Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 06:55 PM

26,882 posts, read 15,440,812 times

Advertisements

Warning: Ignore claims that 3.9 million people signed up for Medicaid because of Obamacare

President Obama's administration has been giving out a highly misleading account of the number that is enrolling in Obamacare.

Obama's official tweet, recently says that 6 Million people have enrolled due to healthcare reform and "That's a Fact."

No, Obama, it is a gross distortion like much of your presidency.

3.9 Million of those people enrolled in medicaid and no one really knows how much of that is due to new provisions in the law versus the growing poverty rate in this country during the "Obama recovery" that has been increasing those on medicare before the law.

Some estimates are suggesting that only 200K to 400K of the 3.9 Million new medicare enrolees are due to Obamacare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 08:28 PM

8,014 posts, read 5,930,715 times
I don't know who mans the Twitter feed for the Blight House, but they send out a LOT of tweets that start with "FACT:"

Of course, 95% of them are anything BUT fact. His game plan is the usual Obama ploy: Lie about everything, knowing that the MSM will not call him on it.

I cannot wait until we can flush the toilet on this turd.

Old 01-16-2014, 08:31 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,945,132 times
The Obama administration included people who were already on medicaid and had to sign up again.

Just like they included people who lost their insurance due to Obamacare then the Obama administration counted them as people who "wanted" Obamacare. I doubt the people who lost their insurance would have signed up if they didn't lose their insurance.

"If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance"
-- Barack Obama

And Obama continues to get away with lies.

Old 01-16-2014, 09:29 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,761,247 times
0bama is a LIAR. He LIED.

The horrible word "mislead" needs to be banished.

Old 01-16-2014, 10:17 PM

1,716 posts, read 2,519,038 times
Washington Post: Obama Misleads on Obamacare Enrollees

Is there a forum for 'old news'?

Old 01-17-2014, 07:26 AM

3,600 posts, read 6,811,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
The Obama administration included people who were already on medicaid and had to sign up again.

Just like they included people who lost their insurance due to Obamacare then the Obama administration counted them as people who "wanted" Obamacare. I doubt the people who lost their insurance would have signed up if they didn't lose their insurance.

"If you like your insurance you can keep your insurance"
-- Barack Obama

And Obama continues to get away with lies.
The most important data I am interested in the the true number of "new" paying subscribers who were previously uninsured. At this point I don't care if they get subsidies or not.

But we need more paying customers into the system. The Goal of the ACA is to get people on be sidelines who were priced out of health insurance. It should be at least a 50/50 ratio of putting people into the free stuff (mediciaid) and into paying customers who were previously uninsured.

Right now. We have no clue how many of the so called 2 million who have enrolled into the exchanges were previously uninsured. Government or health insurance companies have that data.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:34 AM

24,620 posts, read 19,353,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
The most important data I am interested in the the true number of "new" paying subscribers who were previously uninsured. At this point I don't care if they get subsidies or not.
You'll never know.

It was all lies. 50 Million uninsured? That was a lie. The Census Bureau even admitted it was a lie. "The ends justify the means."

It was an expensive lie....

Mircea

Old 01-17-2014, 09:03 AM

3,600 posts, read 6,811,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
You'll never know.

It was all lies. 50 Million uninsured? That was a lie. The Census Bureau even admitted it was a lie. "The ends justify the means."

It was an expensive lie....

Mircea
I actually believe the 45-50 million uninsured number. Those are the facts.

But numbers can be spinned once you start looking into it.

Close to 15 million of the uninsured have incomes over $75k. Around 20 million uninsured are under the age of 35. Considering most young are healthy. Clearly affordability isn't the main driving factor to being uninsured. We all know how cheap it is to get major comprehensive medical that already included preventive services for the young.

By my own estimates. At worst we have around 20 million "uninsurables" mostly do to a cost factor.

The ACA still will leave 20-30 million uninsured. It's a zero sum very costly law that doesn't dramatically improve the true number of uninsured.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:17 AM

423 posts, read 416,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntwrkguy1 View Post
I don't know who mans the Twitter feed for the Blight House, but they send out a LOT of tweets that start with "FACT:"

Of course, 95% of them are anything BUT fact. His game plan is the usual Obama ploy: Lie about everything, knowing that the MSM will not call him on it.

I cannot wait until we can flush the toilet on this turd.

I got a tweet for them...

FACT: MaoBama needs to be hauled from the Oval Office via his testicles.

Old 01-17-2014, 09:20 AM

8,014 posts, read 5,930,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
I actually believe the 45-50 million uninsured number. Those are the facts.

But numbers can be spinned once you start looking into it.

Close to 15 million of the uninsured have incomes over $75k. Around 20 million uninsured are under the age of 35. Considering most young are healthy. Clearly affordability isn't the main driving factor to being uninsured. We all know how cheap it is to get major comprehensive medical that already included preventive services for the young.

By my own estimates. At worst we have around 20 million "uninsurables" mostly do to a cost factor.

The ACA still will leave 20-30 million uninsured. It's a zero sum very costly law that doesn't dramatically improve the true number of uninsured.

And therein lies the problem.....the problem that nobody in the media is talking about.

Obamacare truly is a zero sum law. We'll have just as many uninsureds AFTER Obamacare as we did before.

But......

BECAUSE OF Obamacare, the majority of people will be paying significantly more for their health insurance. Whether it is through higher premiums, higher deductibles, or higher out-of-pocket expenses, it does not matter. The bottom line is that things are going to get very expensive for a large number of Americans.

But you'll never get THAT information from The Blight House, because Obamacare is all about unicorns and gum drop raindrops. You'll hear the occasional story how a person who couldn't get insurance due to pre-existing conditions now gushes with exuberance over the power of Obamacare. But the millions of people who suddenly saw their expenses skyrocket because of Obamacare? You won't hear that from Obama or the MSM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies