Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2010, 02:03 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,170,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
Eli tends to turnover the ball more when the Giants are losing. They are down 10-3 and what will happen?
Hello??? Where are you?

Defense was pathetic again and Eli pulls a win out of the fire. Can we stop whining about Eli now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 02:06 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Hello??? Where are you?

Defense was pathetic again and Eli pulls a win out of the fire. Can we stop whining about Eli now?
No because even though they won and moved to 7-4, they still have another game coming up with the Eagles at home. So he needs to play well more than for consecutive weeks

Old 11-28-2010, 03:34 PM

[quote=TVandSportsGuy;16808333]No because even though they won and moved to 7-4, they still have another game coming up with the Eagles at home. So he needs to play well more than for consecutive weeks[/QUOTE

HAhaah.... Won't eat crow will ya. Eli served you up a nice serving today. Hope it tasted good.

Old 11-28-2010, 09:34 PM
FBJ

39,605 posts, read 59,042,276 times
[quote=jp03;16809136]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
No because even though they won and moved to 7-4, they still have another game coming up with the Eagles at home. So he needs to play well more than for consecutive weeks[/QUOTE

HAhaah.... Won't eat crow will ya. Eli served you up a nice serving today. Hope it tasted good.
He has to show me he can beat the eagles

Old 11-29-2010, 07:08 AM

[quote=TVandSportsGuy;16812905]
Quote:

He has to show me he can beat the eagles
Fine! But in the meantime give him props for a great win with a completely undermanned set of wide receivers...geez.

And I see none of the other Eli bashers ran on here to eat crow...no surprise there.

I did a little qb ratings last night and picked Eli 10th out of 32 qb's. Nothing great , but nothing to be going off like you guys do either. He is a good qb who has proven he can win big games.

In regard to the Eagles how about the defense showing up just once???? huh? I mean they are getting trampled every time against green.

Old 11-29-2010, 07:24 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Quote:
Exactly...look, Eli is a borderline top 10 qb in this league., what is this comparison to Peyton?? who is comparing him to Peyton and why? I think its exactly the point when some posters here refer to only 8-8 when the defense was PATHETIC last year. The Giants would have been 6-10 or worse without Eli last year. All I can say is Eli won a Super Bowl and was a major contributor..to all you non-Giant fans..keep chewing on that one.

I do not think Eli is an elite QB..he is efficient and as a Giant fan, be glad we have him. I can think of about 20 starting QB's in the league I'd rather not have. Stop comparing him to Payton or Brady for goddsakes!
I've been a Giants fan for thirty years now, and while I do feel that Eli is probably their most effective QB since I've been following them, but that isn't saying much. The Giants have always been a team that relied heavily on defense, grinding out hard earned wins. Compared to the likes of Dave Brown and Danny Kanell he's the next coming of Dan Marino. But honestly, he's no better than Kerry Collins in my opinion.

Looking around the league I'd put him in the league of Matt Cassel, Matt Hasselbeck, and Kyle Orton. Not bad, but not great either. Someone who can thrive if he has a solid line and good receivers. Some help from the running game and defense as well.

The defense may not have played up to par last season, but it didn't help that Eli threw 14 interceptions and lost 8 of 13 fumbles. This season he's already thrown 16 and lost 5 of 7 fumbles.

I don't hate the guy, but he's very frustrating to watch and one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolhand68 View Post
I've been a Giants fan for thirty years now, and while I do feel that Eli is probably their most effective QB since I've been following them, but that isn't saying much. The Giants have always been a team that relied heavily on defense, grinding out hard earned wins. Compared to the likes of Dave Brown and Danny Kanell he's the next coming of Dan Marino. But honestly, he's no better than Kerry Collins in my opinion.

Looking around the league I'd put him in the league of Matt Cassel, Matt Hasselbeck, and Kyle Orton. Not bad, but not great either. Someone who can thrive if he has a solid line and good receivers. Some help from the running game and defense as well.

The defense may not have played up to par last season, but it didn't help that Eli threw 14 interceptions and lost 8 of 13 fumbles. This season he's already thrown 16 and lost 5 of 7 fumbles.

I don't hate the guy, but he's very frustrating to watch and one of the most inconsistent QB's in the league.
Well, I think he is a notch above the guys you mentioned but below the Flacco,Ryan level. I guess I get annoyed because although Eli can sure **** us off as fans, he still does alot of good things. Don't forget, when the Giants had Smith and Nicks and a full offensive line, the guy was in the MVP talk. I dunno..I guess AFTER all the crappy qb's we have watched over the years play for the Giants, i consider Eli a solid stable step up in that position. Not elite for sure, but...not many are elite.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:54 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,811,922 times
I guess I am higher on Eli than almost anyone else on this thread. Here are the QBs I would take over Eli Manning, as of right now:

1) P.Manning
2) Brady
3) Rivers
4) Brees
5) Vick
6) Rodgers
7) Big Ben

Maybe Matt Ryan, as well. I think it's very close between Ryan and E.Manning as to who I would take next. Flacco is below both of them, so is Orton, Cutler, and Romo.

Old 11-29-2010, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I guess I am higher on Eli than almost anyone else on this thread. Here are the QBs I would take over Eli Manning, as of right now:

1) P.Manning
2) Brady
3) Rivers
4) Brees
5) Vick
6) Rodgers
7) Big Ben

Maybe Matt Ryan, as well. I think it's very close between Ryan and E.Manning as to who I would take next. Flacco is below both of them, so is Orton, Cutler, and Romo.

Exactly who I chose but I took Flacco and Ryan over to get to the 10th....but these 3 along with Romo are very close ...I'd say Eli's range would be 8- 11

Old 11-30-2010, 02:32 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,790,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post

1) P.Manning
2) Brady
3) Rivers
4) Brees
5) Vick
6) Rodgers
7) Big Ben

Good list, but I would add Ryan, Flacco, Sanchez, and Schaub ahead of Eli.

I would take Eli over the likes of Orton, McNabb, Hasselbeck and the rest of the good QB's in the league, but I could go either way on Cassell, Cutler, Romo, and Palmer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football