Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2014, 06:57 PM

1,917 posts, read 2,631,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyChief View Post
Thanks!..whats your thoughts on this item..can I get this data for free somewhere you think?

www.reefsnwrecks.com
There is lots of info here http://fishinfranks.com/Reefs.htm and here http://fishinfranks.com/where_to.htm
In addition they probably sell charts at the store specifically geared to fishing.

Gary
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2014, 05:53 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,945,353 times
There not free, but WaterProofCharts has charts both of Charlotte harbor and off shore with GPS coordinates of different reefs. They have not only navigation charts but fishing and boating ones as well.

Old 01-20-2014, 07:29 AM

697 posts, read 1,169,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
There not free, but WaterProofCharts has charts both of Charlotte harbor and off shore with GPS coordinates of different reefs. They have not only navigation charts but fishing and boating ones as well.
Thanks Mike, I'll see if Frank's has them...looks like I'm gonna need fishin stuff (I have ZERO)

Old 01-20-2014, 08:36 AM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times
Cra k talked a out the chart 1f on one of his shows
I o ly found it at walmart

Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
Cra k talked a out the chart 1f on one of his shows
I o ly found it at walmart
I have yet to listen to one of Frank's shows. Do you have to catch them live or are there links to archived shows?
If you can't find the chart at Walmart, I would guess that Waterproof Charts, located on Rt. 41 in PG would have them there. I wonder if there is any price difference between the two?

Old 01-20-2014, 02:14 PM

2,837 posts, read 2,695,477 times
Quote:
I have yet to listen to one of Frank's shows. Do you have to catch them live or are there links to archived shows?
If you can't find the chart at Walmart, I would guess that Waterproof Charts, located on Rt. 41 in PG would have them there. I wonder if there is any price difference between the two?
What I found way back when I was using them was that the Water Proof Chart factory did not sell them cheaper but they did have more of a selection. They always had the newest charts in stock. Easy parking and worth checking out.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:04 PM

1,438 posts, read 1,964,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
What I found way back when I was using them was that the Water Proof Chart factory did not sell them cheaper but they did have more of a selection. They always had the newest charts in stock. Easy parking and worth checking out.
Very nice people at Waterproof Charts, happy to answer questions. Besides, it's pretty cool to hang out at World Headquarters of a company known to so many East Coast boaters....not too many "World Headquarters" in Charlotte County, unless you count BH's house, World Headquarters of the Yuengling Fan Club.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:19 PM

1,721 posts, read 2,786,584 times
Quote:
sorry I was on my I phone and I have fat fingers
franks shows are all heard here

http://fishinfranks.com/radio_fishin.htm

Old 01-21-2014, 04:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM8560 View Post
sorry I was on my I phone and I have fat fingers
franks shows are all heard here

http://fishinfranks.com/radio_fishin.htm
No problem...I've gotten pretty good at deciphering fat-finger font on posts.

Thanks for the link.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:06 PM

Gettin' ready to make the boat purchase and doing some research on GPS/Fish Finders and transducers for a 20-24' CC. Figure most of my fishing will be done in Charlotte Harbor with (maybe) a rare trip out on the Gulf. That being said, does anyone have any recommendations for electronics? I'm looking at a Garmin (which I've had before and really liked) echoMAP 70 Chartplotter/FF but wondering if something that has side scan sonar would be better because of the shallow waters of the harbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte