Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2023, 12:32 PM

2,045 posts, read 782,588 times

Advertisements

I ran out of Saran Cling Plus Wrap while wrapping the bagels. I never run out of anything ... until today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2023, 08:56 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
I have a whole bunch of boxes ready to be put into the recycling bin, but I'll have to wait until the cat sleeping in our back yard wakes up. I thought she was going to leave, but she got up, stretched, then went back to sleep.

Old 08-07-2023, 07:52 PM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
I have no idea what you're talking about, Sand&Salt, but I sympathize, I sympathize!

I ordered a (for me) somewhat pricey item to be shipped. I could either pay full price for the shipping or buy a somewhat overpriced item and get free shipping. It seemed worthwhile to order the item. I found something that I thought I would like. It was basically (again, overpriced) Nutella. It arrived and turned out to taste stale, flat, and almost offensive to the palate. I should have just paid full shipping and bought Nutella at the grocery store.

Better yet, send the Nutella back to Amazon. Should not accept inferior products just because it's online, especially since it's online. You should still have time, I think they received them back up to a month? Maybe it's been longer than that? I know that returning things is a hassle, so I understand if that doesn't happen.

I want to buy toilet paper online so that I don't have to carry it home from the grocery store. But but but! But the comparison was hard to make because it said one pack of 36 when the package clearly showed 18 rolls instead. I called Amazon and they told me they would escalate it to their manager- I said don't bother.

I don't want to buy it when I don't know how to compare the price when I don't know how many rolls and how many feet are in those rolls! Sigh... isn't online shopping grand?

Old 08-08-2023, 11:14 AM

326 posts, read 200,242 times
[quote=

I want to buy toilet paper online so that I don't have to carry it home from the grocery store. But but but! But the comparison was hard to make because it said one pack of 36 when the package clearly showed 18 rolls instead. I called Amazon and they told me they would escalate it to their manager- I said don't bother.

I don't want to buy it when I don't know how to compare the price when I don't know how many rolls and how many feet are in those rolls! Sigh... isn't online shopping grand?[/QUOTE]

My favorite is when the package says six rolls is equal to 12 rolls, but there are only four rolls in the package.
What kind of BS is that?
Buying TP is the bane of my existence due to the impossibility of comparison to shopping
I’ll rack my brain for hours and then just say screw it and buy whatever

Old 08-10-2023, 11:51 AM

3,948 posts, read 2,571,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
My favorite is when the package says six rolls is equal to 12 rolls, but there are only four rolls in the package.
What kind of BS is that?
Buying TP is the bane of my existence due to the impossibility of comparison to shopping
I know that feeling of buying whatever! But I have no life and I can spend as much time on studying this subject as I wish. LoL

The best way I have to compare is by square feet. Per sheet doesn't work when the sheets might be different sizes than the next one. But the toilet paper online often does not give the square feet! So I have eliminated online

At my warehouse grocery store I found a Charmin jumbo 6 rolls and the cost was like 02 cents per square feet- twice as much as 0.01 of a cheap brand. But I felt good that I had a good price and toilet paper I liked. So what do they do? After I came out of my surgery, I went back to my grocery store and found this toilet paper still. But after a short while couple months, it was gone. Instead of raising the price, they just eliminated that kind from Charmin. Oh well that's the breaks, I'm back to the start again. I just now found a Charmin for 699 and it makes it in range but still.

Old 08-10-2023, 12:54 PM

8,755 posts, read 5,042,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago2vegas View Post
What kind of BS is that?
I feel your pain LOL. DH and I spend so much time at the store reading the lables onTP.....one ply or two, how many sq ft, how many rolls.....it is mind boggleing.

Old 08-15-2023, 04:21 PM

1,400 posts, read 763,910 times
Yes, life is too short to be agonizing over toilet paper. They TRY to confuse us, and it's working. I bought two pounds of coffee at a discounted price only to get home and find out it's "Bright and Fruity". I hate it! I like my coffee rich, smooth and satisfying (as the commercial says). NOW what am I supposed to do? I fear this is a glimpse into my romantic future and weep.

Old 08-16-2023, 09:26 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
I looked at pictures of something I thought I was ready to look at. I think there should be a warning, "are you SURE you want to look at these images?" Y or N It involves feet, which I already think are gross.

Old 08-17-2023, 11:15 AM

19,387 posts, read 15,224,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
I looked at pictures of something I thought I was ready to look at. I think there should be a warning, "are you SURE you want to look at these images?" Y or N It involves feet, which I already think are gross.
Lol!!

Old 08-18-2023, 06:45 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,146,203 times
Bittersweet first world problem- I have to clean out my vehicle to get it ready to be sold.

Ughhhh I dread this. It's still my most prized possession. Thanks to the march of time, there won't be as many vehicles like it made in the future.

I KNOWWW someday soon I'll have a nicer vehicle but I loved loved loved this one.

Sigh..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology