Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2016, 07:07 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,287 times

Advertisements

I guess that is McAdoo is being aggressive...

However, sometimes, you have to take the points when you can get them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2016, 07:28 PM

10,007 posts, read 11,168,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
The Giants are a weird team to watch in a game. In one quarter they look so elite, and then the next, they look like a complete rookie team. I don't know how they always get so far, but they do it somehow.
I think you are describing ELI. Talk about a bed crap today..he should have stayed on the bus.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryffendor View Post
Don't get me wrong, as a Cowboy fan, I like the result of the Giant-Steelers game. Just a point to bring up....Does McAdoo know that in American Football, you are allowed to kick FGs?
Right calls ..down 2 scores in 4th FG does you diddly. Have to be able to convert..execution problem ,...good coaching decision.

Old 12-04-2016, 07:32 PM

158 posts, read 73,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I guess that is McAdoo is being aggressive...

However, sometimes, you have to take the points when you can get them.
3 times???? I think some coaches get caught up with being "exciting"....be boring and take the 3 points
I don't agree with the mindset of "I have to score TDs to keep up with the other team". If your defense can't stop the other team, what are you doing on the field

Old 12-04-2016, 07:36 PM

158 posts, read 73,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp03 View Post
Right calls ..down 2 scores in 4th FG does you diddly. Have to be able to convert..execution problem ,...good coaching decision.
4th and 13 in FG range, you kick....if you kick the ball on those 3 occasions, you are down 1 score when you get the ball back with 2 mins to go as opposed to being down 17

Old 12-04-2016, 07:51 PM

Quote:
4th and 13 in FG range, you kick....if you kick the ball on those 3 occasions, you are down 1 score when you get the ball back with 2 mins to go as opposed to being down 17
LOL...if you kick the ball once everything after that would be different. You cant assume they would get th same situation. Now down 14 a field goal still leaves you 2 scores down. You DONT kick the field goal there although the way the Giants offense looked 4th and 13 may as well have been a mile so yes that was a wasted play.

Old 12-04-2016, 11:29 PM

Quote:
3 times???? I think some coaches get caught up with being "exciting"....be boring and take the 3 points
I don't agree with the mindset of "I have to score TDs to keep up with the other team". If your defense can't stop the other team, what are you doing on the field
Right, like I said...sometimes, you have to take the points when you can.

Old 12-12-2016, 02:00 AM

I am surprised that the Giants pulled out the win Sunday night. I thought for sure without JPP a lot of their run defense and pass rush would be comprised to the point that Dallas would be able to score a lot more than 7 points. That said, the Giants O still cant get out of their own way, and just seem to be way more miss than hit as the season goes along...

Old 12-12-2016, 09:25 AM

2,084 posts, read 2,623,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
I am surprised that the Giants pulled out the win Sunday night. I thought for sure without JPP a lot of their run defense and pass rush would be comprised to the point that Dallas would be able to score a lot more than 7 points. That said, the Giants O still cant get out of their own way, and just seem to be way more miss than hit as the season goes along...
Elliott still had 100+ yards but Okwara and Kennard were too tough for Dak and Dallas' elite O-line to handle in the end. This is a Spagnuolo defense indeed. The Giants are in the Cowboys offense's head anyway, and besides that, I felt like Dallas was slowing down the last few weeks.

Still so weird to see the Giants O like this when last year they were so good. That offense and this year's defense would have made a very scary team. The difference maker is the patchwork O-line. Eli has no confidence playing behind them so even when they do well he makes a mistake.

Old 12-12-2016, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by savoytruffle View Post
Elliott still had 100+ yards but Okwara and Kennard were too tough for Dak and Dallas' elite O-line to handle in the end. This is a Spagnuolo defense indeed. The Giants are in the Cowboys offense's head anyway, and besides that, I felt like Dallas was slowing down the last few weeks.

Still so weird to see the Giants O like this when last year they were so good. That offense and this year's defense would have made a very scary team. The difference maker is the patchwork O-line. Eli has no confidence playing behind them so even when they do well he makes a mistake.
Just goes to show you that I dont care how good you are, if the O-line doesnt hold up, no one can function. Heck, it is a big reason why the Giants havent been able to run the ball for the better part of 2 years now. What is worse, to me, the solution is simple: Now, this wont fix anything this season, but they need to move Flowers to RT (He is a big strong physical tackle) and find a better LT. You would then have 4 of the 5 positions on the offensive front filled with good players. I think Flowers can be a good player, I just think he is badly out of position, but there really isnt anything the Giants can do about it now because they dont have a better LT on the roster at this moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football