Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2023, 08:47 AM

1,088 posts, read 578,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
I hear ya. Remember when 'surfing the internet' was a thing, and it was actually fun? Now it's just a bunch of ads and data harvesting. I think the internet has gotten too big for its britches.
Now anybody can use the internet to prove themselves right about anything, no matter how absurd their belief may be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2023, 01:56 PM

1,400 posts, read 764,844 times
Five hours to get back online

Old 09-29-2023, 03:15 PM

1,063 posts, read 906,736 times
our dog needs a Halloween costume.

Old 10-01-2023, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by king john IV View Post
our dog needs a Halloween costume.
Lol That's the best First World problem ever!

As for me, the computer has access to my wifi but my phone does not

Old 10-01-2023, 07:39 AM

1,706 posts, read 1,148,402 times
I got an extra day off so now my brain is buzzing with ideas about what to get done today.

Oooooooooooooo

Old 10-01-2023, 01:12 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,548,590 times
We don't normally eat outside the home other than when we travel or the occasional McDonald's breakfast (it's one of the few fast food places that my body can handle) but today we thought we'd "treat" ourselves. It's more like abuse. My body isn't happy. I feel full even though I didn't eat too much and I'm about to fall asleep at any moment. ugh. never again

Old 10-03-2023, 05:55 PM

After about a week I finally got a Frankie Vallie song I don't even like out of my head. In the middle of the grocery store they started playing it

Old 10-09-2023, 10:38 AM

20,369 posts, read 14,644,040 times
We moved recently. For a while we were getting projects done on the house we inherited but still living in the apartment until the lease was up.

First, the third party utility billing company that my apartment complex uses to bill water/sewer/misc fees, generated a bill the day after we moved out that showed a due date that was two weeks prior to the generation of the bill. It showed up online but gave no way to pay it, they'd disabled my online payment function. I called the leasing office and asked if I could drop off a check and they said that no, I needed to call the billing company. I called them and they said I needed to call my leasing office, that they could not take a payment. I called the leasing office again, and a different person said I had to call the corporate office of the company that owns the apartment property. I asked if tenants are usually given this phone number anywhere other than having to hunt it down by calling people (it was not on the bill, the bill said to pay at the leasing office) and they said "it's in your lease." So I was supposed to pick through my 30 page lease to find this? Right. Called the number given. It went straight to voicemail. Googled the company, found another number and two emails. Bombarded them with calls and emails for a week, finally they called me back and said "they did not see a bill." Got an email the next day from them with a link to log on and pay, finally. Bonkers.

Then there's the internet. Had two accounts (for old apt, new house) for a few months...then after moving, called and closed the one. A final bill generated, due 10/10. I noted in my budget to log on and pay it on the 10th. Last week I got a phone call trying to collect on it as though it was past due. "What amount would you like to pay today?" asks the woman with the Indian accent. Zero, I replied, because the bill is due on the tenth. "So you are going to pay it on the tenth?" Yes. "In full?" Of course. "That is Tuesday." I know. "OK I have noted a promise to pay the bill in full on the tenth. Your other account is due on the 17th, would you like to pay that?" I will pay it on the 17th...? "OK I have noted..." What the hell is wrong with these people? I've always paid the bills on their due date, I am not obligated to pay them early, and I do not require multiple phone calls and emails to remind me. Sheesh... Calm ya britches, Cox!!

Old 10-11-2023, 08:48 AM

I got so totally and completely ripped off at the Ver**** phone store It was supposed to be a new phone but it is old and total garbage compared to the phone I had I paid the guy over a hundred dollars with a contract to pay on it for the next three years I don't know who to call or what to do

Old 10-11-2023, 02:23 PM
bjh

60,079 posts, read 30,375,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy739 View Post
I got so totally and completely ripped off at the Ver**** phone store It was supposed to be a new phone but it is old and total garbage compared to the phone I had I paid the guy over a hundred dollars with a contract to pay on it for the next three years I don't know who to call or what to do
Go back up there. Be polite but firm. Tell them you were sold an old phone as new and you'd like whatever it is you'd like: a refund or a replacement. If they resist, conversationally mention you may report the purchase to the state authorities that oversee phone services, every state has one, may be a utilities bureau or commission. You just want to protect anyone else from having the same problem. Plus there may be a state consumer agency. Do a Google search to see what's in your state so you can drop an agency name or two. Btw Better Business Bureau means nothing to most businesses while state authorities can cause them real pain.

You can also can tell them you're about to ask your extensive network of friends and family on Facebook what they think of Ver**** and your phone. They may offer a refund or replacement so fast their heads will spin. I'd take the refund and run.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology