Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 05:08 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,204,296 times

Advertisements

pin up poster for gay soldiers-------Corporal *****

pin up poster for lesbian sailors-----Bossun Mate Bulldyke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 06:35 PM

597 posts, read 1,299,111 times
I'm amazed at how the homosexuality issue arouses such heated debate, with so many people participating with their opinions.
I did no think the issue aroused so much interest.
Why will be??

Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,471,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
"If you're going to San Francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair."
what hair, them days are over.

Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,116,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
I'm amazed at how the homosexuality issue arouses such heated debate, with so many people participating with their opinions.
Why will be??
I swear that I think that the only topics of interest on this foum are; 1. Black people, 2. Homosexuals, 3. Illegal immigrants.

Take away those topics and the forum would shrink by half. Why? Darned if I know.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:19 PM

1,025 posts, read 1,754,020 times
Don't ask, don't tell, has got to be one of the dumbest policies I've ever heard of. You can serve if you are gay, but you have to lie about it. It makes no sense. Why should a gay person have to lie about their partner and lifestyle, while straight men/women, can freely talk about their families. It's dumb to spend tons of money on training, and then discharge them, because of their sexuality.

All this mess about unit cohesion and morality is bs too. I bet if there was an emergency today and they needed draft, they wouldn't have an issue with gays.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:22 PM

436 posts, read 874,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I swear that I think that the only topics of interest on this foum are; 1. Black people, 2. Homosexuals, 3. Illegal immigrants.

Take away those topics and the forum would shrink by half. Why? Darned if I know.
Those three also consume may be 50% of American court cases, well representative.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:36 PM

9,538 posts, read 16,535,934 times
I say let people be who they are. Gays have been in the military for decades doing the job assigned to them. Many have done excellent work, and yet have been booted out just because it is suspected they are gay. I mean really what a bleeding joke. The job has nothing to do with being gay or st8, it is the ignorant discrimnatory policies that are the problem not the gay servicemember.

What should be the most diverse segment of American society the military, is actually the biggest abuser of discrimination. There are many gay servicemembers that lie in graves all over the world, yet had to lie to serve their country. Its long over due to end this foolishness and just let people be themselves.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:43 PM

9,803 posts, read 16,204,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I say let people be who they are. Gays have been in the military for decades doing the job assigned to them. Many have done excellent work, and yet have been booted out just because it is suspected they are gay. I mean really what a bleeding joke. The job has nothing to do with being gay or st8, it is the ignorant discrimnatory policies that are the problem not the gay servicemember.

What should be the most diverse segment of American society the military, is actually the biggest abuser of discrimination. There are many gay servicemembers that lie in graves all over the world, yet had to lie to serve their country. Its long over due to end this foolishness and just let people be themselves.
What should be the most diverse segment of American society the military---

????????????????

I believe you are confusing jury duty with military service

Old 10-13-2009, 11:16 PM

25,157 posts, read 53,969,846 times
So. Those are the best topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post

Old 10-14-2009, 12:57 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,690,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAZILIAN View Post
Why will be??
You're dealing mostly with Americans here. Our culture has major hangups with sexuality compared to many other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies