Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 08:31 AM

3,849 posts, read 3,764,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Not at all.

That scene from Deliverance was about humiliation and domination.

Straight men gang raping another man to humiliate him.

Straight men have done this sort of thing fro thousands of years. They are not getting off on sexual attraction to another man but getting off on the control and humiliation...showing the other guy "who is the "boss".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
I thought the conversation had shifted from a movie to RL. And in RL if a man has sex with same and opposite genders, regardless of motivation and/or consent given, the man is indulging in bisexual sexual activity.
RL or a movie, the explanation is the same. If there is no consent, it is rape and the motivation for it is to "show the other guy who's boss". And it has nothing whatsoever to do with bisexuality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 09:16 AM

14,810 posts, read 16,254,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMcQ LV View Post
RL or a movie, the explanation is the same. If there is no consent, it is rape and the motivation for it is to "show the other guy who's boss". And it has nothing whatsoever to do with bisexuality.
Can we just agree to disagree and put an end to this tennis match???

Old 06-03-2010, 10:12 AM

12,309 posts, read 9,790,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunucu Beach View Post
Can we just agree to disagree and put an end to this tennis match???
The heart of the problem we face today is the huge portion of the population that simply cannot think for themselves and are thus programmed with every new psycho-babble pronouncement emanating from the radical left.

They seem to have lost sight of the fact that there is a multitude of ways preferable to homosexual rape to "show someone who's boss". John Wayne and Clint Eastwood seem to have managed.

Old 06-03-2010, 04:46 PM

14,810 posts, read 16,254,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrownVic95 View Post
The heart of the problem we face today is the huge portion of the population that simply cannot think for themselves and are thus programmed with every new psycho-babble pronouncement emanating from the radical left.

They seem to have lost sight of the fact that there is a multitude of ways preferable to homosexual rape to "show someone who's boss". John Wayne and Clint Eastwood seem to have managed.
LOL. Yes, I really did "laugh out loud". Perfect example of how two 100% heterosexual men would handle the problem.

Old 06-04-2010, 10:36 AM

Quote:

Oh for pete sake! NO ONE has said that rape is "preferable" to ANYTHING! Explaining the motivation for something is NOT the same as endorsing it.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Oh for pete sake! NO ONE has said that rape is "preferable" to ANYTHING! Explaining the motivation for something is NOT the same as endorsing it.
And once again you miss Cunucu Beach's point that no normal heterosexual man would ever commit homosexual rape. She is absolutely right.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And once again you miss Cunucu Beach's point that no normal heterosexual man would ever commit homosexual rape. She is absolutely right.
And you both seem to have either missed or dismissed the fact that rape - whether man on woman, man on man, woman on man or woman on woman - is NOT about sex or sexual orientation at all. It is about POWER and exerting that power on another person. Of COURSE there is something wrong with any person who would exert such force upon another human being. But the fact that any man would rape another man does NOT make him homosexual.

Old 06-05-2010, 09:54 AM

1,364 posts, read 2,925,055 times
Quote:
Both you and CB need to do some reading as you are way off the mark. It's useless debating as you two are refusing to look at the studies and facts that Jaymax and LV are referencing. Just because you say your line of thinking is correct doesn't make it correct. I'll go by the data collected by the professionals and the fact I've worked with sexual victims/abusers......yes it can be all about power/control.

Quote:
And you both seem to have either missed or dismissed the fact that rape - whether man on woman, man on man, woman on man or woman on woman - is NOT about sex or sexual orientation at all. It is about POWER and exerting that power on another person. Of COURSE there is something wrong with any person who would exert such force upon another human being. But the fact that any man would rape another man does NOT make him homosexual.
Truth is spoken here.

Old 06-05-2010, 10:49 AM

Quote:
One of the greatest dangers we face as a nation is the growing numbers of people who have adopted the progressive agenda as their sole mission in life and primary reason to get out of bed each morning. They euphorically embrace without question or common sense filter anything and everything published by psycho-babblers on the radical left - and they have been doing so for a generation now.

To contend that there is NO sexual component to a rape, whether heterosexual or homosexual, is simply ludicrous and absurd on its face. And to buy into such new-age nonsense is to be a magnet for purveyors of insult to intelligence everywhere.

MsMcQ, I'm sure you are a very nice and well-meaning person. But, based on your writings that I have seen, it is clear to me that you have subordinated yourself completely to the progressive cause and have excluded from your mind all though processes that might cast doubt upon the validity of any and all arguments that originate with the purveyors previously mentioned.

So....I just want to wish you well and suggest that we simply agree to disagree about....well....almost everything - with the possible exception of corporate criminals. I'll bet we have some common ground there.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Quote:
One of the greatest dangers we face as a nation is the growing numbers of people who have adopted the progressive agenda as their sole mission in life and primary reason to get out of bed each morning. They euphorically embrace without question or common sense filter anything and everything published by psycho-babblers on the radical left - and they have been doing so for a generation now.
Wow! You sure do make an awful lot of assumptions based on four-five lines of text about my position on this matter. Let me clue you in:
1. I have no clue about this "progressive agenda" and don't know what the heck you're ranting about.
2. My "primary reason" for getting out of bed in the morning is to look once again on this beautiful world that God has provided for us all.
3. Common sense is no such thing because not every person perceives the world in the same way, so there is nothing "common" about our senses.

Quote:
To contend that there is NO sexual component to a rape, whether heterosexual or homosexual, is simply ludicrous and absurd on its face. And to buy into such new-age nonsense is to be a magnet for purveyors of insult to intelligence everywhere.
Oh please! Where did I ever say there was no sexual component to rape? What I said was that the sex was not the MAIN component. Nor is it the motivation. In other words, rape is not about sex, it is about the power the rapist feels over his/her victim.

Quote:
MsMcQ, I'm sure you are a very nice and well-meaning person. But, based on your writings that I have seen, it is clear to me that you have subordinated yourself completely to the progressive cause and have excluded from your mind all though processes that might cast doubt upon the validity of any and all arguments that originate with the purveyors previously mentioned.
Again, I have no clue what this "progressive agenda" might be that you keep spouting off about. As for 'excluding thought processes', it seems to me that it is you who have done so. I come by my understanding of rape, not from listening to anyone, but through experience. Though I have never been raped, I have come close enough times to understand that the rapist's motives have much more to do with the power they falsely feel they have over me and less to do with even the idea that they could or would have sex with me than you might imagine. You might want to ask a rapist sometime about why they rape.

Quote:
So....I just want to wish you well and suggest that we simply agree to disagree about....well....almost everything - with the possible exception of corporate criminals. I'll bet we have some common ground there.
Sorry, but no. When it comes to this subject as well as a few others, I cannot simply "agree to disagree". I'm trying to get you to think. I'm afraid I'm coming to the conclusion that you won't ever think beyond your own beliefs, but there ya go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies