Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2009, 07:23 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,558,852 times

Advertisements

The greatness of the Obama presidency will not be affected by the petty, nitpicking on unimportant issues by his detractors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2009, 07:25 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,426,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The greatness of the Obama presidency will not be affected by the petty, nitpicking on unimportant issues by his detractors.
Sorry, I am not into Obama worship and I think you are mistaken.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:27 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I just saw a pig fly by.
Wearing bright red lipstick.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happytexan View Post
wearing bright red lipstick.

lol!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Sorry, I am not into Obama worship and I think you are mistaken.
I love America, therefore I support our President of the United States

Old 09-13-2009, 07:41 PM

1,862 posts, read 2,388,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Hi. Today I heard one of THEM talking about the fraud in those Scooter Chairs. The numbers of them that have been bought for people who don't need them. I wonder how THEY find out who does need them and who doesn't. Surely some doctor has to sign on for the purchase. Do you suppose that some doctors do that and then they sell the chairs cheap to people who do need them. Something seems to be there. I wonder if they know about over $60 billion a year in Scooter Chairs. Those things must really be expensive.

I wonder if you really think that single payer wouldn't lead directly to socialized medicine. Do you think like that?
You know, I must say that whenever I see those 'Scooter' chair commercials I'm thinking... sounds like a scam to me. As to how they find out who does need them and what Doctor prescribed them, I don't know. I don't work at the Medicare fraud department. My post was in reference to the OP who said that Office of Inspector General has been investigating this for years. Made it sound like to me that he felt it was covered and that more fraud couldn't be discovered. I don't think that's the case and I think that you have pointed out a good example. I was going to say thanks but that would've been sarcastic and I don't want to go there... know what I mean?

Anyway, my point is/was, there is waste that can be eliminated. How? I don't know.... and I doubt if you do either. Point being, I know that some fraud is out there... I think more has to be done to prosecute those that are involved. They do catch folks every once in awhile:
38 Individuals Arrested For Alleged $142M In Medicare Fraud
But more has to be done to catch these pr*cks. By the way, I did a google on scooter chair fraud and didn't see anything on it. Where did you get the $60 billion number? Christ, if you know about a $60 billion scooter chair fraud, you better contact the Medicaid fraud hot line:
Medicare.gov - How to Report Medicare Fraudwe

Do you consider Medicare socialized medicine? Haven't they done good by you? They may have funding problems but considering their overhead of something like 4%, I'd rather see some of money go to that program than feeding some insurance company's profits and CEO's bonus. Don't you think?

Old 09-13-2009, 07:42 PM

Quote:
I love America too and I do not support a President who deliberately lies. I think Obama is a disgrace to our country.

Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,446,175 times
Quote:

I love American also that is why I do NOT support the Presidents policies.

Question: Did you support Bush when he was President?

Old 09-13-2009, 07:48 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,589,524 times
Quote:
What greatness ? He's only been in office for 7 months or so.
He's a newbie that's never held a position of leadership.

Many people do not consider allowing illegals access to a public healthcare plan "unimportant".

Old 09-13-2009, 07:52 PM

Quote:
I love America too and I do not support a President who deliberately lies. I think Obama is a disgrace to our country.
Did you express these views with the same zeal during the Bush administration? They lied.

There were lies about the reasons for invading Iraq and thensome. I did not like what Bush and his administration did but I had a respect for the office of the Presidency.

I loved American more than I disliked Bush....that's how it should be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies