Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2017, 06:19 PM

71 posts, read 61,107 times

Advertisements

Should of never forced Coughlin to quit. He was the reason why the Giants won at Greenbay...Not Eli.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2017, 06:58 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
Eli was unimpressive today as he has been all year. Of course, the WRs didn't help him in the first half with the drop passes... The defense seemed to simply quit once the pack got up 24-13.. as if they knew the offense was NEVER gonna score another 2 TDs..

Old 01-08-2017, 07:03 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
I don't get all the hype about Beckham, he had drops today that he should have caught. Giants started out like a house on fire, I was gloom and doom for awhile. Giants gave them a fight but can't count out the Packers when they are on a mission.

I feel bad for him if the story about him punching a hole in the wall near the visitor locker room is true plus being seen banging his head against the wall. He really needs to grow up, very immature, sad in some ways.

Last edited by susancruzs; 01-08-2017 at 07:35 PM..

Old 01-08-2017, 09:49 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
Beckham is a skilled and talented player. However, I think he drops too many balls; and, too truly get to that next level, he cant do that.

Old 01-08-2017, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mco65 View Post
Eli was unimpressive today as he has been all year. Of course, the WRs didn't help him in the first half with the drop passes... The defense seemed to simply quit once the pack got up 24-13.. as if they knew the offense was NEVER gonna score another 2 TDs..
The reason why this year didnt feel like '07 or '11 to me. The offense has misfired all year, but the defense would prevent them from getting burned. They have had problems all year scoring 20 points. They really need to take a good long look at the offense this offseason, and start with the Oline. Really, when you think about it, it is a small miracle the team won 11 games.

Old 01-09-2017, 07:22 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,763,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
I don't get all the hype about Beckham, he had drops today that he should have caught. Giants started out like a house on fire, I was gloom and doom for awhile. Giants gave them a fight but can't count out the Packers when they are on a mission.

I feel bad for him if the story about him punching a hole in the wall near the visitor locker room is true plus being seen banging his head against the wall. He really needs to grow up, very immature, sad in some ways.
I had a Giants fan as a houseguest this weekend and he believes that and I agree with that OBJ is a game changer that gives the Giants 3-4 wins a year, when he plays up to his potential. He pulled no punches about the lack of maturity Odell has and he is more trouble than he is worth at times. The Miami trip will only increase the scrunity of yesterday.

Old 01-09-2017, 06:37 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
Here's an interesting thought to both Giants fans and non Giants fan:

For non-Giants fans: if the Giants front office made OBJ available, what would you give up to get him? (and try to be realistic. Obviously the Giants won't get Joe Schmo backup RT from the Rams, etc.)
For Giants fans: What would you want back in a trade for OBJ?

As a Ravens & Texans fan I'll give my answers:

For the Ravens: I'd give up Suggs, Tucker or Flacco but of the 3 I think only Tucker would be of interest and even though Tucker is probably the best kicker in football right now, you can't trade a player as valuable as OBJ for a kicker even a historically great one like Tucker is. Suggs I don't think would have any interest for the Giants, while Flacco is debatable as I think he is only a couple years younger than Eli is. So I'd say Tucker, 2nd round pick in this year's draft, plus a 1st/2nd rounder in 2018 for OBJ OR Flacco & a 4th/5th rounder this year for OBJ. QB is more valuable than a kicker, so they only get 1 draft pick and a later round.

For the Texans: I'd go Hopkins or Watt. Obviously Osweiler won't cut it (which is why I said try to be reasonable). I actually think Hopkins for OBJ would be a decent 1-1 swap. Both are talented WR's that might need a fresh start somewhere else; OBJ for his antics both on & off the field, and really get him out of New York and the tabloids, while Osweiler can't get Hopkins the ball, so he could use a fresh start in an offense with a great pocket passer like Manning. Plus Hopkins (at least as far as I'm aware) doesn't come with the trouble that OBJ does. So I'd say Hopkins for OBJ which I think is a fair swap. Watt & Savage for OBJ might not be a bad swap either. Watt's been hurt the last few years, but if he's on the field he's still one of the premier ends in the game today while the Giants could groom Savage for 1 or 2 years to take over for Eli.

So Giants fans I think the Texans offers look better than the Ravens do (and I don't see the Ravens trading Tucker or Flacco for a distraction anyways) so would you take Hopkins for OBJ or Watt & Savage back for OBJ. How about thoughts from other teams, & Giants fans on this??

Old 01-09-2017, 07:55 PM

7,588 posts, read 6,634,435 times
As a Packer fan, I wouldn't want him at all. He wouldn't fill enough of a need to make it worth all the drama.

Old 01-09-2017, 08:42 PM

I'll keep him. He still has maturity issues, but I am willing to wait to see if he gets through those. If he works on the maturity issues, and continues to work on his craft, he can be the best WR in the league. You cant drop the passes he dropped yesterday, and hold that title, however. Despite all of his "issues" he is still an elite talent, and you just can't replace that so easily.

Old 01-10-2017, 05:50 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
i think the Giants have to keep OBJ.. like him or not he is the face of that franchise and despite all the antics on the field, he does not seem to be a bad apple off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football