Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support giving Ukraine F-16s
Yes 201 39.88%
No 254 50.40%
Unsure 49 9.72%
Voters: 504. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2023, 04:17 PM

19,210 posts, read 27,849,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I see, now. Sorry, I hadn't read the Daily Mail article. The victims of the looting (Russians) said it was Russians who did it. That's the only info we have so far.

Here's an excerpt from the article:
It doesn't say if the looters were soldiers or other citizens (?) of some sort. (Criminal elements, or just people takig advantage of the chaos.) The Daily Mail is reporting on a video of the scene, which was the result of a Ukrainian attack. But it also says, that Ukraine has neither confirmed or denied that it was responsible.

Unfortunately, there are cases of looting in attacked areas. Unfortunately, ANY situation of such nature results in looting. ANY. And always was like this. MIA is actively monitoring evacuations and any stray suspicious characters.

Not to create an impression that Russians are just a band of thieves, read any news tape - daily - from the most developed country in the world. Robberies, and unpunished to that, are striving.

So, take it as it is. Human nature is human nature. As Russian proverb says, only grave fixes hunchback.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2023, 04:18 PM

4,974 posts, read 2,749,024 times
I'm throwing this quote out here for all the Russian supporters on here (and there are quite a few)..it is from someone in the comments section of the last video I posted..

Quote:
Something important to know, for all who are interested in history and/or support Ukraine:

Rus' ought not to be confused with modern “Russia”, which derives its name from the Rus' but historically is a completely different state, which almost all its existence was at war with the Rus'.

Just like the Holy Roman Empire was actually Germany, “Russia” is actually Muscovy, despite their best attempts to convince everybody otherwise.

Its name “Russia" received only in the 18th century, when Peter I simply changed Muscovy’s name into the “All Russian Empire” (Russia originates from Rosia, name used by the Greek Orthodox Clergy in regards to Rus')
Under the reign of Cathrine II Muscovites where even punished for continuing to identify as Muscovites, and were forced to call themselves Russian.

Lands that Russia (Muscovy) claims were part of the original Rus', but actually weren't, are Novgorod, Suzdal, and Ryazan, since in historical texts of XI-XII centuries they are mentioned as separate entities from Rus'. They can be considered parts of extended Rus', although their culture was distinct from main Rus'.

In 1493, Muscovite duke Ivan III appointed himself to be the Great Ruler of All Rus'. No other kings acknowledged that. From that point on Muscovy started to make false claims on Rus' ownership.

“Russia” is an offshoot of Ukraine and not the other way round, despite what Soviet and Russian (Muscovite) historians have been trying to say for years. A Slavicised Finnic, then later, Mongolized offshoot. Kyiv was a developed cultured capital when Moscow was just another swamp village.

Germany used to call itself the Holy Roman Empire, that didn’t mean they became the Romans, and all of a sudden had a right to claim whole of Italy and its history, but yet, that’s exactly what Russia (Muscovy) did in regards to Rus'–Ukraine, which is a horrible injustice!
I don't care about any of 'historical context' of it all, but some on here certainly do..so have at it..

Old 06-04-2023, 04:24 PM

26,877 posts, read 22,743,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukrkoz View Post
Why Ukraine is shelling borderline Russian territory.

Simple. Ukrainian population and Ukraine's western sponsors request proof of action. Investors want to see, where there investments went. Ukrainians want retaliation for bombings.
Both understandable.
Using drones, no matter how much hyped, is impractical as, they don't really cause any significant damage and, flying them deep into the Russian territory is pointless and does not work too well.
Current military action is still a media war. Media needs new, updated "results" that can shake the masses and give talking points, for types of Denis Davydov.
Ukraine was shelling Donbass and Lugansk since 2014, people became immune to those "news".
Hence, change of direction and shelling of several insignificant pre border villages and towns....

They shell it just because they can.

They destroy the residential buildings and kill civilians just because they can. It's he whole philosophy of this terrorist state - I was watching what was going on there since 2014.

"Might makes it right" was their modus operandi - all these "soccer fans," Bandera followers with their torch parades and the rest.

It was their signature moves long before this Russian invasion.

And they CAN kill and destroy now with impunity, because Russian troops were fleeing from Kharkov region earlier, exposing Russian border towns.

Now MoD has to eat more of their own excitements pardon my French, because "we are not going to move our troops where Ukrainians want us to move them ( i.e. in Belgorod region.)"

Ha-ha, I remember this familiar song nine years ago - "We will not get involved into war with Ukraine, because that's what the West is provoking us to do."

Old 06-04-2023, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double6's View Post
I'm throwing this quote out here for all the Russian supporters on here (and there are quite a few)..it is from someone in the comments section of the last video I posted..

I don't care about any of 'historical context' of it all, but some on here certainly do..so have at it..

Quite interesting, how overall OK article twists in disinformation.

“Russia” is an offshoot of Ukraine and not the other way round, despite what Soviet and Russian (Muscovite) historians have been trying to say for years. A Slavicised Finnic, then later, Mongolized offshoot. Kyiv was a developed cultured capital when Moscow was just another swamp village.

hat is historically incorrect and you should do better than that, as it is straight "deza", pro term for disinformation.

There was a KIEVAN RUS, not Ukraine. Kievan Rus indeed had its capital in the city of Kyiv, name so in honor of one of the founders, Kyi. 3 borthers and siste. Kyi, Shchek, Horyv and their sister Lybid (Swan). It was called Kyiv Grad, city of Kyi.
Kievan Rus was conglomerate of numerous Slavic tribes - Rusichi, Sweneldy, Ugry, Viatichim, Krivechi and so on and so on.
Rus was general name as majority of those tribes had characteristically light hair, or "rusyi" in then language.
That Kyiv was capital, or stolnyj grad, city of the throne of the Great Duke, BY NO MEANS makes it Ukraine. There was no Ukraine back then and, even its now so much famous Tryzub, or trident, symbol, is nothing more than a Khazar Kaganat tanga, seal.

Moskovia, or Moskovskoe Kniazhestvo, appeared somewhere towards the 12th century and the name comes from the river Moskva, settlement was founded on. It had fortunate location far north, what held Tatars back from ransacking it as much, as they did everyone else, what allowed it to slowly get to power and, eventually, become powerful enough to defeat them. That's when Kievan Rus was long in shambles and nothing but warring dukeships completely subservant to the Golden Orda.

But, if you REALLY want to dig into all this, got to read up on The Great Tartaria, mother to all the lands of the Rus.

So please, don't post twisted info.

Old 06-04-2023, 04:58 PM

Quote:

See "Ukraine" anywhere?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...54-1132%29.jpg

Old 06-04-2023, 04:58 PM

7,694 posts, read 5,582,588 times
Bucha one year later… a series of 10 before and after photos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...ne_year_after/

The transformation is amazing.

Old 06-04-2023, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnirene View Post
Bucha one year later… a series of 10 before and after photos:

https://www.reddit.com/r/ukraine/com...ne_year_after/

The transformation is amazing.

Got to love the BS.
Look at the picture #1 in your link
IT IS A T-34 TANK!!! Production started in 1938 and stopped in 1944.
You do realize, how FAKE that is?
And the rest is some cosmetics here and there, nothing really "amazing".
You wanna see, how cities are rebuilt?

This video of RF construction companies clearing and rebuilding Mariupol'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pe8FPtmKGxw

This is NEW section of Mariupol', built after it was taken by Russia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wp-Rw_YnXlE

Old 06-04-2023, 06:38 PM

26,877 posts, read 22,743,655 times
Quote:

Quote:
Something important to know, for all who are interested in history and/or support Ukraine:

Rus' ought not to be confused with modern “Russia”, which derives its name from the Rus' but historically is a completely different state, which almost all its existence was at war with the Rus'.

Just like the Holy Roman Empire was actually Germany, “Russia” is actually Muscovy, despite their best attempts to convince everybody otherwise.

Its name “Russia" received only in the 18th century, when Peter I simply changed Muscovy’s name into the “All Russian Empire” (Russia originates from Rosia, name used by the Greek Orthodox Clergy in regards to Rus')
Under the reign of Cathrine II Muscovites where even punished for continuing to identify as Muscovites, and were forced to call themselves Russian.

Lands that Russia (Muscovy) claims were part of the original Rus', but actually weren't, are Novgorod, Suzdal, and Ryazan, since in historical texts of XI-XII centuries they are mentioned as separate entities from Rus'. They can be considered parts of extended Rus', although their culture was distinct from main Rus'.

In 1493, Muscovite duke Ivan III appointed himself to be the Great Ruler of All Rus'. No other kings acknowledged that. From that point on Muscovy started to make false claims on Rus' ownership.

Germany used to call itself the Holy Roman Empire, that didn’t mean they became the Romans, and all of a sudden had a right to claim whole of Italy and its history, but yet, that’s exactly what Russia (Muscovy) did in regards to Rus'–Ukraine, which is a horrible injustice!

I know, Ukrainians LOVE to spread their fakes/alternative history propaganda wherever they can.

But poor country bumpkins don't understand that "Muscovy" was the name given to then Russian state specifically by the Catholic church.
It was the Catholic church, that was vehemently against the claim of Ivan III to be "tzar of all Rus," because big part of former Rus lands were already under the Polish- Lithuanian Commonwealth ( part of the Catholic domain,) and they knew it. So Catholics were eyeing the rest of Russian lands since the days of dawn ( Christianization of Rus to be exact,) and obviously were against any attempts of Moscow's czars to claim ALL originally Orthodox lands back.

THAT'S where "Muscovy" is coming from. Russians who lived there never referred to themselves as some "muscovites," but simply "Russians."

And oh, while I am at that - "Rus" and "Russia" are one and the same word. It's just Catherine the Great ( or Elizabeth - whichever one of them) changed "Rus" into "Russia" in 18th or whatever century, to be on par with the rest of the names of European states, be that Francia or Germania or Anglia. And that's how "Rus" became "Russia."

Russians still use the word "Rus" interchangeably with "Russia," but mostly in poetry and literature that describes the earlier historic periods of the country.

Old 06-04-2023, 06:48 PM

4,974 posts, read 2,749,024 times
Denys update...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGhbJwlxk0M

Old 06-04-2023, 06:52 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,251,298 times
Quote:
The historical context is important to understand how Ukraine became Ukraine, and why it is split between so many different nationalities/ethnicities/loyalties/sentiments/etc(especially ethnic Russians and Russian speakers).

For reference, the Kenyan ambassador discussed the situation in Africa at the start of the war last year.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/02/23/europ...ntl/index.html

"This situation echoes our history. Kenya and almost every African country was birthed by the ending of empire. Our borders were not of our own drawing. They were drawn in the distant colonial metropoles of London, Paris and Lisbon, with no regard for the ancient nations that they cleaved apart.

At independence, had we chosen to pursue states on the basis of ethnic, racial or religious homogeneity, we would still be waging bloody wars these many decades later. Instead, we agreed that we would settle for the borders that we inherited, but we would still pursue continental political, economic, and legal integration.

We believe that all states formed from empires that have collapsed or retreated have many peoples in them yearning for integration with peoples in neighboring states. This is normal and understandable. After all, who does not want to be joined to their brethren and to make common purpose with them?

However, Kenya rejects such a yearning from being pursued by force. We must complete our recovery from the embers of dead empires in a way that does not plunge us back into new forms of domination and oppression."

I have zero sympathy for Ukraine. Mostly because they're a puppet government controlled by the United States, paid to send Ukrainians to their deaths for American hegemony. Partly because of their refusal to negotiate with Russia over pro-Russian territories after an illegal US-backed coup orchestrated by Victoria Nuland and Co., but mainly because they're a degenerate country driven purely by money and material interests, and the few who are driven by noble intentions are too stupid to understand why the United States is using them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies