Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2017, 07:21 PM

5,451 posts, read 4,053,058 times

Advertisements

My husband getting cancer was also the impetus for us selling the house and getting rid of everything. I realized then that all I really wanted was him. None of the "stuff" that I had thought was so important, meant anything to me anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2017, 08:27 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonchalance View Post
Coulda sent it to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTsnowbird View Post
me too, used to eat mayo sandwiches when I was little.
Good thing we aren't 'friends' or I'd have to 'unfriend' y'all. Just kidding. We can be friends, as long as you don't get your icky mayo anywhere near my food.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:10 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
I have misplaced one of my good bedroom slippers, so am having to wear my old ones. There's a hole in the toe of the left one, so my foot will get cold.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I have this small, gray love seat that I need to move out of the way so we can fit a Christmas tree in our living room. I have nowhere to put the sucker, so I guess we'll have to haul it to the storage unit. My husband asked me last night, "Should we put it in storage unit #1 or #2?" We have two stupid storage units to hold all our overflow stuff. And a basement, a garage, an attic, AND my parents are storing some of our stuff for us in their garage. It very well might be time to pare down.
But you've done a good deed, though no doubt without realizing it: you've made me feel better about all my own stuff.

I just have a filled basement plus two walk-in closets, plus a garage filled with so much stuff that my car can't fit in. No storage units or attic or stuff stored off-site, though.

See?? I'm not so bad, after all!

So thank you!

Old 11-20-2017, 11:14 AM

Quote:
My neighbor is outside my living room window, raking leaves. But he's not just quietly raking them. He's swearing loudly while doing it. Doesn't he realize how lucky we are to have so many beautiful autumn leaves when people in the desert have so few leaves?!
My neighbor swears all the time. It's a lot of fun. Really makes life enjoyable. I really like living so close to other human beings. It's totally natural and awesome to have some strange, swearing weirdo right outside my window.
This would be a good opportunity to play Vivaldi's "The Four Seasons" - and open your window, so your profane neighbor gets the full effect.

You could play Perry Como singing "Autumn Leaves" for an encore.

Old 11-20-2017, 11:24 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
But you've done a good deed, though no doubt unwittingly: you've made me feel better about all my own stuff.

I just have a filled basement plus two walk-in closets, plus a garage filled with so much stuff that my car can't fit in. No storage units or attic or stuff stored off-site, though.

See?? I'm not so bad, after all!

So thank you!
I'm a philanthropist! I'm a philanthropist! (I scream this in the faces of people I meet.)

I may have made it sound more dire than it is... not to make you feel worse about your own stuff by any means! But one storage unit is filled with snow removal equipment and lawn mower, etc. because the place we're renting has a very small garage, so we had to make up for it by renting a storage unit. I told my husband we could eliminate the snow and grass removal implements by getting a goat and a flame thrower. He's still thinking it over.

Our garage is so small that our vehicles can't fit in it. I found that out the hard way, actually. I dun screwed up, I did! We don't have ANY closets in this house. It's the weirdest thing. It's a 1926 Craftsman and I don't know if they removed the closets or used armoires or what. But, no closets. The kitchen is ridiculous, too. (I realize how First World Problems it is!)

Old 11-22-2017, 01:11 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,391,518 times
Had to pick up sticks and mulch the leaves. :-|

(Enjoyed being outdoors though, the yard does look better and these chores are a sign I have a house to live in. )

Happy Thanksgiving, First Worlders!

Old 11-22-2017, 01:22 PM

4,188 posts, read 3,401,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
Had to pick up sticks and mulch the leaves. :-|

(Enjoyed being outdoors though, the yard does look better and these chores are a sign I have a house to live in. )

Happy Thanksgiving, First Worlders!

You, too!

I also picked up sticks the other day. Then I probably ate something with mayo.

Old 11-22-2017, 01:51 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,788,219 times
I was chopping garlic and now my hands smell like garlic. I wiped my garlic-covered hands on my last clean white T shirt because I'm a goober, so my shirt also smells like garlic. I ate some guacamole with garlic in it and my breath smells like garlic. Who wants a big First World Garlicky Smooch?!
Now I suppose I have to do laundry otherwise all my other dirty clothing will also smell like garlic.
*bonks forehead* Ya rilly dun it this time, Garlic fer Brainz!

Old 11-23-2017, 03:45 PM

19,429 posts, read 15,244,219 times
Quote:
I was chopping garlic and now my hands smell like garlic. I wiped my garlic-covered hands on my last clean white T shirt because I'm a goober, so my shirt also smells like garlic. I ate some guacamole with garlic in it and my breath smells like garlic. Who wants a big First World Garlicky Smooch?!
Now I suppose I have to do laundry otherwise all my other dirty clothing will also smell like garlic.
*bonks forehead* Ya rilly dun it this time, Garlic fer Brainz!
I'm not quite understanding the problem.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology