Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2009, 10:14 AM

306 posts, read 320,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Hey Urban Lover- How many arguments do you have going on this thread right now? Three?

Philips is done. Using his absence as the excuse fior the Giants woes is futile. What is the point? They have been DESTROYED for 2 of the past 3 weeks. So, that it? you mail it in for the rest of the season because 4 players are injured?

EVERY TEAM has injuries.

we are not talking about tough losses in the last minute. We are talking about the giants getting embarrassed. We are talking about 60 yd runs by a Philly back up. We are talking about De shaun Jackson not having a giant defender within 20 yds of him w/ a minute to go in the 1st half. We are talking about the Saints moving the ball up and down the field like they were playing the Rams.
And for the record, the player that blew the coverage was CC Brown. Thanks, for confirming what i stated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2009, 12:02 PM

745 posts, read 1,438,855 times
I'll put Junior Seau over my knee and give him a spanking!!

Lets just agree that the Giants ARE better than how they are playing right now. c'mon!! Give me that !!!!

Old 11-06-2009, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
I'll put Junior Seau over my knee and give him a spanking!!

Lets just agree that the Giants ARE better than how they are playing right now. c'mon!! Give me that !!!!
HAHA!

Well, they shouldn't be getting blown out. I do agree with that assumption.

The only point that I am trying to make is that I expected them to lose to the Cardinals, Saints and Eagles. If they would have won one of those games then I would have been surprised.

This week they get Canty and Boley back. Ross is coming back after the bye week for the game against the Flacons. Honestly, I would rather have Ross, Canty and Boley out and Phillips in, but it's not possible cause he is done for the year. I wish that they would call CC Brown into the office and cut him because he sux a big one.

I am just a person that has realistic expectations for my team roster. I see people all over this site claiming their team is going to win the superbowl, which I think is nuts. Plain and simple, I am in touch with reality unlike some of these loons.

Also, I am predicting for them to lose against the Chargers. If they win then it will surprise me.

Old 11-06-2009, 01:57 PM

16,905 posts, read 16,138,779 times
132am just a person that has realistic expectations for my team roster. I see people all over this site claiming their team is going to win the superbowl, which I think is nuts. Plain and simple, I am in touch with reality unlike some of these loons.

Also, I am predicting for them to lose against the Chargers. If they win then it will surprise me."

That's right. Like I said, Phil Rivers is a better quarterback. Aren't you just asking to irritate others in this thread by calling them "loons"?
That's the impression I got from your posts in the ;ast couple of pages here.
Anyway, Eli has had his 15 minutes of fame. He'll never know how to lead the team the way that Peyton or Brees can. HUGE difference!
Love the team that you're a fan of, but prepare for a rough road ahead.

Old 11-06-2009, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
132am just a person that has realistic expectations for my team roster. I see people all over this site claiming their team is going to win the superbowl, which I think is nuts. Plain and simple, I am in touch with reality unlike some of these loons.

Also, I am predicting for them to lose against the Chargers. If they win then it will surprise me."

That's right. Like I said, Phil Rivers is a better quarterback. Aren't you just asking to irritate others in this thread by calling them "loons"?
That's the impression I got from your posts in the ;ast couple of pages here.
Anyway, Eli has had his 15 minutes of fame. He'll never know how to lead the team the way that Peyton or Brees can. HUGE difference!
Love the team that you're a fan of, but prepare for a rough road ahead.
First off, I thought that you were leaving and not coming back? Please, I beg you...... live up to it.

Second, I believe that Manning is better than Rivers. Rivers has more weapons, but yet Manning still has better stats.

Third, I never said that Eli Manning was better than Brees or Peyton. Anyone that thinks Eli is better than those two is mental.

Old 11-07-2009, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
First off, I thought that you were leaving and not coming back? Please, I beg you...... live up to it.

Second, I believe that Manning is better than Rivers. Rivers has more weapons, but yet Manning still has better stats.

Third, I never said that Eli Manning was better than Brees or Peyton. Anyone that thinks Eli is better than those two is mental.
Nobody can/will drive me away from anywhere. I'm free to use these forums just as everyone else is, provided that they abide by the terms of service. So can it, as far as me leaving. In viewing your profile I see that you can be quite the nasty one yourself.
Now, back to the subject of this thread.
I find that "stats" can be completely misleading.....so often you see a quarterback with great "stats" and yet they are a crappy quarterback.
M. Vick, for example. Looks good on paper but what a dork.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Nobody can/will drive me away from anywhere. I'm free to use these forums just as everyone else is, provided that they abide by the terms of service. So can it, as far as me leaving. In viewing your profile I see that you can be quite the nasty one yourself.
Now, back to the subject of this thread.
I find that "stats" can be completely misleading.....so often you see a quarterback with great "stats" and yet they are a crappy quarterback.
M. Vick, for example. Looks good on paper but what a dork.
But, Rivers had a better supporting cast, but still worst stats.

Old 11-09-2009, 07:12 AM

It sure is quiet around here lately......

Old 11-09-2009, 07:19 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,185,985 times
Quote:
It sure is quiet around here lately......
Four game losing streak will do that.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:46 PM

2,223 posts, read 5,000,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Four game losing streak will do that.
And the next 4 games aren't any picnic either

Atlanta, Denver, Dallas, Philly

Hoping we can still get a wildcard...........somehow..........someway
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football