Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2010, 08:18 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,525,383 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthnbell View Post
Well, if you want to go that route...the same logic could be applied to gays. Maybe they should just get over it as well. "Who cares if they complain? Let them complain." Heck, that argument could work both ways. Oh wait...but me saying that would make ME a bigot..right? And what exactly does that make you?
This doesn't make me anything. It invalidates whatever non-point you were trying to make and makes you look like a clown. It's quite obvious that you're anti-gay but afraid to admit it. My point is clear, there is no middle ground to be concerned with. Gays deserve to be exactly who they are wherever they are including the military and nobody else's religious beliefs should matter. Religion shouldn't matter period. You can continue to try and justify your non-points in an attempt to hide you anti-gayness but the blinds are wide open. Just be honest, it's cool, nobody knows who you are or cares.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2010, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Really?

Why isn't there a chasllenge before the US Supreme Court ?

The last time the state Supreme Court in my state had a case of gay marriage, they ruled that Minnesota's law that defines marriage as between one man and one woman does not violate anyone's rights.
Segregation and slavery were once legal. Does that mean there were no racist?

Old 05-31-2010, 08:23 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,787,582 times
The homophobes are losing, and that's the bottom line.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:01 PM

34 posts, read 39,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
The homophobes are losing, and that's the bottom line.

"Homophobes"?? If you really knew me, you would realize how funny that truly is, LOL!!

The only thing we are losing at is the name calling game. None of you have offered up your own solutions to the issues that I have laid out except to say "it is easy" or "it is not an issue" or "you're a bigot/anti-gay". It is obvious that some of you have no idea how the military works and apparently dont care. And obviously you dont care about the gay spouses/families that are going to really be the losers in all of this because people are more interested in pushing through an agenda, than trying to put forth a policy that is going to take the considerations of all parties involved.

And I still want to know why you think I am a homophobe? I am just seeing the issue from all sides, something that some of yall are apparently incapable of doing.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
"Homophobes"?? If you really knew me, you would realize how funny that truly is, LOL!!

The only thing we are losing at is the name calling game. None of you have offered up your own solutions to the issues that I have laid out except to say "it is easy" or "it is not an issue" or "you're a bigot/anti-gay". It is obvious that some of you have no idea how the military works and apparently dont care. And obviously you dont care about the gay spouses/families that are going to really be the losers in all of this because people are more interested in pushing through an agenda, than trying to put forth a policy that is going to take the considerations of all parties involved.

And I still want to know why you think I am a homophobe? I am just seeing the issue from all sides, something that some of yall are apparently incapable of doing.
The only sides this issue has are the contrived ones you create for it. You've presented nothing to disprove. Gay soldiers should be allowed to be as free in the military as the straight soldiers, fat soldiers, atheist soldiers, muslim soldiers, black soldiers etc with none of your bogus caveats.

Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 PM

412 posts, read 943,633 times
Quote:

One issue you keep bringing up is Tricare, and how the domestic partners and spouses of gay service members will be covered. I mentioned this before - I believe that the federal government has already addressed this with DOMA. Until DOMA is repealed, I'm pretty sure they won't be covered.

People probably think you're a homophobe because of the nonsense you wrote about how it isn't fair for "Christian" soldiers to be forced to be around gay soldiers.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:32 PM

20,342 posts, read 37,479,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
Segregation and slavery were once legal. Does that mean there were no racist?
And so hanging by the neck, the guillotine was legal, death penalty by a firing squat was legal, marrying young girls (children) was legal, and so forth. But that was then, and this is now.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skchi View Post
One issue you keep bringing up is Tricare, and how the domestic partners and spouses of gay service members will be covered. I mentioned this before - I believe that the federal government has already addressed this with DOMA. Until DOMA is repealed, I'm pretty sure they won't be covered.

People probably think you're a homophobe because of the nonsense you wrote about how it isn't fair for "Christian" soldiers to be forced to be around gay soldiers.
I don't think that heterosexual families living on base or on post will take very well having a homosexual couple next door for their children to be exposed to. More than likely what will happen is that heterosexual military members won't reenlist, or just get out of the military. Maybe the military can have separate barracks or barrack floors to keep these different groups separate from each other. After all, in the military the women are kept separate from the men. They just don't shower together or live in the same buildings or rooms.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:41 PM

2,104 posts, read 1,450,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayinAK View Post
I don't think that heterosexual families living on base or on post will take very well having a homosexual couple next door for their children to be exposed to. More than likely what will happen is that heterosexual military members won't reenlist, or just get out of the military.
So you speak for all military hetero couples, eh?

I was in the Army, lived in post housing with my wife, and I could have cared less what my neighbors did with their genitals.

It's only people like you who make it an issue. You fixate on the sex act, and strip homosexuals of all the rest of their humanity, in the process. You distill their entries lives down to who they choose have sex with. Sad.

Old 05-31-2010, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
The only sides this issue has are the contrived ones you create for it. You've presented nothing to disprove. Gay soldiers should be allowed to be as free in the military as the straight soldiers, fat soldiers, atheist soldiers, muslim soldiers, black soldiers etc with none of your bogus caveats.
As free? Have you ever been in the military? Why do you think the term "GI" is always used by soldiers. Translation of "GI" = government issue (owned by the government, and tried under the UCMJ. If homosexuals can have the same rights, so swingers, bisexuals, those which fetishes, peeping Toms, and so forth. They all should have the same rights, since everything comes down to sexual practices or preferences, and none of these are illegal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies