Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-10-2022, 08:01 PM

10,372 posts, read 10,792,643 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Anybody who is against building the Mexican Border Wall is woke.

It doesn't matter whether they call themselves Democrat, Republican, independent or whatever.
How does a wall stop the immigrants requesting asylum?

Old 10-10-2022, 08:03 PM

40,998 posts, read 18,401,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Then they might want to abstain from participating in a thread, which you are doing, sort of.
…and interesting they insist their questions be answered

Old 10-10-2022, 08:05 PM

3,406 posts, read 1,935,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
The lunatics running the asylum have opened the border to anyone and everyone who wants come in. The 3 million a year figure often quoted for 2021 is just the *known* apprehensions, so easily double or triple that number. 2022 looks to break that record so assume at least 10 million illegals will come in by years end. That is an utterly insane (and frightening) number to most normal people who just want to live in a peaceful and safe country of laws and order.

So to all of you who voted for Biden and the new woke democrats, who did not even hide their intention to open borders during the sham 2020 basement campaign, I ask how much is enough? Give me an upper limit to the number of illegal aliens the United States can absorb without a collapse of public services and social order? Do you think we've passed that upper limit given the existing illegal immigrant population + legal immigration rates?

And please no comparisons to the Ellis Island days. That was a controlled entry of people when the nation desperately needed labor and had a frontier to settle. I'm talking about uncontrolled open borders of the 21st century.
America can never have enough illegals! Just ask Joe, Kamala, and Nancy! Just think how many American CITIZENS they will produce!! And how many jobs they will take from Hispanics and Latinos already here!

Old 10-10-2022, 08:14 PM

63,528 posts, read 29,609,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansible90 View Post
Trump built mostly replacement fencing/wall plus another 50 feet. He stole the money to do that from the funds meant to build schools on military bases.

Stopping the pilfering of those funds is not the same as a Dem or anyone else saying they want open borders.
It doesn't matter whether it was replacement walls or not as they were well needed. Splitting hairs are we now? He didn't steal any money. If defense funds aren't for also defending our own border then I don't know what is.

The Dems don't want "virtual" open borders then why won't they finish the wall? Why are they constantly promising amnesty, healthcare and other goodies for illegal aliens? They won't even sign an e-verify law to stop the employers from hiring them. Why are they for sanctuary cities? Why were they crying "racial profiling" when a LE officer had reason to suspect they were in our country illegally? The list goes on and on how they want "virtual" open borders.

Old 10-10-2022, 08:16 PM

63,528 posts, read 29,609,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
It doesn't, duh. It deters 90% of illegals from sneaking in illegally and undetected.

Old 10-10-2022, 08:45 PM

33,750 posts, read 12,898,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uconn97 View Post
There is a difference between a lot more people entering this country illegally than have in the past versus the term "open border". Maybe learn the difference. The term "open border" is just a stupid moniker used by the anti-illegals crowd to make themselves feel better. The US does not have open borders.

So you aren't anti-illegals ?

Old 10-10-2022, 08:49 PM

25,026 posts, read 9,763,973 times
It’s never enough.

Just so long as you don’t put them in the rich liberal utopias of America.

Old 10-10-2022, 08:52 PM

25,026 posts, read 9,763,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
How does requesting asylum stop the immigrants from making anchor babies?

The entire system is flawed.

Old 10-10-2022, 08:57 PM

33,750 posts, read 12,898,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We also have laws about hiring illegal aliens and penalties for doing so. The problem is that the Democrats won't sign a mandated e-verify law to prevent it. Many illegals work for cash. How can that be traced? I wonder how the Canadian government handles that?

I believe that Canada also protects it's border better but they don't have a border with Mexico so that makes it easier for them.

Beat me to it.

Old 10-10-2022, 09:13 PM

35,879 posts, read 21,325,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by minnomaboidenapolis View Post
The lunatics running the asylum have opened the border to anyone and everyone who wants come in. The 3 million a year figure often quoted for 2021 is just the *known* apprehensions, so easily double or triple that number. 2022 looks to break that record so assume at least 10 million illegals will come in by years end. That is an utterly insane (and frightening) number to most normal people who just want to live in a peaceful and safe country of laws and order.

So to all of you who voted for Biden and the new woke democrats, who did not even hide their intention to open borders during the sham 2020 basement campaign, I ask how much is enough? Give me an upper limit to the number of illegal aliens the United States can absorb without a collapse of public services and social order? Do you think we've passed that upper limit given the existing illegal immigrant population + legal immigration rates?

And please no comparisons to the Ellis Island days. That was a controlled entry of people when the nation desperately needed labor and had a frontier to settle. I'm talking about uncontrolled open borders of the 21st century.
Trump cut legal migration by 50%. Unfortunately that increases asylum and illegal entries. It’s not going to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies