Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2022, 11:13 AM

1,400 posts, read 763,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
I had two crunchy tacos for lunch when I wanted soft tacos.
I had NO TACO SHELLS and wanted Crunchy ones!

The milk AND the half & half went bad on the SAME DAY, so I had to use powdered Goat Milk in my coffee!!! After that, it was all downhill...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2022, 11:37 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I paid $1.98 a pound for beautiful peaches yesterday and had some in a fruit salad. The ruined the salad tasting like cornmeal. Beauty can be so deceiving..

Old 08-17-2022, 11:56 AM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsmeeyow View Post
Is Pina going to turn into a vampire or a zombie - inquiring minds want to know!
I have what's called "non anemic iron deficiency". My ferritin level is very low, while everything else is normal. So I think I'm more likely to turn into a zombie than a vampire.

My FWP. I opened a jar of salsa because I'd used up the other one. So imagine my surprise when I opened the refrigerator to put the jar away when I saw a recently opened jar. Oh, that's right. I opened a new jar two days earlier. Now I'm going to put that S on everything.

Old 08-17-2022, 03:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Yesterday was Taco Tuesday here too so I stopped and got three what I like to call "White Trash tacos" at Dairy Queen. They were good enough but though I was charged for sour cream, I did not receive any.

Old 08-17-2022, 04:15 PM

613 posts, read 1,016,542 times
Speaking of white trash, have you had Taco Bell's DLTs made with giant Dorito shells? OMG

Old 08-17-2022, 11:37 PM
bjh

60,055 posts, read 30,368,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinaCarlotta View Post
. . . My FWP. I opened a jar of salsa because I'd used up the other one. So imagine my surprise when I opened the refrigerator to put the jar away when I saw a recently opened jar. Oh, that's right. I opened a new jar two days earlier. Now I'm going to put that S on everything.
I feel your pain. I bought a jar of salsa some time ago and discovered I'd already bought a replacement jar not long beforehand.

Old 08-17-2022, 11:47 PM

1,655 posts, read 774,488 times
My water heater went out 3 days and I took cold showers. My last cold shower must have been horrible because I had to cut my gym time short due to some body odor. After $600 for the water heater and $220 labor, I’m back in business now.

Old 08-18-2022, 06:21 AM

259,024 posts, read 90,556,021 times
I really need rain but I have unfinished work in the fall garden area and have to keep an appointment this morning while a large band of rain is headed this way. If I could cancel this appointment I would...

Old 08-18-2022, 09:51 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,000,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoAmericaGo View Post
My water heater went out 3 days and I took cold showers. My last cold shower must have been horrible because I had to cut my gym time short due to some body odor. After $600 for the water heater and $220 labor, I’m back in business now.
Reading this I remember trying to take cold showers in communism. Because I just couldn't do it...too cold!...I had to use a giant pot with hot water. Dad had to bring the pot to the bathroom (too heavy for me or mom, something like 10 kg/22 lbs) then I would use a smaller pot to mix cold and hot water in it, then pour it on me, using the soap etc ...Jesus it took a long time to finish. It felt like living in Middle Ages.

And all these just because the communist ruler at the time wanted to save energy, terrorize the population, have some fun...I don't know his demented reasons. And I can not immagine them nor do I care to.

Sometimes there was no water at all for a few hours, other times no warm water, or no electricity, not to mention no food, freedom of speech, religion, freedom to travel outside the country etc etc.

One time I had to spend hours in an elevator because there was a power shortage and it started when I was inside ...I started to sing because I had to practice anyway. Used to sing in a choir at that time, was in 5 or 6th grade. It was hilarious, all the people in the building could hear me...but I had no idea that they could. I was 12 yo with a 12 yo brain.

So on top of having ne electicity for a few hours, they had to listen to my laud singing. Patriotic communist songs for hours and hours. As I said before...I could write a funny book about that era.

I can't talk to my American friends about it, actually I tried to share, we even watched on tv some documentaries about communist years in my native country. They just don't get it.

Old 08-18-2022, 10:15 AM

4,184 posts, read 3,397,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by farm fatale View Post
Reading this I remember trying to take cold showers in communism. Because I just couldn't do it...too cold!...I had to use a giant pot with hot water. Dad had to bring the pot to the bathroom (too heavy for me or mom, something like 10 kg/22 lbs) then I would use a smaller pot to mix cold and hot water in it, then pour it on me, using the soap etc ...Jesus it took a long time to finish. It felt like living in Middle Ages.

And all these just because the communist ruler at the time wanted to save energy, terrorize the population, have some fun...I don't know his demented reasons. And I can not immagine them nor do I care to.

Sometimes there was no water at all for a few hours, other times no warm water, or no electricity, not to mention no food, freedom of speech, religion, freedom to travel outside the country etc etc.

One time I had to spend hours in an elevator because there was a power shortage and it started when I was inside ...I started to sing because I had to practice anyway. Used to sing in a choir at that time, was in 5 or 6th grade. It was hilarious, all the people in the building could hear me...but I had no idea that they could. I was 12 yo with a 12 yo brain.

So on top of having ne electicity for a few hours, they had to listen to my laud singing. Patriotic communist songs for hours and hours. As I said before...I could write a funny book about that era.

I can't talk to my American friends about it, actually I tried to share, we even watched on tv some documentaries about communist years in my native country. They just don't get it.
Let's hope someday they do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology