Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2022, 07:08 AM

1,400 posts, read 763,910 times

Advertisements

A piece of garlic skin fell between the stove and the counter and I can't get it out. The phone is beeping at me because it wants to be charged. The coffee is great today and I don't know why. The last light bulb in the fridge went out. A new bulb costs five dollars and this seems wrong. I took fifteen years to get the cover off the bulbs in the refrigerator but I finally did it My feet are cold. The stray cat has not showed up for breakfast and I KNOW it's not until I have MY breakfast that she will come and my breakfast will get cold which will match my cold feet and nobody cares
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2022, 08:53 PM

12,015 posts, read 11,287,222 times
Note to self: When making the really easy and wonderful Keto cheese crisps in the microwave, do NOT mistake wax paper for parchment paper. Seriously.

Oh, and do not do it TWICE. Yep.

Last edited by Katsmeeyow; 09-07-2022 at 08:55 PM.. Reason: Because I am apparently not all here!

Old 09-08-2022, 10:10 AM

I have a steak-knife that couldn't cut through a peeled tangerine...

Old 09-08-2022, 11:38 PM

4,633 posts, read 3,462,110 times
Stop playing with me.

Edited to add: last year I saw two women not of my racial group. The opposite of it, actually. One powerful--one whose power is unknown to me. Both currently living. One of the parties known to me--one not. I saw their pictures. Don't remember much else...and even if I did, I wouldn't share. All I know is: I wouldn't be interested in encountering either of them at this point. I don't know who they really are & I'm not sure I want to. Trying to keep it neutral as best I can. That said...

Leave me alone (if it don't apply, let it fly).

Last edited by treemoni; 09-09-2022 at 12:06 AM..

Old 09-09-2022, 07:45 AM

I bought a pineapple. Concerned about possible fruit-flies, I washed it, let it dry and then put it in a big bowl and covered it with plastic wrap in case there was ONE fruit fly in the house eyeing it. So I got up this morning and there's a Fruit-Fly Festival in there! If I take the saran wrap off, the fruit-flies will go flying all over my house. If I leave the saran wrap on, I can never eat my pineapple. I could put the bowl with the pineapple in the shower with me and take the plastic wrap off there, but what if I die and they find my body in the shower with a bowl, a pineapple and saran wrap What if it's mentioned in the newspaper

Old 09-09-2022, 10:57 AM

12,015 posts, read 11,287,222 times
I don't want pineapple any longer.

Old 09-09-2022, 11:55 AM

2,891 posts, read 989,003 times
I just dropped a whole bag of onions into my dishwater. They fell out of the red mesh bag, bounced off the counter, straight into a sink full of water and dirty dishes.

It sounds like a bit of a euphemism: I really dropped some onions in the dishwater this time!

Old 09-09-2022, 08:46 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snerk View Post
I just dropped a whole bag of onions into my dishwater. They fell out of the red mesh bag, bounced off the counter, straight into a sink full of water and dirty dishes.

It sounds like a bit of a euphemism: I really dropped some onions in the dishwater this time!
They're begging to be washed?

Old 09-10-2022, 07:27 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
I want to take a shower but I will become wet and my new towels are not absorbent. Must I rewash and dry the towels BEFORE the shower? Must I suffer using towels that absorb as much water as plastic wrap as I regret throwing out the ancient towels
Are you using fabric softener when you wash these towels? I recently discovered that towels will be less absorbent if you use it.

Old 09-10-2022, 07:30 AM

15,219 posts, read 10,299,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
I bought a pineapple. Concerned about possible fruit-flies, I washed it, let it dry and then put it in a big bowl and covered it with plastic wrap in case there was ONE fruit fly in the house eyeing it. So I got up this morning and there's a Fruit-Fly Festival in there! If I take the saran wrap off, the fruit-flies will go flying all over my house. If I leave the saran wrap on, I can never eat my pineapple. I could put the bowl with the pineapple in the shower with me and take the plastic wrap off there, but what if I die and they find my body in the shower with a bowl, a pineapple and saran wrap What if it's mentioned in the newspaper

Thanks for my morning visual and chuckle Nancy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology