Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 02:09 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times

Advertisements

Rachel Maddow Eviscerates Pat Buchanan Again - rachel maddow - Gawker

Those who were against Affirmative Action, this should change your mind on the issue. Well at least the very least it should change your pro patriotic view.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
4,196 posts, read 5,844,425 times
I don't listen to that madcow dude. he's handsome though.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:20 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,250,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefinalsay View Post
I don't listen to that madcow dude. he's handsome though.
I dont watch her show either. Actually I dont really care for her and her smugness.

HOWEVER, she is completely on point here.

This is just pure facts.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:26 PM

Location: I currently exist only in a state of mind. one too complex for geographic location.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
I dont watch her show either. Actually I dont really care for her and her smugness.

This is just pure facts.
who ever claimed "whites" built this country?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:27 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,053,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post

This is just pure facts.
The Butch of MSNBC.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:28 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,298,453 times
Quote:
Uh, Pat Buchanan, the guy she debunked.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:30 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,960,239 times
Quote:
Do you ever read city-data/politics and controversies!

Old 07-21-2009, 02:31 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Oh, one of MSNBC's resident strawman builders.

What a menagerie they have over at that network: Maddow, Olberfeuhrer, Chris Matthews...

They make Fox look mild by comparison.

Old 07-21-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
Uh, Pat Buchanan, the guy she debunked.
so 1 guy said it, and it's a story?

Old 07-21-2009, 02:38 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,558,314 times
Buchanan, as I recall, never preached that "whites built America". What he DID say...(and I agree), is that the basic premise of this 'new' nation, started only a couple of centuries ago), that allowed ALL of us to come here and flourish in freedom and to 'do our best, that basic 'framework' was drafted by a small, rather select, even 'odd' group of mostly-British dissidents, who were so 'out there' that they didn't even trust their OWN society (England) and who came here to 'get away'. Buchanan credits the 'odd' beliefs of this tiny group (the 'Founding Fathers') with the unique system that became the world's 'shining destination' for our incredibly diverse ancestors.

Buchanan (as I recall) went on to say that America is unique...and its system is unique...and that IF America had been 'started' by any OTHER group...(the French...the Spanish...Africans...Chinese...Catholics...Irish.. .Arabs...Greeks...Hindus, etc..ANY other group) that it probably would NOT have turned out the way it did. I agree. (America wasn't started by MY group, either...I'm just a 'beneficiary', like most of us)..

I didn't hear the interview, but I don't see any of the above as saying "whites built America". What it should say is "a very FEW, unusual, odd group of English Protestants sat down and INVENTED our unique system".

If Buchanan actually said 'whites built America', then he was wrong. But I doubt he said that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies