Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-02-2009, 11:17 AM

3,520 posts, read 9,239,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
I love the giants and the last three games have ticked me off. However, I understand why they are losing.

Losing games tend to happen when injuries pile up. Ross (starting CB), Boley (starting OLB), Phillips (starting S) and Canty (starting DT) have not played.

I want to see what they can do at full strength.
The above explanation doesn't explain how Eli Manning could play such a terrible game against the Eagles. He even received good pass protection almost the entire game and he still was terrible.

(For the record, I'm an Eagles fan, and though I thought they played well against the Giants, that game was more about the Giants playing badly than the Eagles playing well.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2009, 09:02 PM

306 posts, read 319,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHIP72 View Post
The above explanation doesn't explain how Eli Manning could play such a terrible game against the Eagles. He even received good pass protection almost the entire game and he still was terrible.

(For the record, I'm an Eagles fan, and though I thought they played well against the Giants, that game was more about the Giants playing badly than the Eagles playing well.)
ACtually, they had tons of injuries there too.

Mannningham did not play, Mckenzie (all pro ) Off lineman did not play, and Bradshaw played with a broken bone in his foot.

A lot of people don't realize this, but all of those injuriies on defense hurts the offense becuase the giants defense is on the field more and has worse field position.

Old 11-03-2009, 01:22 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Manning in't as good as some say IMO;he has a tendency to be hot and cold like so many.

Old 11-03-2009, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Manning in't as good as some say IMO;he has a tendency to be hot and cold like so many.
Oh, yeah. He is just awful. HAHA

And this is coming from someone with the name TEXdav. Let me guess you are a Cobwoys fan?

Old 11-04-2009, 07:48 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
Oh, yeah. He is just awful. HAHA

And this is coming from someone with the name TEXdav. Let me guess you are a Cobwoys fan?
Funny I agree with TEXdav and before you say "but your an Eagles fan", I live in Giants territory and hear many Giants fans say the same. Not all of them are sold on Sheli.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Funny I agree with TEXdav and before you say "but your an Eagles fan", I live in Giants territory and hear many Giants fans say the same. Not all of them are sold on Sheli.
I live in Giants territory too. Everyone that I know is sold on Eli and love him.

He won a superbowl, which is something that Donovan Mcnabb has FAILED to do and will always fail to do.

And Tony Romo has never even won a playoff game.

You tell me who has accomposhed more of the three. Not to mention Manning is still in the prime of his career, Macnabb is almost done.

Last edited by UrbanLover; 11-04-2009 at 09:14 AM..

Old 11-04-2009, 12:06 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,935,683 times
Quote:
I live in Giants territory too. Everyone that I know is sold on Eli and love him.

He won a superbowl, which is something that Donovan Mcnabb has FAILED to do and will always fail to do.

And Tony Romo has never even won a playoff game.

You tell me who has accomposhed more of the three. Not to mention Manning is still in the prime of his career, Macnabb is almost done.
Typical Midgets fan response. What do McNabb and Romo have to do with my statement? Did I say either of them was the "be all to end all"? All I was said was that it's my opinion that Eli is not as good a some think he is and I know many fans who agree. Never said he was awful and neither did texdave.

Eli won a SB? Hmmm, thought there were a bunch of other guys out there as well. Eli hasn't proved that he can play in a big game when he is missing key players.

Old 11-04-2009, 12:11 PM

745 posts, read 1,438,306 times
Quote:
Losing games tend to happen when injuries pile up. Ross (starting CB), Boley (starting OLB), Phillips (starting S) and Canty (starting DT) have not played.
I do not like the injury excuse. While people have been overlooking this point... it still does not explain their awful play. Boley and Canty were not even on the team last year and have barely played this year.... so it is hard to consider them a "loss". The Giants Defensive troubles run WAY deeper than these injuries. I am not sure what it is.... obviously poor safety play has been a major issue, but it is more than that. The pass rush has also been disappointing.

On the bright side... there is definitely hope that they can turn this thing around. all of the pieces are there.

Old 11-04-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Typical Midgets fan response. What do McNabb and Romo have to do with my statement? Did I say either of them was the "be all to end all"? All I was said was that it's my opinion that Eli is not as good a some think he is and I know many fans who agree. Never said he was awful and neither did texdave.

Eli won a SB? Hmmm, thought there were a bunch of other guys out there as well. Eli hasn't proved that he can play in a big game when he is missing key players.
You brought Mcnabb into the debate when you started talking smack about Eli. Therefore, I gave it right back to you by talking smack about your QB.

Yes, Eli LED his team to a superbowl and Eli WON a superbowl. Wiithout him the Giants never would have even gotten into the playoffs. Again, Donovan Mcnabb has FAILED to LEAD his team to a superbowl.

Also, let's not foget that Eli came into the leaque in 04 while Mcnabb entered in 99.

Last edited by UrbanLover; 11-04-2009 at 01:28 PM..

Old 11-04-2009, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
I do not like the injury excuse. While people have been overlooking this point... it still does not explain their awful play. Boley and Canty were not even on the team last year and have barely played this year.... so it is hard to consider them a "loss". The Giants Defensive troubles run WAY deeper than these injuries. I am not sure what it is.... obviously poor safety play has been a major issue, but it is more than that. The pass rush has also been disappointing.

On the bright side... there is definitely hope that they can turn this thing around. all of the pieces are there.
The first bolded statement is the stupidest statement that I have read on a forum in my entire life. The Giants did not have defensive troubles last year or any year of the past 3 seasons. In the offseason they did nothing but add players and slim fat from third stringers. They have 4 starters out, which is facts, take it or leave it. There is no team in the NFL that can have 4 starters out on defense and not see a drop off.

As for the second comment in bold.... Thanks, for confirming my original statement. Did you notice that the safety troubles started in week 3? Week 2 was the last game that Phillips played in versus the Cowboys.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football