Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2022, 04:12 PM

43,674 posts, read 18,720,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
I would like a list of policies that make Biden's administrations be "open borders". I would like to see an analysis of illegal entries pre-pandemic and current, how much is the increase?
I dont support uncontrolled immigration, I do support amnesty laws and humane treatment of asylum seekers. You will lose me if you start taking hard stances, like separating families as a deterrent, lines like "send them all back", I agree with reasons why you dont have local authorities police immigration, if you want to call that support for "sanctuary cities" then so be it, I think the bad consequences from that are greater than the positive from increased apprehensions.
I have not changed my views on immigration since 05, i think its a wedge issue that is more beneficial unsolved for the both parties. I have 0 problems with clarifying the asylum laws so that economic reasons are no viable, if you want to implement first country of refuge laws, fine by me. I just want a speedy trial.
Well gee....CBP puts out a monthly report and even has charts with years gone by.
Why not visit the site and that will give you all your answers....

Oh and would you like fries with that "order" ?

https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/s...der-encounters

Old 10-10-2022, 04:21 PM

6,457 posts, read 2,785,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
It's common courtesy to answer a question before asking another.

Where have you ever seen a quote from anyone saying they want the border open?
Do you have a quote? Or an interview of someone, anyone, saying they want open borders?

(BTW, it's ok to say you can't find such a quote if none exists. )
A typical game of Liberals is to get hung up on semantics and play word games to distract from the actual issue. So far several pages of "give me a quote".

You are right I doubt anyone used the specific phrase "open borders". But when you see the effects of the policies of this administration, and the record number of people entering this country illegally, there are really only two words for it..."open border". When you cancel projects that would keep people from entering illegally there are really only two words for it..."open border". When you have policies that encourage people to cross into the US illegally there are really only two words for it "open border".

So you can keep saying no one ever used the term "open border", but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck...well it's a duck.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:26 PM

14,267 posts, read 7,014,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
[/indent]
Do you have a quote? Or an interview of someone, anyone, saying they want open borders?

Dems even stopped building the wall to enable them to come in.

Nah, you’re a Dem so I’m asking if you don’t want it open? Sounds like you don’t want to answer the question. Wonder why.

Wonder why you can't find a quote to support your own claim. You are trying to infer something from unrelated information.
Trump built mostly replacement fencing/wall plus another 50 feet. He stole the money to do that from the funds meant to build schools on military bases.

Stopping the pilfering of those funds is not the same as a Dem or anyone else saying they want open borders.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:26 PM

13,694 posts, read 20,857,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post
A typical game of Liberals is to get hung up on semantics and play word games to distract from the actual issue. So far several pages of "give me a quote".

You are right I doubt anyone used the specific phrase "open borders". But when you see the effects of the policies of this administration, and the record number of people entering this country illegally, there are really only two words for it..."open border". When you cancel projects that would keep people from entering illegally there are really only two words for it..."open border". When you have policies that encourage people to cross into the US illegally there are really only two words for it "open border".

So you can keep saying no one ever used the term "open border", but if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and swims like a duck...well it's a duck.
This ^

Rather than deny it, why don't they tell us why this is so great?

Old 10-10-2022, 04:29 PM

41,015 posts, read 18,345,766 times
Quote:
Dems even stopped building the wall to enable them to come in.

Nah, you’re a Dem so I’m asking if you don’t want it open? Sounds like you don’t want to answer the question. Wonder why.

Wonder why you can't find a quote to support your own claim. You are trying to infer something from unrelated information.
Trump built mostly replacement fencing/wall plus another 50 feet. He stole the money to do that from the funds meant to build schools on military bases.

Stopping the pilfering of those funds is not the same as a Dem or anyone else saying they want open borders.[/quote]

Lol…and Dems stopped building the wall because they want them coming in. You won’t answer the question because you don’t want the border closed. You want them coming in and only complain about taxpayers money being used on them when DeSantis and Abbott spread the wealth and ship them out versus Sleepy Joe doing the exact same thing.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankNSense View Post

If you think it's only semantics, then stop saying that Dems want open borders. Maybe talk about the specific policies instead, as you have done above.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:34 PM

Quote:
If you think it's only semantics, then stop saying that Dems want open borders. Maybe talk about the specific policies instead, as you have done above.
If they don’t want them open then why haven’t they closed them, especially during a pandemic where millions of unvaxxed, untested, and exempt from the shot came into the country while Dems were crying for vaccine mandates?

Do you want the border closed?

Old 10-10-2022, 04:43 PM

Quote:
If they don’t want them open then why haven’t they closed them, especially during a pandemic where millions of unvaxxed, untested, and exempt from the shot came into the country while Dems were crying for vaccine mandates?

Do you want the border closed?
I don't know the answer to your question in this post.

It seems you have a problem answering when someone asks you for proof of something you say. Maybe you will be more judicious in how often you ask others for proof in other threads.

Why don't you write your Congress critters to ask why so many asylum seekers are being allowed into the country these days. Ask why Congress has not addressed the immigration issue for decades. Hint: it is not just Dems who keep avoiding the issue.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:45 PM

Quote:
I don't know the answer to your question in this post.

It seems you have a problem answering when someone asks you for proof of something you say. Maybe you will be more judicious in how often you ask others for proof in other threads.

Why don't you write your Congress critters to ask why so many asylum seekers are being allowed into the country these days. Ask why Congress has not addressed the immigration issue for decades. Hint: it is not just Dems who keep avoiding the issue.
In other words, Dems want them open as there’s zero reason to keep them open, especially during a pandemic.

In other words, you won’t answer the question because you don’t want the border closed, and only complain about taxpayers money being used when DeSantis and Abbott do the same thing as Sleepy Joe. I’m sure it wasn’t cheap to ship 17K illegals to NYC, but haven’t heard any Dems complaining about it, except for those that don’t want them in their backyards.

Old 10-10-2022, 04:47 PM

Quote:
In other words, Dems want them open as there’s zero reason to keep them open, especially during a pandemic.

In other words, you won’t answer the question because you don’t want the border closed.
You just wrote what you think. Not what I think.

In case you thought you were a mind reader, I have news for you.

BTW. You still haven't given proof to the original question. Sigh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.