Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2015, 01:28 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,084,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azriverfan. View Post
There is no excuse for you to hold only one player responsible....PERIOD!!! Taunting leads to issues like this. Unlike you, I'm a realist and a pragmatist. It shouldn't happen that a player becomes so enraged that he throws punches after being taunted but it happens. Players are human and humans make poor decisions while emotional. And if you think it doesn't happen, you are clueless. If you want to stop things like this from occurring in the future, then the refs should do their job and stop it in the beginning. And also, suspend players or eject them from the game early after punches are thrown. Both players should have been dealt with before the helmet to helmet hit.

And to be honest, I'm not surprised this happened. Norman is a punk. And it was only a matter of time before a player went off on him for his shenanigans. You can get away with taunting for so long before a player loses it.

Look at the Cardinals - Eagles game. John Brown misses a wide open TD reception in the first play of the game and no Eagle DB walked up to Brown and humiliated him. Sorry but I'm not going to excuse Josh Norman just because he was the victim of a helmet to helmet hit.
This is the problem with the current generation. Taunting has been a part of football since the sport began, but now it's going to lead to whining because one punk can't keep his emotions in check following some trash talk.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2015, 01:48 PM

18,032 posts, read 27,479,203 times
I am of the opinion that ODB and Norman were both being a couple of selfish punks who both should have been thrown from the game prior to the cheap shot ever taking place, but that would make for boring tv.

Old 12-21-2015, 01:51 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
Hey, it only took an out of control player to get my favorite team's thread to get some activity! Haha.

That being said, Beckham's actions are inexcusable. Norman slamming him and taunting him are pretty bush league, too, but you cant go after a player's livelihood and expect to come out smelling like roses. You cant go flying off the handle if things dont go your way. Norman's whole plan was to get in Beckham's head, and it worked. If Beckham catches that first TD pass, where he had Norman dead to rights, how does the rest of the game play out?

And now we have this?
Panthers’ black baseball bat is a red herring in Beckham case | ProFootballTalk

Still, there no way Beckham should have let it come to this. If you are Beckham, you have to know it was coming because you think all these DBs want to continue to look bad? It is time to try something new. He is still a young player, so more head games are probably on the way--until you prove you can handle it.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:05 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
So he has been suspended for one game, and he probably will appeal, but will it be over turned? Last year, Suh got a one game suspension over turned before the playoffs, and we all know what his past history was! This, however, was repeated incidents all through the game apparently.

Old 12-21-2015, 02:06 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times
Yep, its official:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...165506048.html

I dont think it will be overturned. That helmet to helmet hit was too blatant.

Old 12-21-2015, 03:57 PM

9,763 posts, read 7,481,580 times
I don't have a dog in this fight but both men acted like 6 year old kids yesterday. It was absolutely disgusting to watch and I was embarrassed for BOTH of them. I agree with an earlier poster in this thread Norman should've ben flagged for taunting on the ball OBJ dropped that would've been a TD (I've seen much worse called for taunting) and OBJ should've definitely been kicked out when he went for the spear on Norman. Even the Giants announcers were saying that!

Old 12-21-2015, 10:56 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,078,063 times
I didn't see much of the incident but he should definitely be suspended for one game...the next game, but only the next game. If he appeals, they should immediately deny his appeal (for good reasons) and threaten him with a barber. In fact, they should tell him right now his appeal has been denied and not to bother showing up for the next game and to go see a barber while he's at it, if he knows what's good for him.

Old 12-21-2015, 11:16 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,201,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
Hey, it only took an out of control player to get my favorite team's thread to get some activity! Haha.

That being said, Beckham's actions are inexcusable. Norman slamming him and taunting him are pretty bush league, too, but you cant go after a player's livelihood and expect to come out smelling like roses. You cant go flying off the handle if things dont go your way. Norman's whole plan was to get in Beckham's head, and it worked. If Beckham catches that first TD pass, where he had Norman dead to rights, how does the rest of the game play out?

And now we have this?
Panthers’ black baseball bat is a red herring in Beckham case | ProFootballTalk

Still, there no way Beckham should have let it come to this. If you are Beckham, you have to know it was coming because you think all these DBs want to continue to look bad? It is time to try something new. He is still a young player, so more head games are probably on the way--until you prove you can handle it.
Maybe more head games toned down a bit from yesterday. Both players have been contacted by the league for certain. Beckham has been suspended one game and both have been fined. Norman will be on a short leash with the league too and will be watched carefully. This happens when two players think a single great season makes them legends comparable to someone like Jerry Rice, etc. LOL! Sorry, but you need to perform like that for at least a decade before receiving that type of accolade. These two players, while talented, seem clueless about that! Remember, Jerry Rice played in the era when helmet to helmet contact was legal. Cry me a river Odell!

These two are talented players, but also prima donnas, who will certainly be receiving their fair share of penalty flags, possible fines, and suspensions, if they are unable to put their team's success and well being ahead of their own egos soon. Hopefully, both will learn a lesson.

Old 12-22-2015, 06:57 AM

3,755 posts, read 4,804,804 times
If the Giants miss the playoffs this year, does Coughlin get fired? This would be the 4th straight season they missed the playoffs if they don't get in this year.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:42 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,734,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAM88 View Post
If the Giants miss the playoffs this year, does Coughlin get fired? This would be the 4th straight season they missed the playoffs if they don't get in this year.
I think John Mara will absolutely let him go if they don't make the playoffs...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football