Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2015, 06:02 PM

5,167 posts, read 3,659,947 times

Advertisements

^^ Yes, I agree, although I was surprised the Giants went after him. I thought the Giants were already thinking they were pretty deep at WR, so I didnt know they felt like they needed to add another reciever.

Granted, I would not count on Victor Cruz being 100% yet, but Odell Beckham Jr and Rueben Randle can still start, with Preston Parker as the third WR. Then you have both of the Harris': Dwayne, formerly of Dallas to handle return duties, but also thought to be getting a look at WR; and Marcus who was injured last season, but supposedly impressed in camp last year. Last year's preseason sensation, Corey Washington is still there, and along with this season's sixth round pick, Geremy Davis. It is pretty crowded. However, I do think that Jones may give the Giants another veteran presence.

I doubt all of these guys will make the final, Sept roster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 11:01 AM

3,537 posts, read 2,737,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXCell View Post
^^ Yes, I agree, although I was surprised the Giants went after him. I thought the Giants were already thinking they were pretty deep at WR, so I didnt know they felt like they needed to add another reciever.

Granted, I would not count on Victor Cruz being 100% yet, but Odell Beckham Jr and Rueben Randle can still start, with Preston Parker as the third WR. Then you have both of the Harris': Dwayne, formerly of Dallas to handle return duties, but also thought to be getting a look at WR; and Marcus who was injured last season, but supposedly impressed in camp last year. Last year's preseason sensation, Corey Washington is still there, and along with this season's sixth round pick, Geremy Davis. It is pretty crowded. However, I do think that Jones may give the Giants another veteran presence.

I doubt all of these guys will make the final, Sept roster.
In this league the more depth you have at O line and WR the better the offense will be.

Old 08-04-2015, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
In this league the more depth you have at O line and WR the better the offense will be.
Very true--and that is the problem Im really worried about...the depth (and the rookie at LT) on the offensive line.

Old 08-18-2015, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Very true--and that is the problem Im really worried about...the depth (and the rookie at LT) on the offensive line.
I am very worried about this season. With the O line and secondary in shambles this has 5-11 written all over it.
I also hope this O line does not cost Eli an injury. The season will spiral way out of control at that point.
They will probably have a top 10 pick but if Eli gets hurt behind that putrid line they may have a top 5.

I am very worried.

Old 08-20-2015, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoomBen View Post
I am very worried about this season. With the O line and secondary in shambles this has 5-11 written all over it.
I also hope this O line does not cost Eli an injury. The season will spiral way out of control at that point.
They will probably have a top 10 pick but if Eli gets hurt behind that putrid line they may have a top 5.

I am very worried.
I agree; plus, without JPP, are they going to be able to stop the run and rush the passer?

Old 08-20-2015, 06:58 AM

653 posts, read 784,691 times
I feel like the Giants have some serious question marks on both the O Line and the D Line. The secondary is suspect at best.

Old 08-22-2015, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
I feel like the Giants have some serious question marks on both the O Line and the D Line. The secondary is suspect at best.
Agreed. Not to mention the near-constant health issues. I am okay with the Giants top three corners: DRC, Prince and Trumaine McBride. But they never seem to be 100% healthy as a group. The safeties are another matter altogether.

The lines do seem to be a serious issue, and if you cant win in the trenches, nothing else really matters...

Last edited by IXCell; 08-22-2015 at 01:54 AM..

Old 08-24-2015, 07:11 PM

14,329 posts, read 14,629,286 times
So a great deal of talk about JJ in Packerland, James Jones that is! Will he be cut or is he making plays and not to be cut?

Packers sure could use him right now! A veteran presence that knows Aaron and how he thinks, what he wants in a receiver. Ben McAdoo has worked with Jones at the Packers so fans thinking JJ will be cut, might not have it right.

Old 08-26-2015, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by susancruzs View Post
So a great deal of talk about JJ in Packerland, James Jones that is! Will he be cut or is he making plays and not to be cut?

Packers sure could use him right now! A veteran presence that knows Aaron and how he thinks, what he wants in a receiver. Ben McAdoo has worked with Jones at the Packers so fans thinking JJ will be cut, might not have it right.
Hey, susancruzs! Ready for another season?

I agree with your points. Very interesting. If he hadn't already signed with the Giants, I think if Jones would have been on the first plane to Wisconsin even while Nelson was still getting his MRI. If the Giants let him go, I definitely think he goes back to GB. The Giants battle at WR is very interesting so we will see if Jones sticks around. I think he will, because I believe he has been producing.

Old 09-02-2015, 01:05 PM

Quote:
I agree; plus, without JPP, are they going to be able to stop the run and rush the passer?
From what I hear Damontre Moore is stepping up in that area but it is only pre season so who knows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Pro Football