Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2017, 11:51 AM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times

Advertisements

My neighbor is outside my living room window, raking leaves. But he's not just quietly raking them. He's swearing loudly while doing it. Doesn't he realize how lucky we are to have so many beautiful autumn leaves when people in the desert have so few leaves?!
My neighbor swears all the time. It's a lot of fun. Really makes life enjoyable. I really like living so close to other human beings. It's totally natural and awesome to have some strange, swearing weirdo right outside my window.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2017, 10:19 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,184,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonic_Spork View Post
Yeah...

On that note.

My boyfriend and I were going out to dinner. I was wearing what I wore to work...a nice-ish top I suppose, but my pants were my olive green cargo pocket pants with decorative metal zippers and rings on them. I dig 'em, they're weird, but they look VERY casual. He says, "Are you wearing what you want to be wearing?"

At first I say, "sure." I guess he is asking if I need time before we leave, to go change. Then I start overthinking this, worrying that he doesn't want to be seen with someone dressed down relative to his more formal looking button-down shirt (he's older though and he always wears those.) Crud, now I HAVE to go change. I decide on a skirt. The shirt is fine with this skirt. Change from pants to skirt. But now my socks don't work with this, nor do my shoes. And I need jewelry. Every single thing I change, sets off a cascade of other things that also have to change.

And all this is before I even begin to consider the temperature outside and whether I'm going to get cold.

He has no idea how difficult it is to be a woman with a closet full of clothing. Seriously.
Yes! Change one thing then have to have change three others.

DH to me: want to eat lunch at Panera?
Me: I don't know. I'll have to put makeup on and do something with my hair. No.

Or, I decide to wear pants x and top y. I plan out my shoes and socks. Wait! Top y is in the dirty clothes hamper. OK I'll wear pants x and top z. Wait! Top z doesn't work with pants x. So, now I am looking for pants a. And I need to change my socks and shoes. I hate this!

Old 11-16-2017, 10:12 AM

289 posts, read 450,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I'm cracking up BOTH with your post, and your name.

;D
Grateful Dead tune. Check it out. Super pretty!

Old 11-16-2017, 07:01 PM

35,090 posts, read 17,051,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box*of*rain View Post
Grateful Dead tune. Check it out. Super pretty!
Birds are winging no rain is falling from a heavy sky. But really, what do you want me to do, do for you to see you through.

Old 11-16-2017, 07:27 PM

2,186 posts, read 2,324,301 times
I was in a discount store and my cart was about 1/3 full. There were very few customers in any checkout line. I unloaded all of my items onto the belt, and when I was done the cashier glares at me and says, "Ma'am this line is 10 items or less." I said, "I didn't realize that" as I searched for the sign. I said, "Well it would have been nice if you had told me that instead of staring at me unload my cart." She just shrugged her shoulders. *crickets*

There were no other customers waiting and I had to load the items back in my cart and go to the next line and unload them all onto the belt again... ALL BY MYSELF!!!

Old 11-17-2017, 08:09 AM

22 posts, read 14,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by winterbird View Post
I was in a discount store and my cart was about 1/3 full. There were very few customers in any checkout line. I unloaded all of my items onto the belt, and when I was done the cashier glares at me and says, "Ma'am this line is 10 items or less." I said, "I didn't realize that" as I searched for the sign. I said, "Well it would have been nice if you had told me that instead of staring at me unload my cart." She just shrugged her shoulders. *crickets*

There were no other customers waiting and I had to load the items back in my cart and go to the next line and unload them all onto the belt again... ALL BY MYSELF!!!
I think I would've left the food on the belt and walked out of the store!

Old 11-18-2017, 05:58 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,411,363 times
^^ Good idea.

Went out for lunch and forgot to tell them no mayo on my sandwich. Dang mayo. Why do so many places prepare sandwiches as if everyone likes gobs of disgusting white ick smeared on their food?

Old 11-18-2017, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleachedrukia View Post
I think I would've left the food on the belt and walked out of the store!
Me too.

Old 11-18-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
^^ Good idea.

Went out for lunch and forgot to tell them no mayo on my sandwich. Dang mayo. Why do so many places prepare sandwiches as if everyone likes gobs of disgusting white ick smeared on their food?
I don't know, but overdoing the mayo is very common. When I get a burger at Red Robin, I have to remember to say, no mayo, no ketchup, no sweet pickles. I hate a sweet a burger! Why can't they read my mind?

Old 11-18-2017, 06:25 PM

I bought a turkey today. Honestly, I am 71. When do I get to stop cooking Thanksgiving dinner? I love seeing my family, but the cooking is a drag.

I have outsourced a pie and bread. But, the rest is up to me and one of my adult kids.

To all of you who cannot be with your family, I apologize. My gripe probably seems pretty frivolous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology