Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2009, 08:28 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,128,260 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Well actually, if you think about it, BECAUSE Latino is not a "race," people feel more comfortable criticizing "Latino" culture.

Just as people criticize redneck culture, or ghetto culture.

While I am sure there are exceptions, (and I don't want to make too many excuses for people who really are against anyone that doesn't look exactly like them), I think the dissatisfaction with "Latinos" comes from the culture clash. The Spanish, the flag waving, etc. The "Latino," alone, just for being and existing, does not raise the ire in the majority of cases.
I can attest to what you are saying line for line.

Here in the Phx area we have a huge problem with 'naco' (lower class) Mexican culture--------which is not helped by the huge and insolent illegal alien criminal population.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2009, 08:40 PM

256 posts, read 479,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoRE_Miracle View Post
You posted a photo of an indigenous person. We were talking about people from Latin-Am countries with 100% European ancestry. That's why no one gets your point.
I posted a picture of a woman who the U.S government classifies as being White Hispanic. Many of the Hispanics in America, who the U.S government considers to be "white", look like that woman. Only a small fraction of white Hispanics are blued eyed, blond types. Most are dark haired, dark skinned, and have obvious indigenous traits.

Also it doesn't matter if some Latin Americans look very white. The ones migrating to America, the ones who I'm concerned with, look like the woman whose picture I posted.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:43 PM

256 posts, read 479,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crisp444 View Post
Look at my profile picture. I am not atypical for a "Hispanic" person from a middle class area in South Florida. You'd be surprised at the amount of Hispanics of full or nearly-full European origin down there.
You're a small minority in the white Hispanic community. Most Hispanics in America who are classified as white, do not look white.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:46 PM

75 posts, read 248,826 times
With the present administration in Washington, there is alot of racism against white people of European descent. When the stimulus package was passed a few months ago, we were told that white males need not apply for jobs supposedly created by it. Now that is racism.

Old 07-03-2009, 08:49 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scientifical Madness View Post
Oh, oh, oh! I wanna say what my row of neighbors look like... and this includes us (white folk) ...lol...

1. dominican from NY
2. asians
3. asians
4. white - from NY
5. white - natives! that's us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6. hispanic
7 hispanic
8. black
9. indian/pakistani
10. white
11. hispanic
12. black/white mixed family - florida natives - very nice!!!
13. whites - from NJ
14. hispanic
15 hispanic
16 asian
17. black
this made me laugh....how in the world did we all become "row's of neighbors?" HA HA !! Guess it's the condo thingy.

So yeah you prove ANNERK's post as well as mine, we don't live in communities that are 'non diverse'

Old 07-03-2009, 08:54 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,545,312 times
Quote:
As long as you know about the humidity - nothing like Charlotte gets, and also the "feels like" temps... if that doesn't scare you (we've hit weeks straight already of "feel like" temps in the 110's), then weather shouldnt be a problem! And if you can stand it for 6 months... is that doesnt scare you, FL weather will be a "breeze."

PS - Where are you, Fort Mill or Rock Hill?
Fort Mill/Tega Cay

Fort Mill front yard, Tega Cay back yard, kid you not.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:42 PM

552 posts, read 592,396 times
^^^Ahh... I know the area a little bit, but not a lot.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:45 PM

552 posts, read 592,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
this made me laugh....how in the world did we all become "row's of neighbors?" HA HA !! Guess it's the condo thingy.

So yeah you prove ANNERK's post as well as mine, we don't live in communities that are 'non diverse'
Yes, our neighborhood is, or my street is you could say, but there are other streets where almost everyone is hispanic. On my street, I'd say it's 40% hispanic, 25% asian, 20% white and 15% black. I dont live in a condo, we live in detached houses, but we are packed in like sardines.

Old 07-03-2009, 09:48 PM

8,377 posts, read 30,898,943 times
Quote:
On my street, I'd say it's 40% hispanic, 25% asian, 20% white and 15% black. I dont live in a condo, we live in detached houses, but we are packed in like sardines.
Flip Asians with white and that sounds like Pembroke Pines, lol.

Old 07-03-2009, 10:22 PM

1,382 posts, read 2,385,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loillon892 View Post
Just an observation. Pick any post here written by someone dissatisfied with life in southeastern Florida (or increasingly, Orlando.) They'll go into the usual litany about traffic, rude people, bad schools, etc. etc. And almost without fail, they'll launch into a diatribe about how their neighborhood, or their city or their county, has been overrun by "those people." They'll link "those people" to derelict neighborhoods, blaring music at 3 AM, crime, drug dealing, and just about any other social ill that you can envision. They'll label "those people" as dirty, lazy, unintelligent, impolite, unwilling to assimilate and intent on destroying the country. For good humor, they'll usually even throw in a line or two of broken Spanish.

Of course, this is just as racist as anything to ever come out of George Wallace's mouth. But let's be honest here - if somebody on this forum started running off at the mouth about n-word this and n-word that, nobody would tolerate it. That person's account would probably be suspended. But whole threads here have become so hateful and vitriolic in their bashing of Latino immigrants (and Latino citizens in many cases, I might add) that they would surely make Lou Dobbs and Tom Tancredo blush.

So why is there a double standard on race? This happens in real-world Florida as well - Blacks seem to be "off limits" but hatred against Hispanics is fair game - but the anonymity of the Internet allows the racists - via sites such as this - to avoid any restraint or attempts at civil decorum.
Leesen meester n i wheel tel yu somting.
First George Wallace was a democrat. That has nothing to do with your question but it is something everyone should know.
If your looking for civil decorum you will need to go to the gardening section. Besides, your the one who came here accusing the good folks of City Data of being rude, cowardly racists. What's up with that?
I have lived in foreign countries and made a decent attempt not to offend the locals with behaviors that I find innocent and normal back home that they don't approve of. I am a guest. But the Mexicans (97% are so it's not raciest to call them Mexicans) bring the 3rd world with them. And they are crippling state economies. There's a high price to pay for that cheap labor. And I am sick of those parties. And them bothering my wife.
They have lowered the trade wages to 1980s levels. Makes it tough
for a guy with a family to compete with a youngster living in a garage.
I was born and raised a Californian. But we're leaving for good this summer.
One of the demographic requirements for our new home was zero 'Hispanics'.
You all enjoy yourselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies