Boca Grande Pass, where there are tons of fish and we can all motor over to see each others catches, if we choose. Of course, we wouldn't be limited to the Pass but it would be fun to be near each other.

So...who's in and how do you want to play?
I'm in (so that's three boats (HH's, Messing About's, and mine).
Boat Captains are in charge to make sure everything is safe on their boats! Everyone has to listen to them when it comes to rules on the water! **the only rule that will take precedence over all other rules!**

1. I agree we exclude cat fish.

2. I think we stay in the harbor. But, for this tournament, fishing Boca Grande Pass will be considered being in the Harbor, so long as you stay inside the first big red marker. So, fishing The Pass is acceptable.

3. The biggest fish of any species wins all, in season or not, keeper or not (Who ever wins this is to be declared the "The Tournament Winner".

4. Any one who catches the biggest fish of any other species is a winner too (you get the opportunity to buy dinner and beer for "The Tournament Winner", All other winners who catch any species (no matter what it is, except for a cat fish), in season or not, keeper or not, is a winner. That way everyone has a chance at winning. We want everyone to win so this makes it possible. So it is important to not get skunked.

5. We should keep in radio contact with the boats that are participating, and call in when a fish is caught. That way everyone can share the fun.

6. After the tournament (no running out), we will have dinner and drinks (at a place to be determined), and all the spouses who may not have participated in the tournament can join us all.

7. If you have a friend that wants to join us, that has a boat they are welcome. And, if you have a big money sponsor that wants to sponsor the tournament - they are very very welcome.

8. It will be a first come first serve (make your reservations and commitment to show up now - here on CD) if you are going to participate. I know there are a lot of regulars here that want to go fishing for a day.

9. We are meeting at Fisherman's Village, on October 29th, and leaving at 7:00 AM sharp. So be ready, bring your bait, favorite pole (or one will be provided), sunglasses, favorite hat, sun screen, favorite beverages (stay hydrated), lunch, and be ready for a fun day out on the water. In other words - fishing starts at 7:00AM so be there ready to go.

10. Rule 10 is to be determined, by me, when we are out on the water!

OK - let the registration begin!

Last edited by Big House; 10-20-2011 at 07:40 AM..

Old 10-20-2011, 08:55 AM

3,179 posts, read 6,002,426 times
If my neighbor doesn't end up going and I take my boat, then I need someone on board that knows how to fish the pass. I've only done it once with minimal luck. Anyone interested?

Old 10-20-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harbor Hopper View Post
If my neighbor doesn't end up going and I take my boat, then I need someone on board that knows how to fish the pass. I've only done it once with minimal luck. Anyone interested?
That sounds like your setting up some lame excuse!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte