Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2023, 03:28 PM

25,919 posts, read 12,943,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wamer27 View Post
The Plaid only beats a Porsche SUV around the ring by 2 seconds. And Taycan already beat Plaids time by 3 seconds….so what were you saying again?
What is the range of the Taycan vs. Plaid? Price?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2023, 07:42 AM

8,740 posts, read 3,911,134 times
Quote:
I just asked my friend who works for Porsche, I’ll see what he says.
Quote:
He said it’s up to the GM to decide who is given the few allocations that the dealer was given from Porsche.
Where does your friend work i.e. what dealership?

Quote:
Porsche will look to see who are the highest selling dealerships in the country and give them the Tribute cars, they are rewards for making Porsche more money.
The dealerships that sold the most Cayennes (best-selling model last year) or highest sales, as a whole, is essentially meaningless relative to a GT3RS limited-edition of a special-edition, so to speak, sans addressing the specific customer i.e. money talks, obviously. It’s not the GM’s cherry-picked choice.

Quote:
Reality is the question I’m asking is what GM’s and dealer owners know, but we won’t ever. I’ll quit posting about it now. Have a great day.
My point is that a customer with a then-current allocation for the GT3RS (shortly after the time of the reveal last August) knew; it wasn’t a secret.

Old 07-17-2023, 01:38 PM

6,578 posts, read 7,182,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorporateCowboy View Post

My point is that a customer with a then-current allocation for the GT3RS (shortly after the time of the reveal last August) knew; it wasn’t a secret.
Then tell me how Porsche decided who of the GT3RS allocations gets to have the tribute car? That’s the only question I’ve been asking all along. Surely Porsche and dealerships make all this public knowledge.

Old 07-18-2023, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Then tell me how Porsche decided who of the GT3RS allocations gets to have the tribute car? That’s the only question I’ve been asking all along.
You (continue to) assume an extremely small number re: eligibility is a guarantee of sale/purchase (on either end). If need be, obviously, there is an element of (extended) customer loyalty/established relationships at-play; however, that’s far different than suggesting the largest or best-selling dealerships (overall) were ‘given’ the cars as a reward in order for the GM to cherry-pick a buyer sans any thought to loyalty or a specific customer (pertaining to a limited-edition of a special-edition).

Quote:
Surely Porsche and dealerships make all this public knowledge.
I know they made it known to (loyal) Porsche customers who had an allocation at the time; that said, if it were general public knowledge, why didn’t you (or your dealership friend) know - even several months into the process.

Old 07-18-2023, 08:42 AM

I just learned it from a guy online who owns $30m worth of super and hyper cars, he’s on a podcast explaining how allocations work. It’s politics and who you know. He went into details about Bugatti pulling his allocation for Chiron SS because of how he’s driven is current Chiron on his YouTube channel. He got another from an another broker in Beverly Hills whose client backed out, had to wire $600k that day and $1.4m 4 days later for the deal to work. This is the answer on who’s getting the tribute cars.

What I was saying about allocations is the high selling places get way more then low volume. Guaranteed Champion Porsche in Florida is getting more GT3RS allocations than any other dealer in country. My local one might get one, the neighboring one (same dealership ownership) will get one or a few.

Old 07-18-2023, 10:26 AM

Quote:
I just learned it from a guy online who owns $30m worth of super and hyper cars, he’s on a podcast explaining how allocations work. It’s politics and who you know.
I thought you learned your (previously inaccurate) information by way of your dealership friend. Obviously, ‘politics and who you know’ equates to customer loyalty and an ongoing relationship with Porsche/the dealership. That said, I can only speak to the 2023 911 GT3RS Tribute to Carrera limited-edition and its potential availability to those who had a (current) 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS allocation shortly after the reveal.

Keep in mind this took place several months ago, lol; what’s your issue with it now?

Quote:
Guaranteed Champion Porsche in Florida is getting more GT3RS allocations than any other dealer in country.
I’m skeptical re: Champion Porsche as the largest seller of all 911s (in the US), specifically/currently; it certainly has had its share of scandal.

Old 07-18-2023, 11:23 AM

Quote:
I thought you learned your (previously inaccurate) information by way of your dealership friend. Obviously, ‘politics and who you know’ equates to customer loyalty and an ongoing relationship with Porsche/the dealership. That said, I can only speak to the 2023 911 GT3RS Tribute to Carrera limited-edition and its potential availability to those who had a (current) 2023 Porsche 911 GT3 RS allocation shortly after the reveal.

Keep in mind this took place several months ago, lol; what’s your issue with it now?

I’m skeptical re: Champion Porsche as the largest seller of all 911s (in the US), specifically/currently; it certainly has had its share of scandal.
My sales friend said it was up to his GM (boss) on who would get the GT3 allocations, they had a prior system that covid changed.

The YouTube guy said he hates the allocation industry, especially with other brands, he mentioned lots of shady dealings. He spoke briefly about the new Pagani Utopia he got ordered with it being a very limited numbers car, said it was 10 fold harder to get a spot then others, but he didn’t give details.

I see what Champion posts on their Facebook page of RS’s coming in. They also had the first tribute in the country. The top place gets #1.

Old 07-19-2023, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Porsche will look to see who are the highest selling dealerships in the country and give them the Tribute cars, they are rewards for making Porsche more money.
Quote:
My sales friend said it was up to his GM (boss) on who would get the GT3 allocations, they had a prior system that covid changed.
Your friend is wrong (and it’s bizarre, if he actually works for a Porsche dealership). The GM isn’t going to remove the sales team nor the specific customer (per Porsche’s methodology) relative to the enhanced, exclusive personalization available on the GT3RS Tribute to Carerra limited-edition (which easily catapults the price by $200k+ or more, in and of itself, on top of the initial difference as well as added fees/price premiums. It effectively (more than) doubles the price; hence, it’s been my point all along, by comparison (to mine).

(Porsche) eligibility, loyalty and money talks - not the GM, lol.

Quote:
I see what Champion posts on their Facebook page of RS’s coming in.
Most 911 enthusiasts/buyers across the country recognize Champion for their scandal(s) relative to such.

Last edited by CorporateCowboy; 07-19-2023 at 08:21 AM.. Reason: added quote/response

Old 07-19-2023, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Your friend is wrong (and it’s bizarre, if he actually works for a Porsche dealership). The GM isn’t going to remove the sales team nor the specific customer (per Porsche’s methodology) relative to the enhanced, exclusive personalization available on the GT3RS Tribute to Carerra limited-edition (which easily catapults the price by $200k+ or more, in and of itself, on top of the initial difference as well as added fees/price premiums. It effectively (more than) doubles the price; hence, it’s been my point all along, by comparison (to mine).

(Porsche) eligibility, loyalty and money talks - not the GM, lol.

Most 911 enthusiasts/buyers across the country recognize Champion for their scandal(s) relative to such.
Well ****, I was out with him outside of the dealership and I asked who was getting the GT3 (this was long before GT3RS was designed and shown to public as the GT3 wasn’t even built yet) as he’s the top sales guy and he said they didn’t even know if they were even getting one allocation or not. This was when demand for 911’s was highest it’s ever been in the height of covid. This wasn’t this year. He said specifically the GM was choosing who of the 100 people who wa t it get it. So yes, sales staff was eliminated then. Said friend told his clients he had no clue who’s getting it if they are even given an allocation. This is a low volume dealer problem with highest possible demand car at the time.

I don’t know about Champion at all in current or past, but to be #1 in country or world they must be doing something better than all others? Isn’t there a dealer in LA that has mass quantities of P cars. I remember seeing it often in 2011 when I was looking for something…Woodland Hills?

Old 07-21-2023, 12:13 PM

Quote:
I don’t know about Champion at all in current or past, but to be #1 in country or world they must be doing something better than all others?
I assumed it is where your ‘dealership friend’ works, as you continually reference both. However, largest doesn’t necessarily equate to #1 - particularly relative to 911 sales, specifically, and their recent scandal(s). Market size and direct competition are significant factors.

That said, Porsche Ontario was ‘Dealer of the Year’ (US) relative to overall consumer satisfaction (which is a more meaningful marker for ‘better’); Mill Valley ranks up there as well, at least in my book. :-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Porsche