Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 09:26 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,874,824 times

Advertisements

I can't be bothered figuring out how to get the AM stations off the "programmed" channel lineup on Sirius in my car.
But it bugs me that I have to push the button thingy on the steering wheel a few extra times to skip over the am rubbish. Not sure where the AM stuff came from, but I honestly thought that AM no longer existed and figured it wouldn't be a problem having them there. But when I scroll over them, I'm pretty sure the man talking is calling in on a satellite phone from Mars or some distance place. It's a really annoying sound. But I can't help trying to figure out what he's saying. Aargh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 09:35 PM

2,953 posts, read 2,902,659 times
Ever poop a "clogger"?

*without paper*

Water starts rising and your like...again

Old 10-28-2017, 07:54 AM

4,721 posts, read 5,315,455 times
It hurts my finger to like anything on FB.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:15 PM

482 posts, read 399,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vectoris View Post
Only one problem -- I have to part with my lovely old fax machine. No phone jack, no worky. I sent on average, about 5 faxes over the last 5 years, and received none.... so I think it won't be too much of a loss.

It's just a tad sad.

(But the real question is, why oh why is fax technology still even being used?? Some places insist on it instead of email!)
This is one of life's great philosophical questions. Every day I say a silent prayer for the death of the fax.

Because c'mon, those things are just sooo pre-historic. So every time I get a new job or something, the fax training is the hardest part of the adjustment. I pretty much only ever send faxes accidentally (as in, "oops, I probably shouldn't have pressed that button").

I guess I'll forever regret not signing up for that Fax 101 course in college ...

Old 10-28-2017, 01:23 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
My smartphone updated itself (w/o my permission, I might add) and now all the sounds are different and I have no idea if I am getting a text or a fb message or WHAT.

Mine has been reminding me daily that I need to update but I don't wanna. It's going to have some new stuff on it, I just know it and I don't want to have to deal with that right now.

Old 10-28-2017, 01:26 PM

15,220 posts, read 10,327,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
LOL I can totally relate.

You know what they told me? They told me that it was a random screening. Well, the last three times I've flown I've been chosen for "random screening." I will be flying again in a few days and I can't wait to see if I'm randomly chosen again.

Good lord.
That is so stupid. They don't want to appear biased or prejudiced so Muhammad El Furuq with his beard and robe won't get screened but an old lady (not you Kathyrn) with white hair in a bun will get pulled out of line for a random screening. It's just more political garbage run amuck.

Old 10-28-2017, 02:14 PM

6,005 posts, read 4,791,139 times
I dropped a plate full of food on the floor today. It could have fallen on the wood floor if I had been able to drop it 2 inches to the right. But instead I dropped it on my nice rug. I totally quoted Keanu Reeves' character from the movie Parenthood... "Damn, that looked GOOD, too."

Old 10-28-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
My smartphone updated itself (w/o my permission, I might add) and now all the sounds are different and I have no idea if I am getting a text or a fb message or WHAT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiluvr1228 View Post
Mine has been reminding me daily that I need to update but I don't wanna. It's going to have some new stuff on it, I just know it and I don't want to have to deal with that right now.
I tried shutting off the updates on my phone, but they didn't go away. They just kind of hibernated instead. Now nothing happens during the day, but my phone apparently does some really intense churning overnight, because I always wake up with notices that say something like, "78 applications updated".

Whoa.

I didn't download 78 applications.

I can't even name 78 applications.

My phone apparently has a secret intense relationship with the digital ether, and I'm the odd man out ...

Old 10-28-2017, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I dropped a plate full of food on the floor today. It could have fallen on the wood floor if I had been able to drop it 2 inches to the right. But instead I dropped it on my nice rug. I totally quoted Keanu Reeves' character from the movie Parenthood... "Damn, that looked GOOD, too."
I was that disgusting kid that would lay down on the rug with a knife and fork and try to surgically extract the food from the carpet, to dump it straight into my big mouth.

And uh, would it be weird if I haven't changed all that much?

Old 10-28-2017, 02:56 PM

1,376 posts, read 2,167,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasgoldrush View Post
This is one of life's great philosophical questions. Every day I say a silent prayer for the death of the fax.

Because c'mon, those things are just sooo pre-historic. So every time I get a new job or something, the fax training is the hardest part of the adjustment. I pretty much only ever send faxes accidentally (as in, "oops, I probably shouldn't have pressed that button").

I guess I'll forever regret not signing up for that Fax 101 course in college ...
You're not kidding. I remember seeing this huge telecopier machine in our newsroom at my first job. Then a year later came a fax machine and yes it was pretty amazing technology. It must have been the late 70s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology