Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 202 39.61%
No 259 50.78%
Unsure 49 9.61%
Voters: 510. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2023, 07:17 PM

19,266 posts, read 27,944,559 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post

I fully understand that Ukraine doesn't have unlimited manpower. What I mean is, even if there was undeniable proof that 10,000 Ukrainians have already been killed in the counteroffensive, it doesn't affect my view of the war. It doesn't mean Ukraine is going to give up. It doesn't mean America will stop sending more and more advanced weapons, or training more Ukrainian soldiers.

Ukraine will keep fighting until either Ukraine runs out of Ukrainians or western support collapses. When will that be? I don't know. Ukraine has done a wonderful job of propagandizing the Ukrainian people and dehumanizing the Russians. Ukraine and the West control everything the Ukrainians see and hear. And currently, Ukraine has a near total blackout of all information related to the counteroffensive. They don't know what is happening.

Moreover, the west doesn't care how many Ukrainians are killed. So who is your audience for your claims of how many Ukrainians have been killed?

16 000. Not 10 000.
regardless.
Here's when it will happen:
WHEN COST OF RUNNING THAT OPERATION BY WEST WILL SUPERSEDE PROFIT. It is that simple.

Next, it will happen when forces, that run both west and Russia, will be content with the accomplished result.

Or, what's attached, will run out of bullets
Attached Thumbnails
Ukraine War-screenshot-2023-06-22-181546.png  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2023, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTB365 View Post
And I guess Russia does no propagandizing....no no ...they never do that
And Putin doesn't control everything Russians see and hear...

Actually, he doesn't. There are institutions, that do that. How hard is it to understand that, "Putin" does not really do much of any acts, he's blamed of, personally? Just like "Biden" or "Xi" or you name it.

Old 06-22-2023, 07:52 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,778,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdw View Post
Ukraine has every right to stop Russian invaders and weapons from entering one part of occupied Ukrainian land to another part of occupied Ukrainian land. Crimea will be liberated, go F yourselves Putin and his oligarchs
Well this is all very hypothetical, since it can't really happen short of WW3, but what happens if Crimea does not want to be liberated?

Old 06-22-2023, 08:05 PM
bu2

24,267 posts, read 15,105,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by serger View Post
Well this is all very hypothetical, since it can't really happen short of WW3, but what happens if Crimea does not want to be liberated?
Kharkiv, Kherson, Zaporhizia and the rest of Donetsk and Luhansk didn’t want to be “liberated†by the Russians.

Old 06-22-2023, 08:27 PM

9,007 posts, read 11,897,123 times
More bad news for Russia: China is not doing well economically. Xi won't be able to help Russia. That trip that Blinken took to China, I am sure Russia's invasion of Ukraine was part of the conversation.

Xi is desperate for foreign trades. The US can help. Russia can't. The math is simple.

Old 06-22-2023, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bu2 View Post
Kharkiv, Kherson, Zaporhizia and the rest of Donetsk and Luhansk didn’t want to be “liberated†by the Russians.
I asked a question.

Old 06-22-2023, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
More bad news for Russia: China is not doing well economically. Xi won't be able to help Russia. That trip that Blinken took to China, I am sure Russia's invasion of Ukraine was part of the conversation.

Xi is desperate for foreign trades. The US can help. Russia can't. The math is simple.
Lol, "can help"? Do you think they forgot the crippling sanctions started by the previous administration ?

Old 06-22-2023, 08:58 PM

26,757 posts, read 15,323,348 times
Quote:
It's scary how fast Russia can recruit online bots, given that they have trouble recruiting soldiers at home.
You call people a bot if they use their own brain and don't repeat propaganda 100% verbatim. You want people to regurgitate the programming that the MSM feeds us.

You don't see the irony in calling others bots? Do you still think Putin blew up his own pipeline?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Two updates.

The third counteroffensive is developing as I type. Started at night local time.

Gauleiters Z signed order for another mobilization. Goal is to draft 70 000 conscripts and put them through accelerated NATO 3 months training program.
Thanks for the update.

CNN reported today that western officials are admitting that Ukraine's June offensives have under-performed expectations.

I know a Ukrainian who just got back to Ukraine after being gone for a few years. Hope he is safe, but he'll likely get drafted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Were starting to see Ukraine approach some of the critical logistics roads as part of this assault, given the losses in logistics bases, if they lose resupply then units all around this are in deep deep trouble. Everyone focuses on which cities they take, but its really more important about which logistic roads they remove access too.
Great points.

In the Civil War there often was an emphasis on trying to take cities, which was a mistake. Weakening the enemy army, supplying your army, depriving the other army was more important.

I watch these update videos on the current war and it seems like some will make a big deal if a vacant field or shelled out ghost town changes hands. And I understand that perhaps an area could have high ground for tactical advantage, but a lot of these videos seem silly. "Ukraine retakes the field outside the village in a major advantage shift." But it's not even half a square mile and well short of the main Russian defensive units.

Old 06-22-2023, 09:06 PM

25,821 posts, read 17,589,327 times
Quote:

True.
Japan and Germany became great countries only after they began trading with the rest of the world. In the beginning, after WW2, that meant the US, but now there are lots of places to trade. But you need to behave yourself, because each prospective trading partner has lots of alternatives.

Few countries honestly want to trade with China. China is now heavily invested in countries who are not doing well and cannot pay back the money China loaned them. So China will end up holding expensive infrastructure in countries will little prospect of success.
Covid virus expenses, demographic decline, military sabre rattling, generally short of raw materials, and actual deflation. It doesn't look good for China.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5B-rJDbHJM

Old 06-22-2023, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by greywar
Were starting to see Ukraine approach some of the critical logistics roads as part of this assault, given the losses in logistics bases, if they lose resupply then units all around this are in deep deep trouble. Everyone focuses on which cities they take, but its really more important about which logistic roads they remove access too.

Well, so far, no one is even mentioning taking cities, unless high.AFU is like a fly in molasses in the grey zone and if ANYONE read very structured Yuri's post - Surovikin line is 25 kilometers deep. TWENTY FIVE. Fortifications, MINE FIELDS, TRENCHES, DRAGON TEETH (yes, I know, they have one tank, equipped to go through them. until hit)
But the thing is - it does not really matter, if you have a road for supplies. What does matter, is if you have elevations, with artillery on them and air superiority. And, if someone really thinks that a handful of old F16s, not even suited to fight against Su35s, will make any difference - they need major reality check. MAJOR.

One of the basic postulates of positional warfare is, successful offensive is NOT possible, unless a principally new weapon is used. Before John will say "this is not how it works" let me remind of something . The first tank attack in WWI that lead to strategic enemy line breakthrough. What do you have now? Drones looked promising for a moment but REC were figured out and they became more of nuisance now, than offensive weapon of the new generation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies