Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2009, 12:13 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times

Advertisements

Happy Holidays to all the Giant fans!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2009, 11:59 AM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
1,132 posts, read 2,105,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
Happy Holidays to all the Giant fans!
Thanks a lot for nothing Giants !!!! NY Giants officially eliminated from postseason contention | New York Giants - - NJ.com

Old 01-15-2010, 05:51 PM

Location: When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic
Default What do you think ????

Bill Cowher could be next New York Giants head coach - NYPOST.com

Old 01-16-2010, 07:01 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,613,990 times
I'd like to ask a question to Giant fans--and I ask this out of curiosity, without rancor. I wonder how long it will take the front office to conclude that Eli Manning is not the answer. If you look at his entire career, he just isn't all that great as a quarterback. Sure, I give him all the credit in the world for his performance in the Super Bowl, unquestionably the best of his career, when he legitimately rose to the occasion and played like a championship quarterback needed to.

But otherwise, he just doesn't belong in the same sentence as his father or his brother. He's not an especially fast reader of defenses, and his release isn't one of the quicker ones in the league either.

Don't you think the Giants painted themselves into a corner with the contract they offered him (to say nothing of the media hype they've built around him since the day he was drafted)? And as a secondary question, how could they get rid of him now even if they wanted to?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:48 AM

356 posts, read 1,346,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred314X View Post
I'd like to ask a question to Giant fans--and I ask this out of curiosity, without rancor. I wonder how long it will take the front office to conclude that Eli Manning is not the answer. If you look at his entire career, he just isn't all that great as a quarterback. Sure, I give him all the credit in the world for his performance in the Super Bowl, unquestionably the best of his career, when he legitimately rose to the occasion and played like a championship quarterback needed to.

But otherwise, he just doesn't belong in the same sentence as his father or his brother. He's not an especially fast reader of defenses, and his release isn't one of the quicker ones in the league either.

Don't you think the Giants painted themselves into a corner with the contract they offered him (to say nothing of the media hype they've built around him since the day he was drafted)? And as a secondary question, how could they get rid of him now even if they wanted to?
Have you looked at Eli's stats this year? He isn't the problem at all. They have no defense! The defensive coordinator obviously doesn't have a clue either.

Old 01-16-2010, 09:01 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,000,047 times
Giants could of scored 35 pts every game this year and still ended up with a losing record.

Gotta start with the Defense. Eli's not the problem

Old 02-12-2010, 02:50 PM

Default Is this Plaxico Burress leftover???

NY Giants release linebacker Antonio Pierce | New York Giants: NJ.com - - NJ.com

Old 03-09-2010, 07:22 AM

Default This post got the biggest response on NJ.com !!!!

Quarterback David Carr agrees to terms on a contract with San Francisco 49ers after two years with NY Giants | - NJ.com

Old 03-10-2010, 06:38 AM

2,224 posts, read 3,614,708 times
Why in the hell would the Giants waste all that money on Antrelle Rolle? Have they lost thier minds? This guy wasnt even the best safety on his old team much less does he deserve top safety money. WOW.

Old 04-15-2010, 04:17 PM

18,221 posts, read 25,868,606 times
Bringing the Giant thread up to date. TheCity! here ya go-post away!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football