Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2023, 05:03 AM

6,539 posts, read 7,118,145 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post
Except I didn’t state ‘people everywhere’ were being offered the opportunity to order it, lol; obviously, for starters, it’s only available in the US. Rather, specifically, it was those who had a (current) 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS allocation (last fall), for obvious reasons. I thought it was understood relative to my thread.

Porsche has been talking about it since last fall; it’s been answered. :-)

Your ‘local dealer head sales guy’ is feeding you nonsense, despite there being no reason for him to do so - unless he just didn’t want to admit he’s clueless.
How allocations are given out from the dealers standpoint, please tell me how your particular dealer assigns them? There are many people at same point financially, and up the Porsche buying totem pole who are clients of said friend. Yet this small volume dealer only got one or two GT4RS allocations, so the GM has to figure a way to pick the two people who get it. Same with GT3RS, they only received limited allocations from Porsche, so who are the next few to get it from same all qualified boat crowd. Then my friend gets to tell his clients they won’t be getting either model. This deal is used for all GT cars made by Porsche. If 50 people showed up today at this dealer and wanted 911 Turbo S’s, I don’t know if this said dealer could actually get them all. Totally opposite if Champion did this being high volume, high allocation dealer.

Just because I could go on the Porsche NA site and build a GT4RS along with a GT3RS doesn’t mean I’m getting one. I have many friends at this dealership that I hangout with outside of the the actual grounds. I also had a problem vehicle where I was there so much people thought I worked there. I’ve learned a ton on how dealers work that most would be clueless about. Porsche charges them $700+ per month just to run Porsche videos on all the TV’s and are forced to do it. Loaner vehicles are dealer buys them and Porsche pays dealer the depreciation in dropped value from new till when it sells used. Side note, head mechanic friend said Porsche software does not have anything that checks for tunes, via if you decide to tune a vehicle and run into a warranty problem. Audi where he came from does. I asked as my current vehicle might have one from prior owner and I wanted to see if he could determine that, which he couldn’t.

Last edited by wamer27; 05-16-2023 at 05:22 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2023, 08:25 AM

17,280 posts, read 21,998,333 times
I was at my local dealer yesterday, they had a GT4RS and a pair of older 911 RS's. I didn't ask about the new RS.

They got 75K over the 209K sticker for the GT4RS. I didn't even like the car that much to pay even sticker.

Old 05-16-2023, 08:35 PM

8,659 posts, read 3,853,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
How allocations are given out from the dealers standpoint, please tell me how your particular dealer assigns them?
As I stated (and which you can verify with Porsche if you like), relative to the 2023 911 GT3RS Tribute to Carrera limited edition, it was offered to those who had a (current) 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS allocation (last fall) in the US, for obvious reasons. Porsche has been talking about it for several months; hence your point ‘we will never know’ is nonsensical relative to the (extremely limited) option to (custom) order one by way of Porsche’s exclusive extended personalization program last year - as I previously mentioned.

Quote:
Just because I could go on the Porsche NA site and build a GT4RS along with a GT3RS doesn’t mean I’m getting one.
Again, the website doesn’t have anything to do with it, lol. I’ve clearly explained it three times now, as a courtesy and relative to my thread. You’re on your own at this point.

Quote:
I have many friends at this dealership that I hangout with outside of the the actual grounds.
Quote:
I also had a problem vehicle where I was there so much people thought I worked there. I’ve learned a ton on how dealers work that most would be clueless about.
That said, can we get back on track (pun intended :-) relative to the subject of my thread (and focus less on your dealership friends). Heh, thanks much!

Old 05-16-2023, 09:18 PM

Quote:
As I stated (and which you can verify with Porsche if you like), relative to the 2023 911 GT3RS Tribute to Carrera limited edition, it was offered to those who had a (current) 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS allocation (last fall) in the US, for obvious reasons. Porsche has been talking about it for several months; hence your point ‘we will never know’ is nonsensical relative to the (extremely limited) option to (custom) order one by way of Porsche’s exclusive extended personalization program last year - as I previously mentioned.

Again, the website doesn’t have anything to do with it, lol. I’ve clearly explained it three times now, as a courtesy and relative to my thread. You’re on your own at this point.

That said, can we get back on track (pun intended :-) relative to the subject of my thread (and focus less on your dealership friends). Heh, thanks much!
Every person who has a 992 GT3RS allocation will want this Tribute, how are they deciding who gets the 150 they are making? You have never given this answer. More than 150 people have GT3RS allocations, so many people aren’t getting the Tribute that want it.

Old 05-16-2023, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Every person who has a 992 GT3RS allocation will want this Tribute, how are they deciding who gets the 150 they are making? You have never given this answer. More than 150 people have GT3RS allocations, so many people aren’t getting the Tribute that want it.
It’s not every person, lol; I’ve given the answer several times, but I can’t force you to understand it. It already took place; hence the reason initial deliveries have already begun. Again, I stated CURRENT US i.e. at the time it was announced LAST YEAR (and I imagine a significant percentage of that very small number opted against doing so or weren’t aware of such in time). Keep in mind it comes in at roughly double the price easily, with available customization per the exclusive personalization program.

Old 05-18-2023, 05:21 AM

Quote:
It’s not every person, lol; I’ve given the answer several times, but I can’t force you to understand it. It already took place; hence the reason initial deliveries have already begun. Again, I stated CURRENT US i.e. at the time it was announced LAST YEAR (and I imagine a significant percentage of that very small number opted against doing so or weren’t aware of such in time). Keep in mind it comes in at roughly double the price easily, with available customization per the exclusive personalization program.
The question I was asking was basically what were Porsche’s requirements in detail to be in the 150….as in you must have bought 964 Flatnose Turbo S (local guy bought one 5 years ago for $850k from a museum and I got to see it when brought it to dealer and my service friend drove it) a 935 original, plus newer one, Carrera GT, every GT3, GT4, 918, etc, etc, etc. This wouldn’t be made public though. What you mentioned from Porsche on paper makes sense.

Someone posted one driving up to a coffee and cars type show and mentioned the price of $650k for it. Wonder what the resale will be, though that will probably be awhile before one hits secondary market. The 911R was $1m in secondary market right when it came out a few years ago. Now they are in the $500k range.

Last edited by wamer27; 05-18-2023 at 05:30 AM..

Old 05-18-2023, 03:47 PM

Quote:
The question I was asking was basically what were Porsche’s requirements in detail to be in the 150….
How much more detail do you need than what I’ve given you a dozen times? Okay, maybe it was only three or four, but it sure feels like twelve. Heh, are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you sincerely not understand?

Here you go:

Quote:
That said, it appears you are going to continue to highjack my thread, Wamer. Enjoy!

Old 05-18-2023, 05:02 PM

Quote:
How much more detail do you need than what I’ve given you a dozen times? Okay, maybe it was only three or four, but it sure feels like twelve. Heh, are you being deliberately obtuse, or do you sincerely not understand?

Here you go:

That said, it appears you are going to continue to highjack my thread, Wamer. Enjoy!
What you just said everyone who has a GT3RS allocation is getting the Tribute which is what Porsche says and is pretty captain obvious. So when 1,000 people have the allocation, how are they choosing the 150 out of the 1,000 who get it? Answer me that. This is the question I’ve been asking the entire time. I just asked my friend who works for Porsche, I’ll see what he says. The only way a person at my dealership is getting a GT3RS allocation is if they’ve bought sh*t loads of prior high end models over a many, many, many years from only this dealership.

Old 05-18-2023, 05:18 PM

Quote:
What you just said everyone who has a GT3RS allocation is getting the Tribute which is what Porsche says and is pretty captain obvious. So when 1,000 people have the allocation, how are they choosing the 150 out of the 1,000 who get it? Answer me that. This is the question I’ve been asking the entire time. I just asked my friend who works for Porsche, I’ll see what he says. The only way a person at my dealership is getting a GT3RS allocation is if they’ve bought sh*t loads of prior high end models over a many, many, many years from only this dealership.
Wow. At the time - NOT NOW. Folks were able to order them last year. No way there were 1000 US allocations on the books as of late summer/early fall. Also, as I previously mentioned, consider the price difference (realistically almost double) i.e. it doesn’t mean everyone who could have been eligible would have opted to do so and/or they may have not received notification in time.

Are you asking him again, lol? Your friend previously told you (incorrectly) the GM was going to decide, remember?

Quote:
My local dealer head sales guy is my friend and the GM has his own way to give out allocations, but they don’t tell the clients this.

Old 05-18-2023, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Wow. At the time - NOT NOW. Folks were able to order them last year. No way there were 1000 US allocations on the books as of late summer/early fall. Also, as I previously mentioned, consider the price difference (realistically almost double) i.e. it doesn’t mean everyone who could have been eligible would have opted to do so and/or they may have not received notification in time.

Are you asking him again, lol? Your friend previously told you (incorrectly) the GM was going to decide, remember?
The friend told me how his particular dealership was allocating GT3 and GT4RS. He said it’s up to the GM to decide who is given the few allocations that the dealer was given from Porsche. Every dealership runs this way. It’s the only way clients are even given a GT3RS and Tribute, and the new classic 911, even a GT3.

Porsche will look to see who are the highest selling dealerships in the country and give them the Tribute cars, they are rewards for making Porsche more money.

Reality is the question I’m asking is what GM’s and dealer owners know, but we won’t ever. I’ll quit posting about it now. Have a great day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche