Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 09:31 PM

6 posts, read 33,734 times

Advertisements

Hey folks-

I'm doing a project for a class I'm in on picking a retailer and just talking to people about it. And, since I'm a toy-holic, I'm going with Toys R Us.

So I was wondering if anyone would be game to talk with me about Toys R Us in this thread...just basic questions...and I might pose a few others.

At its most basic, I'm just curious what you all think about Toys R Us.

I grew up with it, can still remember running to the aisles to grab my Transformers, dreaming about the Cobra Terrordome...stuff like that. And what spurred this project is going to it the other day and just not feeling the same aura.

How about you?
-andrew
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2007, 09:48 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,395,007 times
When I walk into a toys r us, I don't feel the same either, when I was young we didn't have nintendo, it was still atari, and commodore 64, and for me toys r us was more about the action figures, you don't see that anymore you see people going straight to the video games (a lot of times). Video games are cool and all, buy you just can't beat the good old action figures, it taught imagination.

Old 02-07-2007, 06:40 AM

143 posts, read 174,584 times
I love Toys R' Us. They have everything, especially the one in NYC.

Old 02-07-2007, 10:17 AM

1,873 posts, read 4,236,483 times
I stay away from the electronic cold behind-the-locked-glass section and prefer to walk through the pink fairytale land of Barbies. I like the board games section too. It's interesting to see how the classic games graphics and packaging changes with the times.

Old 02-07-2007, 11:37 AM

1,806 posts, read 5,706,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iroquoispliskin View Post
When I walk into a toys r us, I don't feel the same either, when I was young we didn't have nintendo, it was still atari, and commodore 64, and for me toys r us was more about the action figures, you don't see that anymore you see people going straight to the video games (a lot of times). Video games are cool and all, buy you just can't beat the good old action figures, it taught imagination.
When I was young we didn't have ATARI. Heh.

I don't remember having a Toys R Us, either...we had Mom & Pop toy stores...seems to me TRU opened down here when I was a teenager and I didn't have any use for it.

Now, well...I have a three year old. MUCH use for it!

Old 02-07-2007, 03:20 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,091,725 times
I think Toys R Us is overpriced and ridiculous. I would never bring a child there; it is set up to appeal to children and I think a child would go bonkers, wanting everything.

Old 02-07-2007, 04:22 PM

892 posts, read 2,371,859 times
I love it except I stay away from it during Christmas.
I always let my son pick out something because I think it is mean to take your child to a toy store and not let them get anything. My child does not run wild or go crazy in the store. He knows if he did he would not get to go or not get to buy something.
Yes, we all go down evey isle and my son sits in all the big power wheels.

Old 02-07-2007, 08:42 PM

79 posts, read 333,692 times
well, ya know what happened, don't ya? why our perceptions of toys r us has changed?

whether or not we wanted to, we grew up. we're not toys r us kids anymore.

sing it with me... "i don't wanna grow up, i'm a toys r us kid!"

Old 02-08-2007, 01:58 AM

892 posts, read 2,371,859 times
not me! still a toysrus kid at 31!

Old 02-08-2007, 04:05 PM

229 posts, read 232,569 times
I liked to wander TRU until they re-did the stores and categorized everything. Kinda took the mystique out of it for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Other Topics