Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 03:27 PM

9,898 posts, read 10,847,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
[url="http://gawker.com/5319207/rachel-maddow-eviscerates-pat-buchanan-again"]Well at least the very least it should change your pro patriotic view.
And that really is the goal afterall right............... Just confirmed what I already knew about both, Pat is a man who can never go back home, after leaving to join the other clowns in the reform party, but he does loves his country and is still right on most of the issues most of the time. Rachel Madcow, an anti American "female" ? version of olberman who makes a living by pointing out everything that is wrong with our country, and attacking those who are more succesful than herself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2009, 03:31 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,966,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
because it wouldnt have been
Only in your fantasy!

RAHOWA!!

I got cha!

Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 PM

4,050 posts, read 3,966,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
And that really is the goal afterall right............... Just confirmed what I already knew about both, Pat is a man who can never go back home, after leaving to join the other clowns in the reform party, but he does loves his country and is still right on most of the issues most of the time. Rachel Madcow, an anti American "female" ? version of olberman who makes a living by pointing out everything that is wrong with our country, and attacking those who are more succesful than herself.
What exactly did she say that supports this statement?

Did she sat something anti-American?

Old 07-21-2009, 04:14 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,752,173 times
"Whites were 100% of the people who died at Gettysburg and Vicksburg."

OpEdNews » Mything the Point of "White Men Built This Country."

Union and Confederate Indians in the Civil War

Old 07-21-2009, 04:25 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,577,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
Watch the video.
I have very bad luck opening videos here, so I almost never do...and it sounds like I missed the point of this one.

I was paraphrasing from what I'd previously heard Buchanan to say....(the part about our 'unique' system)....which I didn't understand him to assign to any particular 'whiteness' of its founders, as much as their uniqueness.

"Whites built America"? That's not true...."Whites" didn't even FOUND America...It was founded by a tiny 'splinter group', not by 'whites' in general. And, as I said, if it had been founded by anybody else...(even if they were 'white') its freedoms would PROBABLY not have happened.

But I agree. "Whites built America" is a misstatement, because plenty of others were involved.

Whites "built" many places...including most of Europe. But none of them are like the US, nor are any of the places that NON-whites built, either. We're pretty much unique in that regard, and it isn't because of the 'whiteness' of our founders, it's because of the system they created. It was a 'first' at that time, and it remains pretty rare today.

Sorry for commenting on a video I didn't get to see.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:35 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,433,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Pat has a couple of valid points....

No nonwhites wrote the Constitution.
No nonwhites signed the Declaration.
Very few nonwhites died at Gettysburg and Vicksburg.

He's also right about the racial proportion of the country in the 1960s.

But he's wrong with his use of the phrase "built this country." The contributions of African-, Mexican, and Chinese-Americans to the construction of our infrastructure and industrial plant is substantial.

I'd give Pat a B- and Rachel Maddow a D.
They are substantial & not to be ignored. But the country they contributed to was created & conceived by white guys. No big deal, just the truth.
I find it ironic that every ill that they allowed is pointed out so vindictively but its bad mojo to recognize the great things they did acomplish. They sure enough built this country.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:40 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,104,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Whites did build this country. Weren't the people who were responsible for building America white? If you think not, then what were they? If you think "white" is something that refers to modern day white Americans only you're wrong. Whites came from Europe where ALL ancestors of the white race came from. Weren't the colonials that came here European white people? So again, if it wasn't white people who built this country, who did?

I agree and to deny that is petty.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:42 PM

3,770 posts, read 4,990,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by obo View Post
Whites did build this country. Weren't the people who were responsible for building America white? If you think not, then what were they? If you think "white" is something that refers to modern day white Americans only you're wrong. Whites came from Europe where ALL ancestors of the white race came from. Weren't the colonials that came here European white people? So again, if it wasn't white people who built this country, who did?
Whites built our country on the back of slaves and made it the best country in the world!

So Blacks helped too!

Old 07-21-2009, 04:44 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,013,942 times
It was a melting pot but the founding father that set itup were europeans.

Old 07-21-2009, 04:50 PM

13 posts, read 7,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
1# was "white men invented 99% of everything on Earth
Can you name one invention from a Black African from Africa? (Not a White South African or African-American).

I don't understand what that obnoxious mouthpeace keeps repeating. This country was 90% White until the 1960s-1970s so of course the Supreme Court Justices would be White. It wasn't until recently that we can the multi-racial pot the media would have you believe.

Sorry - but it was Whites from Europe that built this country. It certainly wasn't anyone else... just look at the African-Americans who went back to Africa and founded Liberia.. it quickly went back into traditional African-type society/rule compared to Whites who went and founded South Africa.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies