Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:07 PM

688 posts, read 1,498,410 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
However, again Gays already do serve. If this were an actual issue and something to be concerned about (and not made up stuff from bizzaro world) don't you think this would have already been an issue?? How is this all of a sudden an issue when gays serve openly if its not an issue when gays serve in the closet??
I think you are missing the point of what I'm trying to say, the practical and biological issues were there in past time as now, human anatomy and physiology haven't changed a lot in many thousands of years. No, none of this stuff I said is from "bizarro world", have seen plenty of this stuff in E.R.'s (and this in civilian world), and read also about in medical journals, knew 2 different retired closet gay soldiers personally that served years ago in Vietnam that talked candidly to me about such things, some just ascertained from "common sense".
Nevertheless, you have a great evening, and sorry if I offended you, nothing political or moralistic, as mentioned before, meant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 10:18 PM

1,179 posts, read 979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
Ok, for a second, let's forget about the morals, the "gay vs straight", the legal ramifications, it's a "sin" or "abomination", AIDS, Hepatitis B, etc, etc., aspect of this, look more at the practicalities (whatever your sexual orientation to me, I don't give a damn). Repeated anal sex will simply lead to hemorrhoids, fissures, prolapses, proctitis, incontinence (as in crapping on yourself involuntarily), sore ass, etc., etc. You want to fight a battle against the enemy with sore butt, leakage and/or bleeding from the rear, prolaspe and/or hemms, crapping on yourself, anal warts and/or gonorrhea, the list goes on and on. This isn't a treatise on whether for or against gays in military, but practicalities of what happens if you are gay and in active service, especially on battlefield or in jungle or desert conditions or other primitive conditions for weeks or months.
I'd imagine that if you were in combat the odds of you crapping your pants would skyrocket to begin with. You're "argument" however is ridiculous, I mean...really REALLY ridiculous.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:21 PM

1,179 posts, read 979,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
1 You do realize straight people have had anal sex??
Only homosexuals have anal sex, didn't you know that?

Old 06-01-2010, 10:53 PM

22,270 posts, read 19,599,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxpwas View Post
I think you are missing the point of what I'm trying to say, the practical and biological issues were there in past time as now, human anatomy and physiology haven't changed a lot in many thousands of years. No, none of this stuff I said is from "bizarro world", have seen plenty of this stuff in E.R.'s (and this in civilian world), and read also about in medical journals, knew 2 different retired closet gay soldiers personally that served years ago in Vietnam that talked candidly to me about such things, some just ascertained from "common sense".
Nevertheless, you have a great evening, and sorry if I offended you, nothing political or moralistic, as mentioned before, meant.
Yet this hasn't been heard anywhere else, not to mention this has nothing to do with serving openly or not....

Old 06-01-2010, 10:56 PM

22,270 posts, read 19,599,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Love View Post
I'd imagine that if you were in combat the odds of you crapping your pants would skyrocket to begin with. You're "argument" however is ridiculous, I mean...really REALLY ridiculous.
The argument would be funny if it wasn't made seriously.

Old 06-02-2010, 05:59 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,453,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I think knowing what gays have done and are trying to do that there is an outstanding chance that once they get dadt done away with they will then go after DOMA. Am I wrong?
And the problem with that would be....?

And why would you think that it is only gay people who want DADT and DOMA done away with?

Old 06-02-2010, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
Speaking of gays and " squeeling"-------reminds me of the movie Deliverance.
You mean where the straight guys raped the straight guy?

Old 06-02-2010, 06:04 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,792,580 times
Homosexuality is totally incompatible with military service, period.
Anyone who says anything different is pushing a political agenda....

period....

Old 06-02-2010, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy Cells View Post
Homosexuality is totally incompatible with military service, period.
Anyone who says anything different is pushing a political agenda....

period....
No it's not.

Gay people have been serving openly for years in other countries.

http://www.palmcenter.org/publicatio...g_the_evidence

Quote:
...the full lifting of the ban on gay service has not led to any identifiable negative effects on troop morale, combat effectiveness, recruitment and retention, or other measures of military performance. Furthermore, available evidence suggests that policy changes associated with the lifting of the ban may have contributed to improvements in productivity and working environments for service members.

Old 06-02-2010, 06:50 AM

9,802 posts, read 16,280,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post

Let those other countries fight the wars,then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies