Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2009, 06:10 PM

900 posts, read 673,770 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
Really wandering far into fantasy land today?Now then,back to the real world.For starters,the Republican National Committee has a chairman.His name is Michael Steele.Mr. Steele would be astounded if and when he found out that he was considered a non person by the organization he chairs.Not very logical is it,but then again,when are liberals ever logical?
In typical cynical Republican fashion, they thought that if they appointed a figurehead black guy as their Chair, they'd somehow counteract Barack Obama.

I do find it interesting that when the Republican National Committee meets, his is the only black face in sight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Predos View Post
So even when proven wrong you try to wriggle out of admitting it. Sounds like a dem to me.

In what way exactly did you 'prove me wrong'? Do you have any concept of the evolution of political parties, or do you assume that the Republican Party of 2009 is still the party of the left and the Democrats of 2009 are still the Party of the Right?

Never mind, I know the answer to that one.

Can you possibly have that simplistic a view of politics?

Old 12-08-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Oh DEAR lord don't tell me you are THIS ignorant...

Trying to make political hay over political party stances from 150 years ago?

It is clear that you know zilch about the evolution of the political parties over time as the two have done an almost 180 degree role-reversal since the era of the Civil War.
Yes. He is.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:18 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,417,672 times
Harry Reid is a partisan moron. Doubtful that he will return after the next election.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:46 PM

2,917 posts, read 4,768,182 times
Thumbs up Black Activists Condemn Senate Leader Harry Reid Playing the Race Card in Health Care Debate

Quote:
Washington, DC - Recent race-related comments made by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV) are highly offensive and historically inaccurate, say members of the Project 21 black leadership group.

"Harry Reid has resorted to the most shopworn trick in the liberal playbook. He deployed the race card in the ugliest way while debating health care reform," said Deroy Murdock, a Project 21 member and a media fellow with the Hoover Institution on War, Revolution and Peace at Stanford University.
Pretty bad when a group of Black Activists pound Reid for some of the most flagrant words known. I hope this backfires on his butt so much he loses any credibility he ever thought he had. I salute them.

Black Activists Condemn Senate Leader Harry Reid Playing the Race Card in Health Care Debate

Old 12-08-2009, 06:54 PM

3,074 posts, read 4,727,560 times

If Reid's bill passes we will all be slaves.........then it's time to take back this country...

Old 12-08-2009, 07:07 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,828,106 times
Harry Reid's History Lesson - WSJ.com Obama is in the tank, Harry is making ridiculous remarks like this, 2010 is right around the corner, I believe the pendulum has just about topped out to the left, and it is waaaaaay up there, you know what that means.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:16 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,021,053 times
Quote:
more like slaves to the health insurance companies instead. Rep. Grayson from Florida was right. The GOP plan is if you don't have health insurance in this country you will die.
I haven't read all the responses, but wouldn't want to let this one get away.
The Republican plan was to encourage competition among insurance companies by allowing purchasers to cross state lines to better offers elsewhere. Sounds like the fair market system would sort things out the right way, instead of the democrat boondoggle at a time of dire economic upheaval and a weak dollar. This Obama plan, which appears to be everchanging is going to have a major impact on the economy, whichever way it finally settles into law.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:02 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,427,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimMe View Post
Well, Bob, if the Republicans have not engaged in the process it's because they have been shut out of that process. The bill currently being debated in the Senate was written behind closed doors by Reid and Rahm Emanuel. To date every attempt by the Republicans to amend the bill, and thereby make it truly bipartisan, has been voted down by the Dem majority. Bottom line, however, if this bill fails to pass it will be because Democrats have failed to support it.
If the Republicans had wanted to be a part of the process, they could have been a part of it for the 8 years prior during which they controlled the White House and effectively controlled the Congress. They simply don't want to do anything to change the system we have.

Old 12-08-2009, 08:26 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,496,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
If the Republicans had wanted to be a part of the process, they could have been a part of it for the 8 years prior during which they controlled the White House and effectively controlled the Congress. They simply don't want to do anything to change the system we have.
there you go again, typing without knowing what you are talking about

the 'republicans' controlled congress?????

under bush:
107th congress( 3 Jan 2001- 22 Nov 2002) : senate 50-50
108th congress ( 7 jan 2003- 9 dec 2004): senate 51r-48d-1i
109th congress (4 Jan 2005- 8 dec 2006): senate 55r-44d-1i
110th congress (4 jan 2007- 3 jan 2009: senate 49-49-2
and two (2) of the republicans were snow and and the guy from PA, who was a dem became a rep, and is now a dem again.........so who controlled congress?????

and let's not forget, that at least one step of 'health care' reform was passed during those eight years, medicare perscription plan

under obama
111th congress (6 jan 2009- current): senate 58d-2 id- 40r

funny how when faced with facts that you always scream, 'oh look at the last 8 years'........well I have news for you...look at the last 20 years

oh and btw...when I posted, I didnt even mention anytype of party...I just said the reid is a jerk

I dont care if that statement came from the left or the right, from a democrat, a liberal, a conservative, or a republican...IT WAS WRONG....especially with THAT GARBAGE BILL

reminder of what I said......

I was answering your......"""Amazing how Fox News spins it to be all about partisan politics and nothing about what Reid was addressing -- the bigger issue of being on the moral side of historic legislation.....and how the righties on the board followed Fox like the good little sheep they are."""

and I said ...."""reid was talking about being on the moral side of a legislation????

how is it MORAL to MANDATE that I BUY health insurance from either private or a 'government' option

sorry but MANDATING that someone BUY is NOT MORAL....its SLAVERY""""

and I stand by that statement
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies