Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2024, 04:48 PM

17,848 posts, read 22,665,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
I was an active PCA member for years, attended events, entered my 2006 Club Coup into Concours, ect..

I still couldn't get into the driving schools. I finally gave up. I didnt want to trash out my Club Coupe anyways on a track...would have liked to try it a few times though.

I should have kept my 2002 base 911 instead of trading it in for a measly $40k. I could have turned it into a track beast.

Oh well, live and learn...now out of the market until Labor Day. Hopefully prices will cool down on near new (2020-2023) 911S Coupes w/ PDK. Some seem to be sitting longer now, so I hope that trend continues.

I'd like to pay below original sticker price for a low mile "S". Right now, thaat's tough to do.
Bring a trailer sold a 2023 S heritage for 8K behind MSRP. Stunning color combo.

If you get a car, join Chin driving events, they track all over the country (Sebring, Homestead are FL local) and its a really nice program. I drove Homestead in my M3 a couple years back, had a blast and the car came out unscathed. If you need an instructor they will give you one. I got registered as a intermediate and got to drive solo on my first event.

https://chintrackdays.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2024, 04:52 PM

26,792 posts, read 13,585,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
You didn’t want to trash it - what, lol? Did you give up trying to get into the ‘driving schools’, give up being a PCA member - or both?

That said, keep in mind your car must meet the requirements and pass a tech inspection relative to DE events. Although it’s not racing, HPDE is a stepping stone into PCA Club Racing; this is where the real fun/challenge begins. :-)
Correct, I didn't want to trash my rare Club Coupe. There were only 50 made, & 2 are in Porsche museums.

I was winning PCA concours events w/ it, but would have done the track a time or two on a slow day. The road rash to the front end would ahve meant the end of Concours.

Anyways, its onto its 3rd owner, & I'm out of the market for now.

I'm watching 3 911S's online though. They're moving slower, so prices will dip soon.

Old 06-27-2024, 10:13 PM

8,960 posts, read 4,094,847 times
Quote:
I've never had any car on any track let alone a GT3...I'm jealous of Boston Mike7.
Quote:
I tried to sign up for the PCA driving school a few times in Atlanta, but it sold out each time w/in minutes, so I never got the chance.
Quote:
I was an active PCA member for years, attended events, entered my 2006 Club Coup into Concours, ect..

I still couldn't get into the driving schools. I finally gave up.
Quote:
Correct, I didn't want to trash my rare Club Coupe.
Quote:
I was winning PCA concours events w/ it, but would have done the track a time or two on a slow day.
Dude, lol. Do you want to discuss the PCA DE program and club racing (relative to my thread) or not? Else, I don’t know why you’re here. ;-)

Old 07-04-2024, 05:49 AM

26,792 posts, read 13,585,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Dude, lol. Do you want to discuss the PCA DE program and club racing (relative to my thread) or not? Else, I don’t know why you’re here. ;-)
You convinced me...

I bought the Corvette Z06 instead. Its faster, costs 1/2 as much (I saved $150k), & has lower cost of ownership.

I'll see you in my rear view mirror

Old 07-05-2024, 08:39 AM

6,723 posts, read 7,340,698 times
Quote:
You convinced me...

I bought the Corvette Z06 instead. Its faster, costs 1/2 as much (I saved $150k), & has lower cost of ownership.

The GT3RS is faster then C8 Z06, it’s lap times prove this. It has 150 less hp too. Wait until the 992 GT2RS comes out, it’ll spank the C8 ZR1 too as it always has.

Old Yesterday, 09:42 AM

8,960 posts, read 4,094,847 times
Quote:
You convinced me...

No FE7 specification? I’m not trying to convince you a GT3 RS is higher-performing, more communicative and the most fun to drive (although it is lol) nor do I agree ‘cost of ownership’ factors into a decision regarding a ‘track toy’, per my (Porsche) thread. That said, no PCA club racing for you. ;-)

However, I’m curious as to what changed from your previous post (just a week ago), as bolded below. As such, your purchase appears to be a bit impulsive (regardless of the money you saved).

Quote:
I'm watching 3 911S's online though. They're moving slower, so prices will dip soon.
Quote:
I've never had any car on any track let alone a GT3...I'm jealous of Boston Mike7.
Quote:
Heh, you talk a big game considering you’ve never been on any track. ;-) Enjoy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche