Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2023, 02:33 PM

2,045 posts, read 788,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaOfGrass View Post
Lol! It's the exact same in our household. And I'm the one who's doing the saving of the two tablespoons of gravy, etc., which of course never gets used again. It happens all the time where I'm in another room and he'll call out, "Is it okay to throw out the (so-and-so)?" lol And I know he sneakily throws out stuff all the time. I can't really blame him, though.
HAHA! Your husband feels my pain ... I fessed up yesterday to tossing some old hummus, wasabi and the gravy. I'm learning.

What really ticks her off is when I sneakily throw stuff out ... When I hear three days later "Where's the so-and-so?" I know I'm doomed.

I almost tossed the welfare cheese her mother gave us, but I'll use the "The old black guy at work wants it" lie again, then throw it out. I tried making mac and cheese with that cheese and it's just awful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2023, 03:01 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,903,040 times
WordPress has become impossible for people who aren't trained in IT or coding. Curses!! No more simple personal blogs. Everything costs money. Everything, unless you want a stupid little text (black only, no changing sizes or colors) blog with some photos. Who wants that anymore?? I see that many people have not hesitated to use curse words in their searches about all the changes at WordPress. Understandable! I did it myself!

Old 11-03-2023, 06:52 PM

102,224 posts, read 107,999,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
WordPress has become impossible for people who aren't trained in IT or coding. Curses!! No more simple personal blogs. Everything costs money. Everything, unless you want a stupid little text (black only, no changing sizes or colors) blog with some photos. Who wants that anymore?? I see that many people have not hesitated to use curse words in their searches about all the changes at WordPress. Understandable! I did it myself!
I took a weekend crash course in WordPress. The instructor couldn't answer any of the class members' questions, but near the end, some of the material we'd covered by that time did address a couple of the questions.

After the class, I went to the course admin office; this was at a community college, in courses for non-students, i.e. non-academic courses for community members. I told them the instructor didn't appear to be knowledgeable, couldn't answer questions, and was difficult to follow. They said, he's one of the most popular instructors for office computer program classes. lol Wow. I can't imagine how that's possible. I got very little out of the course.

But I guess I didn't miss anything particularly valuable, if WordPress has changed so much now.

Old 11-03-2023, 07:29 PM

10,352 posts, read 8,578,998 times
I have 4 cars and only a 2 car garage. So the other two park in front. Invariably I have to jockey cars around to get the ones in the garage out.
I also have to pay 4 insurance policies and repairs. Woe is me. Lol

Old 11-03-2023, 08:11 PM

11,081 posts, read 6,903,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I took a weekend crash course in WordPress. The instructor couldn't answer any of the class members' questions, but near the end, some of the material we'd covered by that time did address a couple of the questions.

After the class, I went to the course admin office; this was at a community college, in courses for non-students, i.e. non-academic courses for community members. I told them the instructor didn't appear to be knowledgeable, couldn't answer questions, and was difficult to follow. They said, he's one of the most popular instructors for office computer program classes. lol Wow. I can't imagine how that's possible. I got very little out of the course.

But I guess I didn't miss anything particularly valuable, if WordPress has changed so much now.
I finally figured out what I needed to do on WordPress. We are fortunate to have internet and a way to blog but it's still First World Problems!! I saw an article about the efficacy of WordPress these days. Apparently blogging is going nowhere. People are monetizing them.

Old 11-05-2023, 06:22 AM

4,144 posts, read 3,061,898 times
I did a new operating system install in July on a new hard drive. While the installation was a smashing success, it's annoying how many words I use that Waterfox spell-check does not know. I have to teach it these words all over again.

Old 11-05-2023, 12:02 PM

50,387 posts, read 64,034,538 times
Quote:
Lol! It's the exact same in our household. And I'm the one who's doing the saving of the two tablespoons of gravy, etc., which of course never gets used again. It happens all the time where I'm in another room and he'll call out, "Is it okay to throw out the (so-and-so)?" lol And I know he sneakily throws out stuff all the time. I can't really blame him, though.
Suggest you put the gravy in a marked bag in the freeze and keep adding to it until you have enough to use up.
I do this with tomato paste. I seem to have a lot of recipes that only use 1T of T paste.

Old 11-05-2023, 12:03 PM

DHs Rolex watch stopped working, and it will cost hundreds$$ to get it repaired.

Old 11-05-2023, 12:34 PM

19,430 posts, read 15,259,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
Suggest you put the gravy in a marked bag in the freeze and keep adding to it until you have enough to use up.
I do this with tomato paste. I seem to have a lot of recipes that only use 1T of T paste.
Well, I don't literally save 2 tablespoons of gravy , but I do save a lot of things that just end up getting thrown away later, even when frozen if it tastes freezer-burned. I do freeze leftover tomato paste, chipotles in adobo, small knobs of fresh ginger, etc. Like you said, those are actually usable measurements.

I'd say one of the most common occurrences is when I take home leftover corn tortillas from Mexican restaurants, whether or not we have some at home, and then they'll sit there wrapped in foil in the fridge until they get hard as a rock. At this point, we just say, "We'll save these so we can throw them out later." Sometimes I'll try to steam and soften them, but not always.

Old 11-05-2023, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Well, I don't literally save 2 tablespoons of gravy , but I do save a lot of things that just end up getting thrown away later, even when frozen if it tastes freezer-burned. I do freeze leftover tomato paste, chipotles in adobo, small knobs of fresh ginger, etc. Like you said, those are actually usable measurements.

I'd say one of the most common occurrences is when I take home leftover corn tortillas from Mexican restaurants, whether or not we have some at home, and then they'll sit there wrapped in foil in the fridge until they get hard as a rock. At this point, we just say, "We'll save these so we can throw them out later." Sometimes I'll try to steam and soften them, but not always.
We do the same thing, and it’s hubby that usually throws it away here too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Psychology