Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2023, 08:30 PM

6,541 posts, read 7,124,380 times

Advertisements

Have you gotten your 992 GT3RS yet? Champion Porsche had first in the US a month or so ago.

The new GT2RS has already been spotted on tracks testing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2023, 09:20 AM

8,660 posts, read 3,858,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
Champion Porsche had first in the US a month or so ago.
Speaking re: ‘first appearances in the US’ several weeks ago, you’re referring to the GT3 Tribute to Carrera RS Package (limited edition of the special edition RS, so to speak). I previously mentioned (in this thread) it would be available in the spring; it made its first public appearance at Sebring in March, I believe.

Old 05-07-2023, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Speaking re: ‘first appearances in the US’ several weeks ago, you’re referring to the GT3 Tribute to Carrera RS Package (limited edition of the special edition RS, so to speak). I previously mentioned (in this thread) it would be available in the spring; it made its first public appearance at Sebring in March, I believe.
Here’s the first one for sale in North America. They are number one dealer in US or world, thus why they got first one. Another YouTube guy was at the dealership for parts and saw it there. Lots of YouTube people got to drive a Porsche owned one at a track an hour or so from Los Angeles a few months ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4j1fhlhOS7c

Last edited by wamer27; 05-07-2023 at 06:48 PM..

Old 05-08-2023, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Here’s the first one for sale in North America.
There’s a difference between ‘available/for sale’ vs. fulfillment. Keep in mind there’s a distinction re: the 911 GT3 RS Tribute to Carrera as well i.e. only 150 cars; it’s the one that made its first public appearance at Sebring in March.

Old 05-10-2023, 02:22 AM

Quote:
There’s a difference between ‘available/for sale’ vs. fulfillment. Keep in mind there’s a distinction re: the 911 GT3 RS Tribute to Carrera as well i.e. only 150 cars; it’s the one that made its first public appearance at Sebring in March.
I have no clue, but I’m guessing that first one in the states was a fulfillment that they left on a display for short period or was on display while mechanics did the inspection and then waited for buyer to pick up. I’m sure Champion got more tribute cars of the 150 then any other dealer. I can’t imagine the selection process/allocation for that one. Seinfeld guaranteed he got one. I wonder if Porsche was the one picking people getting it, or they just passed them onto the top dealers and let them?

Old 05-10-2023, 09:03 PM

Quote:
I’m sure Champion got more tribute cars of the 150 then any other dealer. I can’t imagine the selection process/allocation for that one. Seinfeld guaranteed he got one. I wonder if Porsche was the one picking people getting it, or they just passed them onto the top dealers and let them?
The 911 GT3RS with the (limited edition) Tribute to Carrera package was available to order for U.S. customers with an existing 911 GT3RS (last fall) by way of Porsche’s extended personalization program.

Old 05-14-2023, 10:21 AM

Quote:
The 911 GT3RS with the (limited edition) Tribute to Carrera package was available to order for U.S. customers with an existing 911 GT3RS (last fall) by way of Porsche’s extended personalization program.
I was just wondering what the process was to get one of the 150 tribute cars. Only the top of the top will get an allocation.

Old 05-14-2023, 12:20 PM

Quote:
I was just wondering what the process was to get one of the 150 tribute cars. Only the top of the top will get an allocation.
I just answered your question re: the process; no need for you to wonder any longer. ;-)

Old 05-15-2023, 05:28 AM

Quote:
I just answered your question re: the process; no need for you to wonder any longer. ;-)
There are many people everywhere with large Porsche collections via purchased all the GT cars and won’t get this allocation. Just trying or thinking how one gets a spot is all, though this question will never really be answered. My local dealer head sales guy is my friend and the GM has his own way to give out allocations, but they don’t tell the clients this.

Old 05-15-2023, 08:54 PM

Quote:
There are many people everywhere with large Porsche collections via purchased all the GT cars and won’t get this allocation.
Except I didn’t state ‘people everywhere’ were being offered the opportunity to order it, lol; obviously, for starters, it’s only available in the US. Rather, specifically, it was those who had a (current) 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS allocation (last fall), for obvious reasons. I thought it was understood relative to my thread.

Quote:
Just trying or thinking how one gets a spot is all, though this question will never really be answered.
Porsche has been talking about it since last fall; it’s been answered. :-)

Quote:
My local dealer head sales guy is my friend and the GM has his own way to give out allocations, but they don’t tell the clients this.
Your ‘local dealer head sales guy’ is feeding you nonsense, despite there being no reason for him to do so - unless he just didn’t want to admit he’s clueless.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 05-15-2023 at 09:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche