Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2022, 10:04 PM

40,998 posts, read 18,372,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Trump cut legal migration by 50%. Unfortunately that increases asylum and illegal entries. It’s not going to stop.
Not with the border being open it won’t, and even during a pandemic was great stuff. Gotta get those votes in. At least they won’t be getting shipped to Florida now, and Sleepy Joe shipping them to NY.

Old 10-10-2022, 10:07 PM

1,368 posts, read 493,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXstate0fmind View Post
Canada has plenty of space. Let's put them there.
Sorry, Canada has higher standards. Like most countries they actually vet you and make sure you can contribute something. Unlike usa who gives you phones, cash, food, attorneys, shelter, and for alot of them a monthly.

Old 10-10-2022, 10:21 PM

719 posts, read 709,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
The lunatics running the asylum have opened the border to anyone and everyone who wants come in. The 3 million a year figure often quoted for 2021 is just the *known* apprehensions, so easily double or triple that number. 2022 looks to break that record so assume at least 10 million illegals will come in by years end. That is an utterly insane (and frightening) number to most normal people who just want to live in a peaceful and safe country of laws and order.

So to all of you who voted for Biden and the new woke democrats, who did not even hide their intention to open borders during the sham 2020 basement campaign, I ask how much is enough? Give me an upper limit to the number of illegal aliens the United States can absorb without a collapse of public services and social order? Do you think we've passed that upper limit given the existing illegal immigrant population + legal immigration rates?

And please no comparisons to the Ellis Island days. That was a controlled entry of people when the nation desperately needed labor and had a frontier to settle. I'm talking about uncontrolled open borders of the 21st century.
The whole purpose of the Democrat's open border is to pack those red states until they turn blue. Notice where Pensil Neck Biden has those flights in the middle of the night flown to, all red states.They care nothing about the people they are just pawns to stay in power, its so obvious. The woke crowd is the useful idiots Lenin talked about. They also have to allow illegals to vote, oh wait a minute.. Don't they have a current bill to Federalize voting and take it away from the states? How convenient.

Old 10-10-2022, 10:25 PM

50,681 posts, read 47,542,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Not with the border being open it won’t, and even during a pandemic was great stuff. Gotta get those votes in. At least they won’t be getting shipped to Florida now, and Sleepy Joe shipping them to NY.
Give all the sanctuary cities all we can. Feel the pain fools. We that live on the border have had enough of this insanity. Welcome to our world.

Old 10-10-2022, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepie2000 View Post
The OP does actually have a very good question that is always ignored. How many immigrants is the right amount? How is that determined? Conservatives always say there are too many, but how do you know? How do you determine how many we should allow in? How do we know if we should double the amount let in or half it?
Trust me, we have enough. I had a hard time finding a job because I don't speak Spanish.

Old 10-10-2022, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
CNN says it was a 48-hour enrichment to the MV. That they couldn’t get rid of fast enough.
When the story broke I posted in this forum that they would be rounded up and shipped out Pronto.

Old 10-10-2022, 11:52 PM

3,415 posts, read 4,490,840 times
I talked to an open border proponent at a birthday party last year. She was pretty adamant in her beliefs, but wasn't worth a damn in a friendly debate. I pressed her on whether should we just let anyone who bought a plane ticket or crosses the border to live/work here, and she just dodged the question and responded with "I believe in compassion." I asked her whether we should maintain a visa/immigration system, and her response was... "I believe in compassion." I decided she wasn't worth my time and went on circulating through the party. You'll never get a clear answer from any of these folks. All they know is how to obfuscate the issue, deflect, and ignore.

Old 10-11-2022, 12:10 AM

14,342 posts, read 4,689,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
I talked to an open border proponent at a birthday party last year. She was pretty adamant in her beliefs, but wasn't worth a damn in a friendly debate. I pressed her on whether should we just let anyone who bought a plane ticket or crosses the border to live/work here, and she just dodged the question and responded with "I believe in compassion." I asked her whether we should maintain a visa/immigration system, and her response was... "I believe in compassion." I decided she wasn't worth my time and went on circulating through the party. You'll never get a clear answer from any of these folks. All they know is how to obfuscate the issue, deflect, and ignore.
I live in LA and i see liberals like that all day every day

"I believe in compassion"

and then they go run back to their gated HOA enclosed behind a wall/fence to keep the poor people out.

Old 10-11-2022, 04:39 AM

29,590 posts, read 19,782,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Are you a judge now?
You don't have to be a judge to know that people seeking asylum need to apply at a port of entry and not just try to walk across the border which is why its illegal.

Old 10-11-2022, 04:45 AM

29,590 posts, read 19,782,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
Trump cut legal migration by 50%. Unfortunately that increases asylum and illegal entries. It’s not going to stop.

50%? what? No he didn't. Unless you're talking about the restrictions put in place during the pandemic which happened in most countries.

Quote:
The number of legal immigrants admitted to the United States fell from 1,183,505 in FY 2016 to 1,096,611 in FY 2018, a drop of 86,894 or 7.3%
https://www.forbes.com/sites/stuarta...h=7b729fe66e99

I'm an immigrant. Don't justify what line jumpers do. They are insulting to those of us who followed the rules to come to this country.

Have a look. Basically the same number of legal immigrants arrived in the US under Trump as under Obama and much more so than during the Clinton years back in the 90s

https://www.dhs.gov/immigration-stat...ok/2019/table1

Last edited by chicagogeorge; 10-11-2022 at 04:59 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies