Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-12-2011, 06:41 AM

6,103 posts, read 15,088,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cofedav View Post
yea i am still looking but cant do anything until they decide which way they are going to go with my knee think they will just settle and i will go on retirement. fishing sounds like it was good yea being able to do the shark scoot and boogie dance is a good thing to know lol dave

Let a shark loose on board, while you are in your flip flops, and you will learn to dance in ways you never thought of. And your knee won't hurt a bit either. Good Luck with that knee. I have a friend that had his done, and he said it feels good as new after the rehab. And another friend had both hips done, and he snow skis now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2011, 09:14 AM

413 posts, read 828,343 times
SoFLGal,
Nice pics what camera did you use? I like how it captured the skimming. No blur!

Old 05-12-2011, 09:18 AM

7,511 posts, read 22,922,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty Dave View Post
SoFLGal,
Nice pics what camera did you use? I like how it captured the skimming. No blur!
I have a little Sony Cybershot. I take it with me every where. It does take pretty good action shots

Old 05-12-2011, 12:26 PM

3,409 posts, read 4,888,406 times
Looks like a great day on the beach SoFL! I saw that picture on facebook, but without your explanation like here, I figured it was photoshopped!! I've been looking at airfares for this fall/winter sometime, sure hope we can come down sometime soon. After all, BH and Pat need a pole judger!!

Old 05-13-2011, 07:39 PM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.cool View Post
Looks like a great day on the beach SoFL! I saw that picture on facebook, but without your explanation like here, I figured it was photoshopped!! I've been looking at airfares for this fall/winter sometime, sure hope we can come down sometime soon. After all, BH and Pat need a pole judger!!

Are you volunteering ?

Old 05-14-2011, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
Are you volunteering ?
Hey P, you gonna be around next month?

Old 05-14-2011, 08:47 AM

463 posts, read 866,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big House View Post
Hey P, you gonna be around next month?
My mother in law is on her death bed so everything is on hold right now.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcozad1 View Post
My mother in law is on her death bed so everything is on hold right now.
I'm so sorry to hear that! I'm sure you and your wife are completely obsorbed in dealing with that difficulty! I'll say a prayer.

Old 05-14-2011, 07:31 PM

2,118 posts, read 3,776,884 times
After several months of owning my new used boat I finally got around to purchasing a new stainless prop. With much research help from our friend Fox, I settled on a 4 blade Yamaha, 13.75 dia x 18 pitch.

Fox instructed me how to conduct a performance test at wide open throddle and compare the results to a Yamaha performance bulletin for my KW 196BR. I found I was within 300 RPM of the max attained in the factory test. By dropping 1 in pitch I hope to achieve those extra 300 and get the instant hole shot I need with all the weight I carry. I have 3 group 27 batteries running my giant trolling motor, 1 group 24 battery for cranking, a tee top and often times have a buddy aboard. I may lose a little top end speed but might also get improved MPG.

Again, on Fox's advice I found a demo prop from my local Yahama dealer. Used once, priced nearly 50% off retail. I came home to put it on and discovered the old aluminum one one there was in way worse shape than I even knew of. Really beat to hell.

I went to put the new one on but couldn't get the spacer off of the old prop. It seems to be built in. The old prop has no brand name but I researched the numbers on it and think it's an old Merc. By the time I figured out I needed the spacer, the dealer was closed until Monday. Grrrrrrr. Note to self - next time take the $56 install kit just in case you need it. You can always return it unopened.

Now I'm grounded until Monday but very excited to put this sexy 4 blade polished steel screw in place. Thanks again, Fox. I can't wait to share the new numbers with you and everyone else.

Old 05-15-2011, 09:39 PM

493 posts, read 1,386,672 times
Default 4 Blade Prop

MA, glad to help, hope you like the 4 blade, your going to notice a slightly different sound than you are used to hearing in back of you. Kind of cool actually, and as I remember you had a 3 blade Aluminum prop right? Going from Aluminum to SS and a 4 blade you will see what I mean. Either way it is always fun to see the difference a SS prop has over an Aluminum. With no flex, SS can make a difference even with no pitch change. Typically SS props are performance driven designs, with more cup and rake. Let me know how it turns out.

Where did you wind up getting the prop I'm curious to know?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte